Scott Tadych/Bobby Dassey

ksterling3408

Reaction score
Just curious to see who had any thoughts about the fact that Scott Tadych and Bobby Dassey were each other's alibi...

I do not read too much into it. They passed each other on the road and why wouldn't they wave at each other? Another Red Herring I think. There is absolutely no evidence that they were involved in the disappearance of TH.

I think I've read they went hunting together, anyone know if this was the case?

If so why would they pass each other?

SgtScraps - They both testified they went hunting separately on the 31st October and passed each other as they were going in opposite directions.

They didn't go together... they just happened to both go hunting at the same time, in opposite directions, and for about 1-2 hours. IIRC from the testimony or statements, Bobby was back home by 5ish, and Scott was picking up Barb around 5:30.... they passed each other around 3:00 or 3:10, something like that.

They didn't go hunting together, I just remember both of them saying they "were going hunting." And then passed each other a little after 3pm and waved. I guess I'm just curious as to how in depth LE went as far as checking their alibis. I know a solid alibi is a key in getting one off the list of potential suspects, persons of interests, etc. Just the fact that they alibied each other made me curious and I wonder what LE thought about it. Most LE are pretty strict as to what constitutes a "solid" alibi.

BoD went hunting with his mate and the brothers of his mate who I believe had the surname Edmonson.

Edmonson was the guy who jokingly asked SA if he had the body hidden somewhere.

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

Did BoD go hunting on ST's property? ST saw BoD as he pulled out of his driveway and BoD was pulling in.

From BoD's testimony, he was hunting alone that day.

The "hiding a body" incident happened days later, on the Friday I think when they were in Barb's garage hanging the deer that BoD claimed after Barb saw it on the road.

BoD said in his testimony that he "passed him on the highway" (meaning Scott) and his hunting area was only 2 miles away from the Avery lot.

If anyone is interested.... BoD testified on Day 3 and Day 4

<sbm>... I guess I'm just curious as to how in depth LE went as far as checking their alibis. I know a solid alibi is a key in getting one off the list of potential suspects, persons of interests, etc. ....,<sbm>

Both provided such confusing, conflicting, and contradictory testimony to their own respective sworn statements to LE that the factual evidentiary credibility of their final court testimony is about nil. The Defense's theory of the crime endeavored to get that across to the jury but failed. The Court contributed to that failure by denying the Defense to admit damaging third-party evidence, arguing that none of the proposed suspects met the Denny third-party liability "smell test".

They didn't go hunting together, I just remember both of them saying they "were going hunting." And then passed each other a little after 3pm and waved. I guess I'm just curious as to how in depth LE went as far as checking their alibis. I know a solid alibi is a key in getting one off the list of potential suspects, persons of interests, etc. Just the fact that they alibied each other made me curious and I wonder what LE thought about it. Most LE are pretty strict as to what constitutes a "solid" alibi.

If you have ever gone hunting then you know that there is no one around to back up your alibi. You are literally out in the woods by yourself--you'll be lucky if you see another hunter. I think that is why neither were checked into any further.

Most people up there still stock their freezers for the winter by hunting. It is not uncommon for someone to take off after work for a few hours to try to get a deer for the winter. I actually have a friend who takes his 11 year old daughter out hunting.

That time of year before the 3rd week of November (when deer season starts) is usually small game and bird hunting. Here is the 2015 WI Hunting Schedule if anyone is interested.

http://www.wisconsinoutdoor.com/outcal.htm

From BoD's testimony, he was hunting alone that day.

The "hiding a body" incident happened days later, on the Friday I think when they were in Barb's garage hanging the deer that BoD claimed after Barb saw it on the road.

BoD said in his testimony that he "passed him on the highway" (meaning Scott) and his hunting area was only 2 miles away from the Avery lot.

If anyone is interested.... BoD testified on Day 3 and Day 4

I think Hippiemomof5 of 5 is right Missy--I don't remember where I read it--but BoD was hunting somewhere around ST's house (IIRC, I think it was in back of ST's house somewhere). I'll have to look and see where I read that.

I think Hippiemomof5 of 5 is right Missy--I don't remember where I read it--but BoD was hunting somewhere around ST's house (IIRC, I think it was in back of ST's house somewhere). I'll have to look and see where I read that.

I do think he went hunting near Scott's (It may be in one of Scott's many statements lol).... but they passed each other on the highway according to Bobby.

I do think he went hunting near Scott's (It may be in one of Scott's many statements lol).... but they passed each other on the highway according to Bobby.

Yes, I agree you are correct! Sorry, if I didn't mention it--but--everything you said in your post was accurate! :)

Hippiemomof5...that was sort of the question I was getting at...where DID they "go hunting"? I have checked to see if they ever gave destinations to LE...I just can't find where either of them stated they went hunting and then actually gave a destination and offered an alibi for arriving at said place. It has made me wonder about how strict LE was about checking out these "alibis". Usually, a solid alibi has to be exactly that...solid.

clip from ST's statement Nov 10
ST statement Nov 10.PNG

clip from ST's statement Nov 29th
ST statement Nov 29.PNG

His March 2006 statement doesn't mention hunting at all.

Thank you for finding that! I'm not sure that's what I'd read before but when I tried searching on my own, I came up with nothing.

I thought ST spent the day visiting his mother at the hospital?

And both BoD and ST were deer hunting? I thought I just read deer hunting didn't start yet. In PA, I'm pretty certain deer hunting starts the Monday following Thanksgiving. If you're shooting now and arrow, I think it's earlier.

Thank you for finding that! I'm not sure that's what I'd read before but when I tried searching on my own, I came up with nothing.

I thought ST spent the day visiting his mother at the hospital?

And both BoD and ST were deer hunting? I thought I just read deer hunting didn't start yet. In PA, I'm pretty certain deer hunting starts the Monday following Thanksgiving. If you're shooting now and arrow, I think it's earlier.

I posted a link earlier, small game and birds start before deer season. Deer Season starts around the 2nd-3rd week of November in WI.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anniegirl401
Back