GUILTY IN - Shaylyn Ammerman, 14 mos, Spencer, 23 March 2016 #3

tlcya

Old and Re-Tired Websleuth
Reaction score
2245ec075e246524ce84806b6c3b2e56.jpg

Shaylyn Ammerman, 14-months-old, was last seen at her father’s home on Jefferson Street in Spencer Tuesday night.

Shaylyn has dirty blonde hair and blue eyes, and she was last seen wearing a onesie.

http://fox59.com/2016/03/23/police-search-for-missing-one-year-old-girl-last-seen-in-spencer/

According to troopers, seven to 10 people labeled as persons of interests were questioned. The same group are scheduled to take polygraphs.

http://wishtv.com/2016/03/24/persons-of-interests-questioned-in-babys-disappearance/

SPENCER, Ind. - The body of Shaylyn Ammerman, a 1-year-old Spencer girl who was last seen sometime before 9 a.m. Wednesday, was found Thursday evening just northeast of Gosport, near the White River, police said.

http://www.indystar.com/story/news/crime/2016/03/24/body-missing-1-year-old-found/82238248/

ccording to the Owen County Coroner, her preliminary cause of death is asphyxiation and the manner of death is a homicide.

Indiana State Police Sgt. Curt Durnill said the body of a female infant matching the description of Shaylyn was found just after 6 p.m. in a remote area near the White River northeast of Gosport.

"Rural. Very rural. Right up against where the water would meet," Durnill said. "It appears that, where the river would flood, the body was found right in that area. It's a private access. It's on private property near Gosport."

Kyle Parker, 22, of Spencer, was taken into custody in connection with the case.

attachment.php

http://www.wibc.com/news/local-news/shaylyn-ammerman-died-asphyxiation

SPENCER, Ind. (March 25, 2016) -- A man arrested in connection with the death of 14-month-old Shaylyn Ammerman in Owen County is being held on multiple charges.

According to officials at the Owen County Jail, 22-year-old Kyle Parker faces two counts of obstruction of justice, a count of failure to report a dead body and a count of unlawful disposition of a dead body.

http://fox59.com/2016/03/25/man-hel...in-connection-with-death-of-shaylyn-ammerman/

"Let me be really frank here. Please don’t feel like because we’ve found a body and we’ve made an arrest that this case is anywhere near over. This case is just getting started with more interviews, with more investigative tactics with everything that we have at our disposal we will use to bring those who are responsible for this little girl’s death to justice," said ISP Sgt. Curt Durnil.

http://fox59.com/2016/03/24/body-of-missing-1-year-old-spencer-girl-found-suspect-arrested/

The affidavit charges Parker with rape, murder, child molestation, kidnapping, aggravated battery and a slew of other charges.

http://www.indystar.com/story/news/...arged-rape-murder-1-year-olds-death/82336526/

Interview with Tamera Morgan, Justin Ammerman and Adam Ammerman

Justin and Adam Ammerman interview

Thread #1
Thread #2

Heavy.com article that is allowed in the discussion due to it containing interviews by Heavy with mother, Jessica Stewart and paternal grandmother, Tamera (Tammy) Morgan. This is being allowed because it is the only means to access those direct quotes and comments made to Heavy by those two individuals.

Case Map courtesy of skibaboo

Admin Note

We have a fresh, new thread and let's start it off right - posting within Websleuths Rules and TOS.

We are a victim friendly forum. The ultimate victim here is precious Shaylyn. And until LE indicates otherwise, her surviving family are also considered victims. That includes her father, grandmother, uncles, step-parents and step-grandparents.

I totally understand the feelings about some of the actions and living conditions regarding the home environment. I understand the outrage about some of the statements given. HOWEVER, the FACT is, though at this time though LE has indicated the investigation is still open, they have only arrested and charged ONE person, Kyle Parker. Furthermore, Kyle Parker's step-father, Mike Patton, made the following statement:

Patton said Parker confirmed he’d acted alone in Shaylyn’s death and disappearance.
http://fox59.com/2016/03/28/man-charged-with-rape-murder-in-death-of-spencer-toddler-shaylyn-ammerman/

Again, until LE indicates otherwise, Shaylyn's family are to be considered victims. No more bashing of this family is going to be tolerated. We're not insisting you like them, agree with their morals, style of living, or anything else BUT we are saying that your posts need to be victim-friendly. No more circular arguments or imposing your own values as superior. People that appear to be unsavory can be victims as well. Please muster some compassion as none of us have any idea how this family is suffering. I'm sure they have their own regrets. For Websleuths purposes, they get the benefit of the doubt. If LE indicates otherwise, then we will advise of changes.

