CA CA - Bobby Allen, 23, Adelanto, 15 Aug 1986

JerseyGirl

Forum Coordinator
Staff member
Forum Coordinators
Reaction score
Bobby Dale Allen was a 23-year-old sailor from Adelanto who was returning to his ship in San Diego on Aug. 15, 1986. Allen’s car was found that day parked at Lindbergh Field with the car key still in the ignition. He has never been heard from again.

The Navy treated him as an AWOL, but the family doesn’t believe that.

Navy treated him as an AWOL, but the family doesn’t believe that. They think he met with his demise or maybe is still out there.”

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com...ns-identify-medical-examiner/2/?#article-copy

2457356_sd_me_identify_missing_hl%20004%20_t1200x620.jpg

Bumping for Bobby

upload_2020-8-30_13-1-30.png

upload_2020-8-30_13-1-48.png

• Missing Since08/15/1986
  • Missing FromAdelanto, California
  • ClassificationEndangered Missing
  • SexMale
  • RaceAsian, Biracial, White
  • Date of Birth05/04/1963 (57)
  • Age23 years old
  • Height and Weight5'9 - 5'11, 150 - 170 pounds
  • Distinguishing CharacteristicsBiracial (Asian/Caucasian) male. Dark brown hair, brown eyes. Allen is of Japanese descent. He has a tattoo on his right bicep of a black cougar with red scratch marks; a photo of the tattoo is posted with this case summary. Allen wears contact lenses or eyeglasses. He has a scar by his right eyebrow.
Details of Disappearance
Allen was last seen in Adelanto, California on August 15, 1986. He was in the Navy, assigned to the U.S.S. William Bates, a nuclear submarine which was at the naval base in San Diego, California at the time.

Allen disappeared after leaving to go to the naval base. He never arrived and has never been heard from again. After his disappearance, his 1985 Ford Mustang was found in the 2200 block of north Harbor Boulevard Drive in San Diego, with the keys still inside it.

Few details are available in Allen's case. He was listed as Absent Without Leave (AWOL) from the Navy and when his family tried to file a missing persons report, the police refused to take it because of his AWOL status. Allen's family was finally able to report him missing in 2014. His case remains unsolved.
Investigating Agency
  • San Bernardino County Sheriff's Department 760-552-6800
Source Information

Updated 2 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated August 5, 2018; picture added.

Bobby Dale Allen – The Charley Project

http://www.missingveterans.com/1986/bobby-dale-allen/

I just came across this case for the first time today. I was stationed in San Diego. That road would have been en route back to his base except nearer to the Embarcadero. Although, I've also read that they found the car at the airport. The locations are very close but not exactly identical. I really really wish there was more information to consider.

It would be interesting if there was a timeline. If he met foul play, it would have been once he arrived to San Diego. May be he was being bullied or someone wanted his position and that person did something to Bobby. There has to be more information out there.

Definitely a headscratcher. I can't think what could have happened to him. Whether it was something personal or random?

I wonder if he had second thoughts about the Navy and felt trapped?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pandamom76
Back