Jacob Erwin Wetterling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sasquatch321

Reaction score
We are the world, pulling for you.

jacob-erwin-wetterling-021.jpg

Jacob was a fun, active, athletic, kind, 11-year-old boy who loved peanut butter and football. He was most known for his sense of fairness.

HT_Jacob_Wetterling_3_ER_160219_4x3_992.jpg

20131022__20131022__jacob_wetterling_skybox.jpg

Jacob Erwin Wetterling is a boy from St. Joseph, Minnesota, who was kidnapped from his hometown at the age of 11 on Sunday, October 22, 1989. His whereabouts are unknown. Jacob Wetterling, his brother, and a friend were cycling home from a convenience store after 9 pm on October 22, 1989, when a masked gunman came out of a driveway and ordered the boys to throw their bikes into a ditch and lie face down on the ground. He then asked each boy his age. Jacob's brother was told to run toward a nearby wooded area and not look back or else he would be shot. Subsequently, the gunman asked to view the faces of the two remaining boys. He picked Jacob, and told his friend to run away and not look back otherwise he would shoot.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jacob_Wetterling

Leads on Jacob’s case or any missing child can be called into the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children at 800-THE-LOST.

We Are The World- [video=youtube;9AjkUyX0rVw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9AjkUyX0rVw[/video]

View attachment 90356

Jacob was a fun, active, athletic, kind, 11-year-old boy who loved peanut butter and football. He was most known for his sense of fairness.

View attachment 90355

View attachment 90357

Jacob Erwin Wetterling is a boy from St. Joseph, Minnesota, who was kidnapped from his hometown at the age of 11 on Sunday, October 22, 1989. His whereabouts are unknown. Jacob Wetterling, his brother, and a friend were cycling home from a convenience store after 9 pm on October 22, 1989, when a masked gunman came out of a driveway and ordered the boys to throw their bikes into a ditch and lie face down on the ground. He then asked each boy his age. Jacob's brother was told to run toward a nearby wooded area and not look back or else he would be shot. Subsequently, the gunman asked to view the faces of the two remaining boys. He picked Jacob, and told his friend to run away and not look back otherwise he would shoot.

Leads on Jacob’s case or any missing child can be called into the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children at 800-THE-LOST.

We Are The World- [video=youtube;9AjkUyX0rVw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9AjkUyX0rVw[/video]

Thank you Sasquatch321. So much talent here. This video will be played forever.

Jacob's favorite song that was played many many many times on the radio, maybe around the world. Listen by Red Grammer

[video=youtube;rrVCCpboLTU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrVCCpboLTU[/video]

I appreciate this thread and the intimacy of it. It is so important to be reminded that Jacob is a real boy, with a personality and interests, and not just an unsolved case.

I would actually love to know more about him. He seems like such a nice kid.

I appreciate this thread and the intimacy of it. It is so important to be reminded that Jacob is a real boy, with a personality and interests, and not just an unsolved case.

I would actually love to know more about him. He seems like such a nice kid.

I can't speak for the others, but I never need reminding that Jacob is/was a real boy. I haven't posted much in this thread, but I appreciate those that do. Welcome to WS. :)

It's a small world out there. Until last spring I had never actually met someone who had a chance to see and know Jacob. A new guy at work showed up and I got to talking him, he said he had grown up in St. Joe for a majority of his life. I said "What do you know about the Wetterling case?" He shook his head a bit "Don't Know, not much" I then talked a bit about the search on the farm and how that search may not be complete as people think. He said "no, I don't think that guy did it" "I think he was sold into a sex ring". He then told me he had known Jacob, that he seen him many times around town either hanging around at his dads work or with his friends over at Kays Kitchen for ice cream. In fact, he told me he had seen Jacob either the day or the day before he was abducted at his dad's chiropractors office. I asked him what was he like? "oh nice kid, always smiling" "your average good kid" I stood there in awe at him "Wow", feeling a bit closer to Jacob, and glad to know that I know someone that Jacob knew as well. I've since become very good friends with this person.

