Bosma Murder Trial 03.22.16 - Day 25

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sillybilly

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
This is the Bosma murder trial daily discussion thread. The trial daily discussion thread is for discussion of trial evidence/testimony only, not for general discussion, posts about past threads, other members, etc. Off-topic posts will be removed.

Note: Only testimony that is published through MSM reporting (articles and tweets) is allowed. Keep discussion focused on testimony as it becomes public knowledge and remember to link up to MSM reporting of same.

Any testimony that might remain under Publication Ban, and any courtroom discussion that takes place when the jury is not present, is strictly off-limits. Posts that violate a Publication Ban, or discussion when the jury is absent, will be removed.

At all times, keep in mind Websleuths TOS, so affectionately referred to as The Rules.

There will be ZERO TOLERANCE for snarky or disrespectful posts and/or subtle digs at other members. Mods will not be PMing you with explanations, you will find your post has disappeared, or that you can no longer post.

There is to be NO name calling or name variations, not even of the accused.

There is to be no BICKERING between members. A difference of opinion is NOT a TOS violation. Some will think one or both of the accused are guilty, some will think one or both are not guilty, and some will be on the fence. All of that is okay and should NOT BE ATTACKED. If you disagree, that's fine, move past the post. If a post is offensive, alert it and let the Mods review it. If you respond to the post, both the offensive post AND yours will be removed and may result in other consequences.

Other reminders for reference as we have respectful discussion in each of the daily trial discussion threads:

Abuse of the WS Alert feature can have consequences including timeout or worse. Such abuse includes, but is not limited to:

• Overuse of the alert system

• Repeatedly alerting on the same poster

• Demanding a specific outcome

• Alerting on the same post more than once

Once you have alerted on a post, please move on without discussing it, and don't question the decisions of our Administrators, Moderators or Owners, and don't expect personalized responses with explanations about a particular decision.

The principle of “innocent until proven guilty” is for the court room … it is not required that Websleuths members adhere to that principle. Members are allowed to discuss, speculate, theorize, and judge according to opinions they develop from following the specifics of the case.

If you have any questions, PM a Mod and we will be happy to assist you. The main Mods/Admin for this trial will be Bessie, Coldpizza, and sillybilly.

:tyou:

**If you would like to post tweets while court is in session, please read this thread first:
[h=1]Bosma Murder Trial Twitter Roll Call[/h]
Reporters to follow on Twitter:

Jacques Gallant, Toronto Star
Adam Carter, CBC Hamilton - ArianeEmory
Mark Carcasole, Global Toronto - Matou
Molly Hayes, The Hamilton Spectator
Peter Ackman, CTV National News
Nicole Martin, CHCH TV
Susan Clairmont, The Hamilton Spectator
Shannon Martin, CBC Toronto News

Also, check this site for real time updates.

http://www.cbc.ca/hamilton/news/

ifZ830f.jpg

link:rose:

Tim Bosma trial continues Tuesday
CBC News Posted: Mar 22, 2016

CeFltPjWAAA_jjX.jpg

The Tim Bosma trial continues after jurors read texts Monday sent from Dellen Millard, who has pleaded not guilty to first-degree murder, and one of his former employees, Shane Schlatman.

The jury heard that days after Bosma disappeared, Millard was texting one of his employees about the missing man and his truck — which was seen in the MillardAir hangar.

Follow our live coverage starting at 10 a.m.

CBC Live Blog

Live Blog Mobile

Back at the courthouse today for the Bosma trial. Shane Schlatman, who testified yesterday, will not finish his testimony today because of legal arguments. He will continue at a later date.
by Adam Carter 9:04 AM

Justice Goodman is in the room now, and court is in session. Just waiting on the jury.
by Adam Carter 10:01 AM

We're into some legal arguments now. No jury yet.
by Adam Carter 10:10 AM

Shannon Martin ‏@ShannonMartinTV 7m7 minutes ago Toronto, Ontario
In court this morning as #Bosma trial resumes for another day

Shannon Martin ‏@ShannonMartinTV 7m7 minutes ago Toronto, Ontario
Millard wears a new shirt. Usually it's a white-collared dress shirt. Today it's plaid. Smich wears the same baggy button cardigan #Bosma

Susan ClairmontVerified account ‏@susanclairmont 4m4 minutes ago
Justice Andrew Goodman is dealing with legal issues in absence of the jury right now at the Tim #Bosma murder trial.