Instead, focus on the facts as we know them. The timeline, the maps, etc., per LE statements, facts posted in MSM articles. In short, SLEUTH more instead of posting in a judgemental fashion.

Time Outs will be issued for not respecting these parameters I've set forth.

Toddler Allegedly Raped, Killed By Family Friend Is Laid to Rest As He's Put On Suicide Watch

by Caitlin Nolan 1:35 PM EDT, March 31, 2016

Loved ones and community members still reeling from the loss of 15-month-old Shaylyn Ammerman came together to say goodbye to the toddler who was found brutally raped and murdered after vanishing from her father’s Indiana home last week.

Hundreds gathered at the Christian Life Center in Spencer on Wednesday to honor little girl, including dozens of law enforcement officers who paid their respects at a private viewing, according to reports.

“It helped with some of our closure,” Indiana State Police Sgt. Curt Durnil told PEOPLE. “It has been a tough one.” ...

http://www.insideedition.com/headli...y-family-friend-is-laid-to-rest-as-hes-put-on

Owen County Prosecutor Don VanDerMoere says he could make a decision on whether to pursue the death penalty in the Shaylyn Ammerman case within the next two months.
Assistant jail commander Marjie Ryan said it is standard practice to place inmates in solitary confinement and on suicide watch when they face charges "of this magnitude" and until they can be evaluated by medical professionals.
"Only about one in five death penalty cases that are filed actually result in a death sentence," Sites says. "The rest are usually resolved by plea agreement, most often with a sentence of life without parole."

http://www.wbiw.com/local/archive/2...to-decide-whether-to-pursue-death-penalty.php

Kyle's trial is scheduled for August but I'll be surprised if it actually happens that quickly. If they go for the death penalty it could drag on for a while.

One thing that's been on mind about Kyle is that he doesn't seem to fit the bill for such a heinous crime. We usually see a progression of events leading up to a murder and sexual assault of this magnitude. If not, we usually see a trigger event (more often with angry coworker type murders).

I expected other victims to come forward. I hope he is just atypical, and not that he has victimized others but they were too young to speak for themselves. :(

This is one of the very rare times I'd support the death penalty.

Eta, I agree that it seems strange to go from 'only' substance abuse related crimes to murder with no one/very few people knowing KP was off.

One thing that's been on mind about Kyle is that he doesn't seem to fit the bill for such a heinous crime. We usually see a progression of events leading up to a murder and sexual assault of this magnitude. If not, we usually see a trigger event (more often with angry coworker type murders).

I expected other victims to come forward. I hope he is just atypical, and not that he has victimized others but they were too young to speak for themselves. :(

If there are other victims, it's possible they're too little to know they are victims. It's also possible Shaylyn was his first victim and all the wicked just came out all at once with KP. Thankfully, if the justice system does it's job she will also be the LAST victim of his.

Along with the posts above about his history, I wonder if he has a history of psychological issues or if he has ever killed a small animal. I think that usually occurs with serial killers, not rapes per se, but the brutality of this crime makes me wonder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Rural. Very rural. Right up against where the water would meet," Durnill said. "It appears that, where the river would flood, the body was found right in that area. It's a private access. It's on private property near Gosport."

Someone mentioned this in an earlier post, but it strikes me as interesting, too: Why? Why did he put the body there? Did he have last-minute regrets and want it to be discovered? Was he too drunk to think clear-headedly? If the river was right there, wouldn't that have been a better place to put her if he wanted to get away with it?