Does anyone happen to have a link or the video file for the December 2, 2013 20/20 story "A Mother's Search"? I have someone from a media outlet looking for stories with old video footage.

TIA!

Does anyone happen to have a link or the video file for the December 2, 2013 20/20 story "A Mother's Search"? I have someone from a media outlet looking for stories with old video footage.

TIA!
I have it saved, I'll go grab it.

Here's the main link. This is a site that tells you when it is on again. If you sign in (use any name and password) they wil email you when it is showing on TV in your area.
http://www.locatetv.com/tv/20-20-on-id/8377048

It shows fairly often, I get emails about every 2 months on it being shown again.

I hope he's at peace now, wherever he is.

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

View attachment 90356

View attachment 90355

View attachment 90357

Thank you Sasquatch321 for making this thread it is very moving indeed. It is great to learn more about Jacob as a person hopefully more posts will be made with further information about him. Thank you to all of you for your dedication to Jacob's case.

^^ Never heard that song before but it's really good.
I like it a lot, too. It's inspirational, and an appropriate tribute to this lost child, who by all accounts was affable and kind-hearted. Also appropriate is that the song is from an album called Teaching Peace.

"Jacob was fun, he was smart, he loved sports..he could do a play by play better than the sports caster," Patty recalled. "He hated when things weren't fair. I think that's telling because you can't get more unfair than this. He stood up for his friends. He was a good friend and he had a great sense of humor."

"On April 1, every year, he'd put a rubber band around the hose in the kitchen sink, so every time I turned it on, I'd get sprayed in the face," she added, laughing. "He was fun and those are the things we share and remember on his birthday."

Since Jacob was abducted, Patty, who's co-founder of Team H.O.P.E. and chair member of the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children, has refused to give up on the search for her son.

http://abcnews.go.com/Lifestyle/mom-pens-powerful-birthday-letter-son-missing-26/story?id=37054532

I started wondering around on google this afternoon and found an interesting blog by someone in the area who has talked to both dan and Kevin. If you google joy the curious you should be able to find it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is very intriguing. What law enforcement did not do. Not what they did, but what they did not do.

Quote from article.

Once I was done with [the Archdiocese story], I took a look at this, and decided it was worth looking into. The more I found out, it was clear this was worth spending a significant amount of time on. It's important to hold law enforcement accountable when they can't solve a case. It's important to understand why a case hasn't been solved, whether there were things that could've been done differently.

As an investigative reporter, my interest is in looking at decisions made by people in powerful institutions and examing them... and holding them accountable for what they did do -- and certainly, they did do a lot in this case -- but also, what they didn't do.

Once again, this is of very great concern to me. The SITUATION, These people on the registries commit sex crimes and impact theur victims forever, As we see with the StJoe area, there were tons of viable suspects. As we see with the reports about the priests, the victims suffered and they are still suffering as adults.

Quote from article:
Baran: The Wetterling case led directly to a federal law. It's actually even named after Jacob, the Jacob Wetterling Act. That law was passed in 1994, as part of the federal crime bill. It requires all states to mantain a registry of sex offenders. So, that moment in time can be traced back to this case in Minnesota. That decision, when you look at where we're at with that in this country -- there are hundreds of thousands of people on registries. Not just from the Jacob Wetterling Act, but the momentum to do something about sex offenders continued to build. And we ended up with the situation we have now, with hundreds of thousands of people on registries.

While the tone of the first portion of this podcast series has the Wetterling family and other individuals involved in the search for Jacob concerned, we are all still hopeful it sheds light on Jacob’s open and active case and the prevention work being done in his name. We continue to remain thankful for all of the law enforcement officers who have put their hearts into this case for almost 27 years. We are also thankful for the Wetterling family who show us by example all that can be accomplished when we work together on behalf of children. And finally, we want to thank everyone who continues to ask the question: “Where is Jacob?”

http://www.apmreports.org/story/2016/08/29/in-the-dark-0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member