GUILTY TX - Ricky Cole for child *advertiser censored*, Lubbock, 2005

mysteriew

A diamond in process
Reaction score
Lubbock federal jury convicted a man Thursday of more than 100 counts of child *advertiser censored*.
It took a jury just three hours to find Ricky Lynn Cole, 49, guilty on 107 separate counts. The single father even tried to have his 21-year-old daughter cover for him.

Beginning in 2003, Cole was uploading child *advertiser censored* to the internet from his home in Amarillo. He then moved to Lubbock and the picture-sharing continued from his place of employment.

"He set up three different ID`s on Yahoo," says Steven M. Sucsy, Assistant U.S. Attorney. "He`d open up a new ID when one would get cancelled. He would post material to a group."

http://www.kamc28.tv/news/default.asp?mode=shownews&id=1110

What's going on in Lubbock? There's already another thread going about another freak trying to molest a little girl inside her school this past week. Gosh, I can't stand the local reporting . They don't even say just where this freak was getting the child *advertiser censored* that he continued to upload from his new home in Lubbock. Was he taking pics of kids here or just trading *advertiser censored* back and forth online? Then the guy says that the only safe computer is one that's never turned on. What's that supposed to mean? There's no kiddie *advertiser censored* on my computer from any family clicking or looking at any or going to any sort of website about the subject either.

It wasn't clear in the article, but I took it to mean that if you have downloaded *advertiser censored*, then your computer is not "safe" no matter how many times you may have used a "wiper" to clean up your hard drive.

He said the only safe computer is one that's turned off- he elaborated that they can track everything you do on the net.

Txsvicki,
Unfortunately, I don't think any of this craziness is secluded to Lubbock- it's a national epidemic.

jodieo said:
He said the only safe computer is one that's turned off- he elaborated that they can track everything you do on the net.

Txsvicki,
Unfortunately, I don't think any of this craziness is secluded to Lubbock- it's a national epidemic.

Epidemic is right. I've lived in Lubbock around 50 years and this is the first I've heard of some freak trying to get into a school to molest a child. I wonder if the two perverts may have known each other from the online group. The one freak wanted to take photographs and this other one uploading pics of kids.

2007 U.S. App. LEXIS 17982,*;241 Fed. Appx. 216

UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, Plaintiff-Appellee, versus RICKY LYNN COLE, Defendant-Appellant.

No. 06-10111 Summary Calendar

UNITED STATES COURT OF APPEALS FOR THE FIFTH CIRCUIT

241 Fed. Appx. 216; 2007 U.S. App. LEXIS 17982

July 27, 2007, Filed

DISPOSITION:

SENTENCE VACATED AND REMANDED FOR RESENTENCING

snip

Ricky Lynn Cole appeals the sentence imposed following his jury trial conviction on 107 counts of interstate transportation of child *advertiser censored*, distribution of child obscenity, transportation of obscene matter, and aiding and abetting. Cole argues, for the first time on appeal, that the district court violated the Double Jeopardy Clause and sentenced him in excess of the 20-year statutory maximum on Count 98 by sentencing him to two 240-month sentences on that count, one of which included 125 months to run consecutively to the other terms [*2] of imprisonment imposed. The Government concedes error and proposes that the judgment be reformed to reflect a single 240-month sentence on Count 98, 125 months to run consecutively to the sentences imposed on the remaining counts.

snip

The sentence includes two 240-month sentences on Count 98 but imposes a total 365-month sentence. Because the sentence is unclear and ambiguous, the sentence is vacated and the case is remanded for clarification of the sentence. See Patrick Petroleum Corp., 703 F.2d at 98.

Appeal at link:
http://www.lexisone.com/lx1/caselaw...=eQjf.cEga.UYGY.hcbT&searchFlag=y&l1loc=FCLOW

He still got 30 years.

Ricky Lynn Cole

Jury Trial - Guilty
Federal Custody
Sentence Date: 01/06/2006

Offenses - 107 counts:
Interstate Transportation of Child *advertiser censored*
Distribution of Child Obscenity
Transportation of Obscene Matter
Aiding & Abetting

Sentence: 30 years

Projected Release Date: 11/02/2031

Sooo...I'm guessing that 30yr. prison sentence will turn into about 5-7 years of actual prison time, where the pervert will get meaner and scheme more ways to victimize children without getting caught. He will then be declared to have been rehabilitated and be aplauded by liberals for having paid his debt to society. Children will always be abused because the pervert's rights are more important to lawmakers seeking their votes. :banghead:

I'm so tired of reading stories like this. I wish possessing child *advertiser censored* could be a death penalty crime. The childrens souls are murdered, while these nasty people enjoy it. And because too many people will pay high dollar for it, it only makes sure that more children will be harmed.

Did you know you can unknowingly possess and distribute it? Thanks to those file sharing programs, you can. (Of course I wouldn't advocate death penalty for that, lol)

I knew a college kid who was downloading a bunch of things on limewire a few years ago.
Songs, tv shows, favorite movies. Later, the feds come knocking on his door, take his computer and arrest him.

He had unknowingly downloaded a file that was very illegal... a home video of a two year old little girl being raped... and because the files were shared, a few other people had downloaded the files from his computer.

Eventually, the police saw he had never accessed the file on his computer. He never looked at it, and had no idea it was there. And these file sharing sites, like limewire, frostwire, and many many others have no way of knowing what are actually in these files. Except the pedo's share info and know his ones specifically to look for, and keep it all under the radar.

My husband used to use limewire a lot. After I heard about what happened, those file sharing programs are never allowed on a computer at my home. And its true... the only safe computer is one that is turned off.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back