Jason Young to Get New Hearing March 3, 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
The NC CoA is just following standard procedure.
A MAR is not an appellate issue, so they naturally dropped this last desperate challenge of ineffective counsel down to Superior Court.
Funny, a sitting Wake County Judge was his lead attorney.:laugh:

The NC CoA is just following standard procedure.
A MAR is not an appellate issue, so they naturally dropped this last desperate challenge of ineffective counsel down to Superior Court.
Funny, a sitting Wake County Judge was his lead attorney.:laugh:

:D

Nice to "see" you again, Fax! I remember you were close to this case/trial. JY is such a pr!ck.

We'll see, we'll see...

Get comfortable, folks... This prolly won't happen in a hurry, STS.

Poor Michelle. That's all I can say. God bless her family and all they continue to suffer. He should be forgotten and the key thrown away.

Grrrrr. All JY wants is to trade forgoing a trial for a reduced sentence, like his fellow wife-murderer Brad Cooper got -- a reduction in sentence and bumping the charge down to 2nd Degree Murder. BC traded his upcoming new 1stMurder/LWOP trial for a 12y/1m to 15y/3m and a second-degree murder charge, and gave up his chance at a 2nd Murder1 trial. He did, however, have to admit that he killed Nancy in open court. :D

BC is eligible for release on 11/23/2020. In his case, however, when he gets released, he will be sent to his native Canada. At least he'll be TH Outta here.

New book on Jason young case

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Looks like the #1 Brad Cooper fan (admitted wife killer) has penned another tabloid worthy e-book about a convicted wife killer.
This time, the author has written another totally slanted account, with extra credit going to the convicted killer's family and "dr" Maurice Godwin. :thumb:

Well, isn't that special??!!

Grrrrrr.

Jason Young to get another hearing in Wake Superior Court

Hearing on his claims of ineffective legal counsel

NC Court of Appeals ordered hearing

10 years have passed since Michelle Young was bludgeoned

Read more here: http://www.newsobserver.com/news/local/crime/article63835467.html#storylink=cpy

Interesting. No doubt this will not be a popular opinion here, and I went into his trial totally believing he was guilty but I don't think they proved it. Certainly not beyond a reasonable doubt, imo.

I'm from the area and also had occasion to drive to Hillsville within a few months of the trial and I have serious doubts about whether he could have driven there, then back home, then back again in the time frame LE provided.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doghairrules, JLY had ample time back at Birchleaf to kill his wife. Video proved when he departed and his gas purchase at the King C-store proved the time-line when he returned. The 2nd trial busted his 'alibi' beyond a reasonable doubt. The gas used for the trip added up to the last fume.....

Mileage + gas- 359.19 miles divided by burlington purchase. 19.47 mpg.
Explorer holds 22.5 gals. Handee -HI - back to Birchleaf - King 458.90 miles divided by 22.5 = 20.3 miles per gal. Duffield to Brevard mountainous. Raleigh- Hillsville open highway, early morning, minimal traffic.

Actually the book offers a different opinion on the gas

Interesting. No doubt this will not be a popular opinion here, and I went into his trial totally believing he was guilty but I don't think they proved it. Certainly not beyond a reasonable doubt, imo.

The jury who unanimously convicted him, disagreed.

He is guilty and a convicted killer.

The NC Supreme Court put the smackdown on the appeal, affirming his conviction.

He's trying to assert that Judge Collins, who was the chief public defender in 2012 and other defense attorney (Mike K) provided ineffective assistance of counsel. That's his only move left. If that maneuver fails he's toast (unless the US Supreme Court deigns to hear his case, which they won't).

Yeah and all of Greg Taylor's appeals were denied but after 17 years he was exonerated

Apples and Potatoes.

Greg Taylor was factually innocent and had the Innocence Commission fighting his case and they proved factual innocence.

For 17 years he wasn't according to DA's office and even the lawyers in the Innocence hearings still argued he was guilty

I'm not even saying he's innocent - I'm saying the timeline that was presented made no sense at all to me. I lived 25-30 minutes closer to Hillsville than he did at the time and I wouldn't have been within 2 hours of their suggested time frame.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member