PA PA - Jacob Rogers, 37, Philadelphia, 25 Nov 2015

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
Jacob Rogers
jacob-rogers-missing-30th-street-station-1.jpg

Family Says Man Disappeared From 30th Street Station

30th Street Station, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania -
It has been months since the family of Tacony resident Jacob Rogers has heard from him, and the Philadelphia Police Department is asking for help in locating the 37-year-old man.

According to police, Rogers’ family last spoke with him on Thanksgiving, when he said he was at 30th Street Station picking up a ticket to travel to Charleston, West Virginia, but when the train showed up, Rogers was nowhere to be found.

Police say that there is no indication that Rogers made it to the ticket counter or that he was actually on the train, and he hasn't touched his bank account since November 25th, the day before he was reportedly at 30th Street. His phone is not in service.

Read more at http://www.phillymag.com/news/2016/...sing-30th-street-station/#G6DFi5oVIT5V185S.99

30th street station is right beside Schulylkill river...

:candle:

Where are you Jacob?

Wonder if he was initially intending heading home to his family in Charlestown for Thanksgiving.

But no bank account activity or cell phone not in use is concerning.

If he did fall in the Sculykill River that could take him right down to Delaware River. :( and goodness knows where.

Poor man, hope they find him soon.

I wonder how long before the family reported him missing or if they even reported him missing. Maybe a close friend became worried and called it in.

Phillyvoice.com says he lives at 2000 block of E. Madison st. Quickest way to 30th st station is by the Market-Frankford line. He would've gotten on right at Kensington and Allegheny. Kensington is NOT a good area, especially right under the MFL line. Google maps shows a few banks on Allegheny right by the MFL stop. Maybe they have video? I don't know how long they would save recordings like that for. JMOO. Hope he is fine

30th street is normally a nuthouse around Thanksgiving, with lots of activity. I spent over 10 years in that area at school and work, and road the trains many a time. I would agree that there is a greater likelihood that he got jumped or robbed on his way. Are they sure he made it to the station?

So he was there on Thanksgiving night. You know, I know it is crazy the days before Thanksgiving, but the actual night might be different. If I had to guess, if he had a problem, I would bet it happened on the L train, or outside the station.

The station would have cameras, right? Riding public transportation at night in those parts is sometimes taking your life into your hands. I never liked being downtown by myself at night, much less taking the L back and forth towards the Lower Northeast.

If I had to guess, I am saying foul play.

It is concerning that this guy was not reporting missing for 4 months.

still missing:
http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2016/03/07/man-missing-thanksgiving/

Jacob Rogers is 6’1″, about 195 pounds, with blonde hair and blue eyes. His right eyebrow and left ear are pierced, he has a soul patch, and a wispy growth of hair from his chin that at one point was dyed blue.

Snipped...
...Police say 37-year-old Jacob Rogers last spoke with his family around 9 Thanksgiving night, saying he was at 30th Street Station to pick up a one-way ticket they’d bought, so he could visit them in Charleston, West Virginia.

The train left the next morning, but when it arrived in Charleston that night, Rogers wasn’t on it. And police say they’re no evidence he ever got on the train or even picked up the ticket.

:thinking:

Why did he make a special trip for the ticket? Couldn't he pick up his ticket Friday morning?

Why did he make a special trip for the ticket? Couldn't he pick up his ticket Friday morning?

If I understand this correctly, I don't think he made a special trip.

I think something happened after 9:00 pm Thursday night (the 26th) and before 8:15 am Friday morning (the 27th).

I wonder if he indeed made it on the train and got off at a different station for as yet unknown reasons. Might be worth checking John Doe's in the Amtrak corridor from Philly to final destination. I have not seen any family dynamics noted, so I don't see much reason for a walk-a-way.

I live in this city-very near to Jacob's address, and don't recall reading about him. The area where he lives is not a safe area-day or night. I am about 5 city streets to the East. If he changed his mind and decided to return home, he could have been robbed or worse-just don't know why he said he was there, if he wasn't. I was robbed about 2 blocks from there-coming home from work late at night. Guy jumped out of a car and threatened to kill me-I threw my purse at him and ran. This was about 15 years ago-is much worse now! Any information on why he was living here? Had he been here long? Where did he work? Hope his family gets answers soon.

Pat

Could the mother be mistaken about the day? There is no video of him at the station? There has to be many cameras there.

I literally spent 5-6 years around that station for school. There are a lot of characters, who hang near there, bumming $$. There has to be something else going on here. If he really was at the station, what could happen in the station?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
okaydandy
Back