Status
Not open for further replies.

bessie

Verified Insider
Reaction score
Cheryl DeBoer
635906256609049403-deboer.jpg

Police ask help in finding missing Mountlake Terrace woman
Mountlake Terrace - Mountlake Terrace police are asking for the public's help in locating a missing woman.
Cheryl DeBoer, 54, was supposed to meet a friend at the Mountlake Terrace Park and Ride lot and carpool to work Monday morning. She texted her friend around 7 a.m. saying that she would catch a bus instead; she has not been seen or heard from since. Her vehicle was located parked in the 23400 block of 58th Avenue SW in Mountlake Terrace.
http://www.king5.com/story/news/loc...ing-missing-mountlake-terrace-woman/80068942/

Body found in Mountlake Terrace identified as missing woman
http://www.king5.com/story/news/loc...police-rule-womans-death-suspicious/80417266/
The Snohomish County Medical Examiner on Tuesday announced that they have identified a body found in Mountlake Terrace as 53-year-old Cheryl DeBoer. The cause and manner of death are pending further investigation, the ME's office said. Mountlake Terrace Police had said there is no reason to believe the public is in danger following the discovery of the body.

Medical examiner: Body found is missing Mountlake Terrace woman
http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle...e-police-return-to-site-where-body-was-found/
The family remains cooperative with the investigation, he said, adding DeBoer’s husband took a polygraph test late last week and police have eliminated him as a person of interest.

Celebrating Cheryl DeBoer

Verified Insiders:
Stryker57
Lavaland

Thread #1 Thread #2 Thread #3

Thread 5!
5 weeks!
5 theories? Perhaps more?

I hope we get some news "soon"...
http://mltnews.com/one-month-after-cheryl-deboers-body-was-found-still-not-many-answers/
The inclusion of quote marks around the word "soon" in this article makes it sound like the journalist is just as frustrated as the rest of us...

Just marking my place and will try to wait it out...

(...if you are still out there Stryker, I really hope you and your family get some answers "real, real soon"...)

Hoping for more news soon and answers for all those concerned.

Thread 5!
5 weeks!
5 theories? Perhaps more?

I hope we get some news "soon"...
http://mltnews.com/one-month-after-cheryl-deboers-body-was-found-still-not-many-answers/
The inclusion of quote marks around the word "soon" in this article makes it sound like the journalist is just as frustrated as the rest of us...

Just e marking my place and will try to wait it out...

(...if you are still out there Stryker, I really hope you and your family get some answers "real, real soon"...)

I am very frustrated as many in the area! I have spent my whole life in MTLK.Terr and I understand needing to be patient however... I have a daughter who works a block from where Cheryls car was found and she is now walking to her car with a taser in her hand! Our city should not live in fear! I get not screwing up a case but as a parent and resident of this community I feel we should have a little more information on what is going on. Also I do understand using our commen sence.

Thanks for letting me vent!

I'm still wondering which side of the road was Cheryl's car found, on the park side or across the street.

I'm still wondering which side of the road was Cheryl's car found, on the park side or across the street.

On the east side, across the street from the park heading north.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I still maintain that there are more visual injuries to Cheryl's body than the cuts on her fingers.

I still maintain that there are more visual injuries to Cheryl's body than the cuts on her fingers.

I fully agree.

I was reading a research article that mentioned that strangulation was the most common method of a certain type of homicide. I would imagine that it would be difficult to see bruises around the neck, and say definitively, that it was strangulation especially if the time of death was a week or more prior.

so sidenote, but i do believe anxiety is a mental illness, even if for only a time period. any mental illness can be episodal or due to events. including anxiety.

re: to treelights
wow so not only did police misspeak when it came to riding the bus, but also when it came to the trail? were these things you quoted before or after the family press conference? hopefully it was just media being wrong the second time and the police were right about the gravel path...
i dont even know what to think. :/

I know LE can't tell the public everything, but it seems they're going out of their way to make sure to let us know nothing at all. Why?

After the report of the woman possibly being kidnapped near the MLT Albertsons (no new info but could be a domestic situation), my first feeling was real gut deep fear. Not wanting to even leave the house alone. Thinking the 2 could have been connected, just as when Amy Kennelly first went missing, has people worried about a possible serial killer every time. It turned out not to be connected, but if the police know more & can ease the public's mind - or warn us - without compromising the investigation, I don't understand the absolute silence while everyone is on edge.

Stryker57, if you are still around, continued thoughts & prayers to your family for answers & justice. The wait and lack of info must make an already agonizing situation that much harder.

On the east side, across the street from the park heading north.

That answers one minor question in my mind. I had wondered if she had preemptively checked to see if she had all her stuff, realized she didn't, then made a U-ie on 58th and pulled to the side to text her friend, but the fact that she was parked on the east side makes it more probable that she parked first, then discovered she had no badge.

Thanks for the pictures yesterday of the P & R garage and area. That place is huge!

It makes one stop to ask themselves with SO many people around, how did a perp get the chance to grab a person undetected? Do we actually walk or drive around that blindly? Now that is a scary thought! Almost unbelievable that it did happen during the morning rush hour.

I start each morning coming here to see if there are answers.
I hope there will be soon
Thinking of the DeBoer family

I start each morning coming here to see if there are answers.
I hope there will be soon
Thinking of the DeBoer family

Me too, Dushi. I've been glued to this thread for over a month now. Much like the Teresa Sievers thread....I am obsessed with CD's perp being caught.

When I worked for the government we had strict rules and i.d. and badges. However there were times some employees forgot their badges - whether they were in a hurry to drop their children off at the daycare - or maybe lost the badges. We could sign a sheet to use a temporary badge for that day. I still don't understand why a person would have to go home to get their badge. Especially someone like Cheryl who had worked there for so long.

Would Stryker know whether there were times that Cheryl forgot her badge or lost it at home and they all looked for it when she returned from work so she would have it for the next day? Were there times that she signed in without a badge?

My question is: does any family member remember looking for her badge at night because she hadn't had it for that morning but needed it for the next day?

so sidenote, but i do believe anxiety is a mental illness, even if for only a time period. any mental illness can be episodal or due to events. including anxiety.

re: to treelights
wow so not only did police misspeak when it came to riding the bus, but also when it came to the trail? were these things you quoted before or after the family press conference? hopefully it was just media being wrong the second time and the police were right about the gravel path...
i dont even know what to think. :/

Good morning!
After the family press conference.

IMOO.

Regarding the self inflicted cuts to her fingers. It's been running through my mind that if she was pushed into a trunk of another vehicle from the scene, that perhaps the finger injuries are due to her trying to get out or something of that nature. I know it was said earlier that self inflicted doesn't have to mean she did it on purpose. JMO

When I worked for the government we had strict rules and i.d. and badges. However there were times some employees forgot their badges - whether they were in a hurry to drop their children off at the daycare - or maybe lost the badges. We could sign a sheet to use a temporary badge for that day. I still don't understand why a person would have to go home to get their badge. Especially someone like Cheryl who had worked there for so long.

Would Stryker know whether there were times that Cheryl forgot her badge or lost it at home and they all looked for it when she returned from work so she would have it for the next day? Were there times that she signed in without a badge?

My question is: does any family member remember looking for her badge at night because she hadn't had it for that morning but needed it for the next day?

I thought the same thing about a badge. I've never worked anywhere where I've needed one, but I have visited buildings that require them and it's not really that difficult to get that temporary access.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amberraff