Identified! FL - St Petersburg, Skeletal Remains in War Memorial Park, Mar'16 - Robert Higgins

http://wfla.com/2016/03/08/skeletal-remains-found-in-tampa-bay-area-park/

This is 2 miles from me! My husband takes my daughter there sometimes to play. Wow!

From the above link,

"PINELLAS COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) – Skeletal remains were found Tuesday morning at the War Veterans Memorial Park in unincorporated St. Petersburg.

Deputies arrived at the park, located at 9600 Bay Pine Blvd., around 10:49 a.m."

The article also says "the skeletal remains are human..." and that at this time identity and gender is unknown.

You are correct they are not sure yet the gender. The list I made where from Pinellas Sheriff's missing persons website who went missing from St. Pete. There's a link also for those missing through SPPD and there are males also.

I'm surprised that LE did not mention this possibility. It's one of those wait and see I guess. If there are levis or other clothes that they found then it's probably not.

I'm surprised that LE did not mention this possibility. It's one of those wait and see I guess. If there are levis or other clothes that they found then it's probably not.

Yeah, there could be any number of clues to indicate that it's a relatively recent death. Clothing, a watch, fillings in the teeth, more than bones remaining, wrapped in plastic...who knows.

It's so hard to wait.

Bumping. This case is now on Namus and a whole bunch of information has been added:

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/15482

- he was white and between 65 and 80 years old
- estimated height is 68 inches and weight about 100 pounds
- hair color was grey
- postmortem interval is about 5 weeks
- he had fractured A LOT of bones in the past and received surgery several times.
- two surgical plates were still in place in his lower right arm, it's estimated they were manufactured in the early or mid 1980s.
- he probably walked with a limp
- if the reconstrucions are correct, he had a strong underbite
- they found a pair of grey boxer shorts size L and a black and gold Miykon watch near the remains

Reconstructions:

I checked Charleyproject and Doenetwork for the time frame but couldn't find anyone who matches the description.

Re: the underbite/slightly distorted face: the medical details describe significant damage to the left side of his head and face, so that might not reflect how he looked earlier in life.

PS The damage to his left side appears to be consistent with being thrown from a horse. He's a small man; I wonder if he was a jockey, trainer, rodeo rider?

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

Re: the underbite/slightly distorted face: the medical details describe significant damage to the left side of his head and face, so that might not reflect how he looked earlier in life.

PS The damage to his left side appears to be consistent with being thrown from a horse. He's a small man; I wonder if he was a jockey, trainer, rodeo rider?

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

The previous fractured bones and damage to his body could have been a result of a severe car accident. I wonder if the orthopedic plates can be tracked.

One plate used was a Zimmer 6 hole 103mm Orthopedic plate (2352-06 C281) and the other was a Zimmer 5 hole 87mm Orthopedic plate (2352-05 A162). Plates are believed to have been manufactured in the early to mid 1980’s.

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/15482

Sleuthster if your family goes to that park, how big is it that remains could have turned to skeleton before being found?

Hi Guys,
This maybe a long shot and the fractures etc. don't really match.
But whilst browsing namus and "the lost and found" I found this case: Unidentified Person Case
So then I searched namus somemore and found this case: Missing Person Case
And personally I thought they looked pretty similar.
So I did some work in photoshop and made an overlay of the pictures and the eyes, mouth and nose match almost perfectly. I've included the pics.

Is it just me or do you guys see it too?

Attachments

• Unidentified Male.jpg
    Unidentified Male.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 38
  • John William Wingler NamUs #MP31131.jpg
    John William Wingler NamUs #MP31131.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 46
  • 2018-07-02 16_23_52-Untitled-1 @ 100% (Layer 2, RGB_8) _.png
    2018-07-02 16_23_52-Untitled-1 @ 100% (Layer 2, RGB_8) _.png
    573.8 KB · Views: 30
  • 2018-07-02 16_26_11-Overlay.psd @ 100% (Layer 2, RGB_8) _.png
    2018-07-02 16_26_11-Overlay.psd @ 100% (Layer 2, RGB_8) _.png
    606.2 KB · Views: 29
Sleuthster if your family goes to that park, how big is it that remains could have turned to skeleton before being found?
The park is big:
Pinellas County, Florida, Park and Conservation Resources - War Veterans' Memorial Park
War Veterans' Park consists of 122 acres, located on Boca Ciega Bay with access to the Gulf of Mexico.

Also, the park is directly adjacent to the VA Medical Center. Perhaps this man was a veteran and a patient at the VA Med Ctr.
Pinellas County, Florida, Park and Conservation Resources - War Veterans' Memorial Park
The park was donated to the county as surplus federal property in 1963. It is built adjacent to C.W. Bill Young VA Medical Center grounds . . .

If he was a patient, or treated there, would the wrist ID still be intact?

If he was a patient, or treated there, would the wrist ID still be intact?
Probably not. That VA center has a lot of outpatient services.
Bay Pines VA Healthcare System
BTW - ^^ renamed several years ago to C.W. Bill Young VAMC
He could have gone there for regular weekly/monthly medical treatment. I would hope that the sheriff would have looked at VA records to narrow down patients who no longer came for appointments. But I realize that would be a daunting task.

Hi Guys,
This maybe a long shot and the fractures etc. don't really match.
But whilst browsing namus and "the lost and found" I found this case: Unidentified Person Case
So then I searched namus somemore and found this case: Missing Person Case
And personally I thought they looked pretty similar.
So I did some work in photoshop and made an overlay of the pictures and the eyes, mouth and nose match almost perfectly. I've included the pics.

Is it just me or do you guys see it too?
Much scandal at Bay Pines VA.
Interesting man narrating this video - He introduces himself as whistleblower Jeff Sherman.
Published on Mar 4, 2015
Date: July 25, 2014

Probably not. That VA center has a lot of outpatient services.
Bay Pines VA Healthcare System
BTW - ^^ renamed several years ago to C.W. Bill Young VAMC
He could have gone there for regular weekly/monthly medical treatment. I would hope that the sheriff would have looked at VA records to narrow down patients who no longer came for appointments. But I realize that would be a daunting task.

Medical privacy laws don't usually allow that kind of search.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back