CA - Firearm missing after 2 year old shoots self in head, 7 March 2016

JerseyGirl

Forum Coordinator
Staff member
Forum Coordinators
Reaction score
Sacramento County Sheriff's detectives have been unable to determine how a 2-year-old girl managed to allegedly shoot herself in the head inside a South Sacramento home Monday. What's more, detectives have not yet located the firearm the toddler reportedly used to shoot herself, either.

Deputies was alerted to the shooting a little before 2 p.m. Monday, following a 911 call to the department. When officers arrived at the Countryfield Drive home, deputies found the wounded toddler along with the mother and two other women. The toddler and her mother do not live at the home.

Detectives could not find a gun at the scene, making it difficult for police to find out what happened.

The little girl was transported to a local hospital where she is receiving treatment.

The three women at the home were taken in for questioning. Police say they can't share what was discussed in the interviews but say there was inconsistencies with the women's stories.

http://www.abc10.com/news/local/sou...ssing-in-sacramento-toddler-shooting/74025565

Sacramento County Sheriff's detectives have been unable to determine how a 2-year-old girl managed to allegedly shoot herself in the head inside a South Sacramento home Monday. What's more, detectives have not yet located the firearm the toddler reportedly used to shoot herself, either.

Deputies was alerted to the shooting a little before 2 p.m. Monday, following a 911 call to the department. When officers arrived at the Countryfield Drive home, deputies found the wounded toddler along with the mother and two other women. The toddler and her mother do not live at the home.

Detectives could not find a gun at the scene, making it difficult for police to find out what happened.

The little girl was transported to a local hospital where she is receiving treatment.

The three women at the home were taken in for questioning. Police say they can't share what was discussed in the interviews but say there was inconsistencies with the women's stories.

http://www.abc10.com/news/local/sou...ssing-in-sacramento-toddler-shooting/74025565

From your link:

This makes me :stormingmad:

There were adults in the home! It happened during the day!

This little girl should never have been in this situation in the first place!!!! :moo:

:tears:

:rose:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

im willing to bet a felon lived in the home so a weapon should not have been there.

Or the weapon was illegally obtained and not registered.

The toddler's dad is suspicious too. No updates on the investigation and no updates on the child's condition. :tears: I hope she makes it.

DeAngelo Mansion is angry, frustrated and heartbroken to see his 2-year-old daughter fighting for her life, and he believes her mother is covering up something.
No one has been able to reach her mother since the incident, and the fact detectives have not been able to find that gun is what makes it even more fishy to Mansion.

http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2016...edly-shoots-herself-in-south-sacramento-home/

Two women were at the home when officers arrived, Turnbull said. Homicide and child abuse detectives were trying to determine what led to the shooting, he added.

"We don't have a crystal ball," Turnbull said. "We can't go off the initial 911 call."

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-toddler-shot-self-head-sacramento-20160307-story.html

I'd sure like to hear the 911 call...

Oh geez. A 2 year old shot herself with an imaginary gun. Come on, you know it happens all the time. (Sarcasm)
I hope baby recovers with no I'll effects.

Dad Wants Answers After Toddler Allegedly Shoots Herself « CBS Sacramento

SOUTH SACRAMENTO (CBS13) — The father of a 2-year-old girl who allegedly shot herself in a South Sacramento home says there are too many holes in the story of how it happened.

Little Aubrey’s father says he wants answers and justice for his baby girl.

DeAngelo Mansion is angry, frustrated and heartbroken to see his 2-year-old daughter fighting for her life, and he believes her mother is covering up something.

No one has been able to reach her mother since the incident, and the fact detectives have not been able to find that gun is what makes it even more fishy to Mansion.
[...]
“If my daughter was able to pick it up then where is it? She couldn’t hide it; it’s fishy to me.”

He says the mom has a history of neglecting their baby before, and that she was recently evicted and possibly living with that friend and her boyfriend.
[...]

http://cbsloc.al/1pjMYP5

I'm right there with him. I'm praying she recovers, and that LE gets to the bottom of this. I'm no less angry than I was when the story broke. In fact, if they can't find her "mom" then is she leaving Little Aubrey unattended in the hospital, fighting for her life after multiple surgeries? She should be holding vigil - as any loving, innocent mother would be.

Perhaps I'm missing something, but based on this report,
her (in)actions speak volumes. :cow:

He's certainly throwing her under the bus. All I know is that this BabyGirl is what matters - and she didn't have to be in that situation.

:furious:

#JusticeForAubrey!!!

:candle:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members