Bosma Murder Trial 03.10.16 - Day 23

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sillybilly

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
This is the Bosma murder trial daily discussion thread. The trial daily discussion thread is for discussion of trial evidence/testimony only, not for general discussion, posts about past threads, other members, etc. Off-topic posts will be removed.

Note: Only testimony that is published through MSM reporting (articles and tweets) is allowed. Keep discussion focused on testimony as it becomes public knowledge and remember to link up to MSM reporting of same.

Any testimony that might remain under Publication Ban, and any courtroom discussion that takes place when the jury is not present, is strictly off-limits. Posts that violate a Publication Ban, or discussion when the jury is absent, will be removed.

At all times, keep in mind Websleuths TOS, so affectionately referred to as The Rules.

There will be ZERO TOLERANCE for snarky or disrespectful posts and/or subtle digs at other members. Mods will not be PMing you with explanations, you will find your post has disappeared, or that you can no longer post.

There is to be NO name calling or name variations, not even of the accused.

There is to be no BICKERING between members. A difference of opinion is NOT a TOS violation. Some will think one or both of the accused are guilty, some will think one or both are not guilty, and some will be on the fence. All of that is okay and should NOT BE ATTACKED. If you disagree, that's fine, move past the post. If a post is offensive, alert it and let the Mods review it. If you respond to the post, both the offensive post AND yours will be removed and may result in other consequences.

Other reminders for reference as we have respectful discussion in each of the daily trial discussion threads:

Abuse of the WS Alert feature can have consequences including timeout or worse. Such abuse includes, but is not limited to:

• Overuse of the alert system

• Repeatedly alerting on the same poster

• Demanding a specific outcome

• Alerting on the same post more than once

Once you have alerted on a post, please move on without discussing it, and don't question the decisions of our Administrators, Moderators or Owners, and don't expect personalized responses with explanations about a particular decision.

The principle of “innocent until proven guilty” is for the court room … it is not required that Websleuths members adhere to that principle. Members are allowed to discuss, speculate, theorize, and judge according to opinions they develop from following the specifics of the case.

If you have any questions, PM a Mod and we will be happy to assist you. The main Mods/Admin for this trial will be Bessie, Coldpizza, and sillybilly.

:tyou:

**If you would like to post tweets while court is in session, please read this thread first:
[h=1]Bosma Murder Trial Twitter Roll Call[/h]
Reporters to follow on Twitter:

Jacques Gallant, Toronto Star
Adam Carter, CBC Hamilton - ArianeEmory
Mark Carcasole, Global Toronto - Matou
Molly Hayes, The Hamilton Spectator
Peter Ackman, CTV National News
Nicole Martin, CHCH TV
Susan Clairmont, The Hamilton Spectator
Shannon Martin, CBC Toronto News

Also, check this site for real time updates.

http://www.cbc.ca/hamilton/news/

ifZ830f.jpg

link:rose:

Tim Bosma trial: Dellen Millard's uncle testifies Thursday
CBC News Posted: Mar 10, 2016

tim-bosma.jpg

Jurors are expected to hear testimony Thursday from Robert Burns, the uncle of Dellen Millard, one of the two men accused of murdering Hamilton's Tim Bosma.

Burns will follow testimony delivered Wednesday by forensic video analyst Michael Plaxton. Plaxton testified that a flame shooting out from a trailer illuminated the outside of the MillardAir hangar just hours after Bosma disappeared.

Follow our live coverage from the Hamilton courthouse starting at 10 a.m. ET

CBC Live Blog

Live Blog Mobile

The Star Live Blog

So interested to hear what the Uncle has to say.... Wondering if he will be hostile witness or glad to be testifying against his spoiled nephew.

Adam Carter
Mar 10 2016 9:09 AM
Back at the courthouse this morning. Follow along for updates.

Adam Carter
Mar 10 2016 9:47 AM
Very full in here today. Appears to be another school class here observing.

Thank you in advance to the caring people posting the trial information. You are genuinely appreciated for giving of your time to do this!

