Woman found handcuffed in woods in Brookville, NY

Momoffourboys

Reaction score
A woman with a bag over her head and her hands cuffed was found semiconscious Thursday in the woods in Old Brookville, but it turned out to be a suicide attempt, Nassau police said.

She was discovered when security guards at the LIU Post campus in Brookville were summoned about 4:15 p.m. to adjacent woods after someone heard a woman “screaming for help,” Nassau Det. Lt. Richard LeBrun, a department spokesman, said at the scene Thursday night.

A police helicopter, detectives and Old Brookville police raced to the woods.

The woman, 27, had been found lying on her left side with her hands cuffed behind her back, LeBrun said. A black bag was affixed around her head by white tape, he said.

She had no injuries, and later at the hospital, she told police that “she did try to take her own life,” LeBrun said.

“The preliminary investigation does support that conclusion, that this was an apparent suicide attempt,” the spokesman said.

More...
http://www.newsday.com/long-island/...ookville-woods-cops-say-1.11588154?pts=873413

I don't want to be an *******, but it's actually pretty easy to handcuff yourself behind your back. *Assuming the handcuffs aren't the solid bar type, then IDK*.

Didn't The Life of David Gale (Kevin Spacey movie) kill himself the exact same way?

I don't want to be an *******, but it's actually pretty easy to handcuff yourself behind your back. *Assuming the handcuffs aren't the solid bar type, then IDK*.

Didn't The Life of David Gale (Kevin Spacey movie) kill himself the exact same way?

You're not being an *******.
I honestly have no clue.

You're not being an *******.
I honestly have no clue.

And I misspoke! David Gale goes to death row, when the female *victim* is eventually revealed on film to have committed suicide via plastic bag, duct tape, and handcuffs.

I trust LE will find the truth, and I'm so sad for this young woman - whether she or another caused her death, it was far too soon :(

I had totally forgot about that move! You're exactly right....I think it was his girlfriend (IIRC) who committed suicide that way....swallowed the key first so she had no chance of living. What a way to go.....shudder

And I misspoke! David Gale goes to death row, when the female *victim* is eventually revealed on film to have committed suicide via plastic bag, duct tape, and handcuffs.

I trust LE will find the truth, and I'm so sad for this young woman - whether she or another caused her death, it was far too soon :(

From the opening post, it looks like she's okay; she didn't die.

She had no injuries, and later at the hospital, she told police that “she did try to take her own life,” LeBrun said.

I'm glad someone was around to hear her cries for help.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back