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 5m5 minutes ago
#Bosma courtroom continues to fill to capacity, almost 2 months into the trial. Legal args before jury this morn. Full story 6pm @CHCHNews

https://s3.amazonaws.com/files.scribblelive.com/2016/3/22/1959663_13669685e6778aa2-4eea-41ee-bd96-f9003ceb2496.pdf?wmode=opaque#viewer.action=download
A few people have asked me for the full text message logs between Millard and Schlatman from yesterday. Here they are.
by Adam Carter 9:53 AM

I hope that link works, it is a PDF file

So SS did go to the shop on the Tuesday (8th) to drop off the power washer. He had 2 days off work (Monday and Tuesday) and was told to come in Wednesday. So he would have seen the truck Tuesday when he dropped the power washer off. Or am I reading texts wrong?

So SS did go to the shop on the Tuesday (8th) to drop off the power washer. He had 2 days off work (Monday and Tuesday) and was told to come in Wednesday. So he would have seen the truck Tuesday when he dropped the power washer off. Or am I reading texts wrong?

I think you are misreading..he was at the shop Monday and was told to leave keys for Andrew for the corolla.
Told not to come in Tuesday
Went in Wednesday and brought the power washer then.

It's confusing because it appears that either SS or the reporters were getting dates wrong yesterday but Monday was the 6th and he did go to work that day but DM did not. DM asked him later in the evening about leaving the keys for his friends Corolla and also about the codes to get into the hangar. This was before he met with TB. Tuesday was the 7th and he did not go to work that day after receiving the text at 5:55am about not one goes to work today due to "airport politics". He and his wife went for lunch and got new cell phones in Hamilton. Wednesday was the 8th and DM sent a text at 5:42am asking him where the power washer was. It was in his van. So he took it in to work that day and left it in the hangar. He and AJ both worked that day and DM was there as well. It was the first day they saw the truck. SH also came in to meet with DM that day and he also saw the truck.

HTH

It's confusing because it appears that either SS or the reporters were getting dates wrong yesterday but Monday was the 6th and he did go to work that day but DM did not. DM asked him later in the evening about leaving the keys for his friends Corolla and also about the codes to get into the hangar. This was before he met with TB. Tuesday was the 7th and he did not go to work that day after receiving the text at 5:55am about not one goes to work today due to "airport politics". He and his wife went for lunch and got new cell phones in Hamilton. Wednesday was the 8th and DM sent a text at 5:42am asking him where the power washer was. It was in his van. So he took it in to work that day and left it in the hangar. He and AJ both worked that day and DM was there as well. It was the first day they saw the truck. SH also came in to meet with DM that day and he also saw the truck.

HTH
Just to clarify this, SS was asking DM about the codes to the hanger, he locked his keys inside. Not sure it matters though :)

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

So, the text exchange we heard about yesterday came from DM's phone, not SS. It fills in a few blanks when you can actually read them yourself, not just get snippets.

Yes..it appears that LE got the messages from DM's phone. These would have been on SS's old phone.

MOO

I think you are misreading..he was at the shop Monday and was told to leave keys for Andrew for the corolla.
Told not to come in Tuesday
Went in Wednesday and brought the power washer then.

That doesn't sound right. Test drive was on the 6th (Sunday night) corolla keys an pick up was Sunday the 6th (according to text dates) so the 8th was Tuesday for power washer drop off. DM told SS to make sure shop door was close when he left.

ETA: Ok so test drive was a Monday and not a Sunday?

Just to clarify this, SS was asking DM about the codes to the hanger, he locked his keys inside. Not sure it matters though :)

Yeah...it looks like it was all for naught though because eventually DM realized he had a remote control in the Yukon so he could get access with that on one of the larger garage type doors I suppose? SS probably never went back to do anything with the codes.

MOO

That doesn't sound right. Test drive was on the 6th (Sunday night) corolla keys an pick up was Sunday the 6th (according to text dates) so the 8th was Tuesday for power washer drop off. DM told SS to make sure shop door was close when he left.
Test drive was on Monday the 6th. So was the day DM asked SS to leave the keys for AM.

Yeah...it looks like it was all for naught though because eventually DM realized he had a remote control in the Yukon so he could get access with that on one of the larger garage type doors I suppose? SS probably never went back to do anything with the codes.

MOO
It was SS who realized after that he had a remote for the door opener and got in himself.

Now taking a short break. Back at 11 a.m.
by Adam Carter 10:41 AM

Guess I'll go make another coffee...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members