There was a strange action around 5:55am when Tim's truck was back out side the hanger and backed up to the west side. I bet that is where the pressure washer was used outside the hanger, as shortly after that it was returned inside the hanger. It made no sense otherwise to bring it out for a few minutes only to return it inside. JMO

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 47s48 seconds ago
Court back in session. No jury yet though. #Bosma

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 37s38 seconds ago
#Bosma court overflowing with people again this morning. No jury yet. Starting with legal arguments @CHCHNews

Shannon Martin ‏@ShannonMartinTV 24s25 seconds ago Toronto, Ontario
RECAP: VIDEO shown of flames at MillardAir hangar hours after Tim Bosma disappeared http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamil...r-hours-after-tim-bosma-disappeared-1.3483358 … @CBCHamilton #Bosma #Millard

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 23s24 seconds ago
Back in the courtroom at the Tim #Bosma murder trial. Hearing legal arguments in the absence of the jury.

Adam Carter
Mar 10 2016 10:02 AM
Court now in session. Just waiting on the jury.

Mar 10 2016 10:04 AM
Some legal arguments happening right now.

Mar 10 2016 10:05 AM
I can't talk about what's being said until the jury is in the room.

My daughter is trying to get her law class teacher to let the class attend for a day but its not in the plan.

My daughter is trying to get her law class teacher to let the class attend for a day but its not in plan.

Too bad. I would think most would jump at the chance. I would have loved if when I took Law, we were able to see a trial live in action but nothing was happening at the time. Mock just isn't the same.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 47s47 seconds ago
Lots of people here today. Many were sent to watch from the overflow room upstairs. #Bosma

Shannon Martin ‏@ShannonMartinTV 3m3 minutes ago Toronto, Ontario
We are in the courtroom this morning, but the jury is NOT yet. We can't report what the jury doesn't hear. #Bosma

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 28s28 seconds ago
Waiting for morning legal arguments to end before the jury at the #TimBosma murder trial will be called in for the first witness.

Question - it seemed that when the two vehicles were on video at the Bobcat place, there were "lights" show outside the vehicles, while the vehicles were turned off... I believe it was said they through it was cigarettes or something.
I wonder if a few LE went there and looked for butts and can tie it to MS though DNA.

Morning all (although it's 3.30pm in the afternoon here).

I am an avid follower of this case from the UK and just want to say a huge thank you to all of you who post tweets here and keep us updated. I don't post much but I do read and follow this thread and I so admire everything you do. I just wanted to let you know how much your updates are appreciated.

Adam Carter
Mar 10 2016 10:34 AM
The jury is being recalled. Underway in moments.

The next witness is John Alma.
by Adam Carter 10:35 AM

Alma spoke with police in May of 2013 at GA Masonry.
by Adam Carter 10:36 AM

He's a "semi-retired supervisor" at GA Masonry.
by Adam Carter 10:37 AM

He was there on May 9. He was there as his wife cleans the office and he goes with her to keep her company.
by Adam Carter 10:38 AM

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 5m5 minutes ago
Jury is in the courtroom.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 5m5 minutes ago
Jury is back. #Bosma

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 4m4 minutes ago
The jury Odin #Bosma #TimBosma

Shannon Martin ‏@ShannonMartinTV 4m4 minutes ago Toronto, Ontario
And the jury is with us. Here we go #Bosma

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 4m4 minutes ago
The crowns next witness is John Alma from GA masonry in Kitchener

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 3m3 minutes ago
Crown Craig Fraser calling John Alma.

John Alma is first on the stand today. An older gentleman in a black suit jacket. #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 3m3 minutes ago
Next witness: John Alma. #Bosma

John Alma gave police a statement in May, 2013. He's connected to GA Masonary, a business near Millard Air. #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 3m3 minutes ago
Alma spoke to police at GA Masonry back in May 2013. He was a semi-retired supervisor there. #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 2m2 minutes ago
Alma gave police statement in May 2013. He was semi-retired supervisor at GA Masonry, the business next to Millardair. #Bosma

At the time he was a semi retired supervisor at GA Masonary. Still is. Going on 48 years with the company. #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 2m2 minutes ago
GA Masonry is the biz adjacent to Millardair hangar. It was footage from GA's cameras the jury saw yesterday (of movement at hangar) #Bosma

Shannon Martin ‏@ShannonMartinTV 2m2 minutes ago Toronto, Ontario
His wife cleans the offices at night. He goes there at night to visit her. For the last 35 years. #Bosma

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member