IN - Shaylyn Ammerman, 14mo, Spencer, 23 Mar 2016 *ARREST* #2

Also, my apologies for not being able to re-open last night. I live in the deep south where the horrible storms are happening. Lost power about 8:00p last night and didn't get it back on until early this morning.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=12445593

Tlcya, Beach, I couldn't quote your last post on the previous thread regarding the storms. [emoji4]

OT-

I'm in the Deep South as well, and we are getting clobbered again with rain, just a couple weeks after so many lost their homes to the historic flooding here, mostly in areas that had never flooded before. My coworker, who has 5 children and is in the process of adopting her 8 year old nephew, lost her home and everything in it, just yesterday moved out of a hotel and into a rental house, which is now being threatened with new flood waters. My family was lucky, as our cul de sac was the only one in our neighborhood that did not have water in their homes. I hope you and yours did not go through any of that awfulness.

And thank you for your work moderating here. It is appreciated. [emoji4]

Someone mentioned this in an earlier post, but it strikes me as interesting, too: Why? Why did he put the body there? Did he have last-minute regrets and want it to be discovered? Was he too drunk to think clear-headedly? If the river was right there, wouldn't that have been a better place to put her if he wanted to get away with it?

I'd go with 2nd thoughts/momentarily having a conscience. People with no conscience would have done exactly what you said, put the body in the river.

Either that or he was too drunk to care either way :(

IN - Shaylyn Ammerman, 14mo, Spencer, 23 Mar 2016 *ARREST* #2

<snip>

Also, my apologies for not being able to re-open last night. I live in the deep south where the horrible storms are happening. Lost power about 8:00p last night and didn't get it back on until early this morning.

<snip>

OT-

I'm in the Deep South as well, and we are getting clobbered again with rain, just a couple weeks after so many lost their homes to the historic flooding here, mostly in areas that had never flooded before. My coworker, who has 5 children and is in the process of adopting her 8 year old nephew, lost her home and everything in it, just yesterday moved out of a hotel and into a rental house, which is now being threatened with new flood waters. My family was lucky, as our cul de sac was the only one in our neighborhood that did not have water in their homes. I hope you and yours did not go through any of that awfulness.

And thank you for your work moderating here. It is appreciated. [emoji4]

<snipped by me for space>

It sounds like we're neighbors, Beach and CourtneyB, or at least in close proximity. Hope you all stay safe with this next round of storms (double for Courtney's friend).

(SPENCER) - Owen County Prosecutor Don VanDerMoere says he could make a decision on whether to pursue the death penalty in the Shaylyn Ammerman case within the next two months.

[...]

In order for a case to qualify for the death penalty, it must meet at least one of 18 circumstances outlined by the general assembly. One of those circumstances is murder of a child.

http://www.wbiw.com/local/archive/2...to-decide-whether-to-pursue-death-penalty.php

If there are other victims, it's possible they're too little to know they are victims. It's also possible Shaylyn was his first victim and all the wicked just came out all at once with KP. Thankfully, if the justice system does it's job she will also be the LAST victim of his.

I don't think he's killed before, but perhaps he's been thinking about the scenario for awhile, running it through his head, and/or has seen it on a video.??

It's also entirely possible he has built up to this, fondling without leaving evidence for awhile, for example, and then he took the first opportunity that presented itself to take his deeds further.

JMO. Speculation.

I'd go with 2nd thoughts/momentarily having a conscience. People with no conscience would have done exactly what you said, put the body in the river.

Either that or he was too drunk to care either way :(

I have been extremely intoxicated before (I did graduate from ECU :blushing: but only have a very rare drink now), and I have never, ever wanted to hurt a child. Of course, I believe that the ole' "I only did that because I was drunk" is rubbish. When you are inebriated, the truth comes out, IMO, even if it was something you wouldn't necessarily act on if you were sober. I probably just confused the heck outta everyone, but I am good at that as well. :innocent: Bottom line, IMO, you ARE or are NOT a pedophile/dangerous person, whatever the case may be. :pullhair:

I have been extremely intoxicated before (I did graduate from ECU :blushing: but only have a very rare drink now), and I have never, ever wanted to hurt a child. Of course, I believe that the ole' "I only did that because I was drunk" is rubbish. When you are inebriated, the truth comes out, IMO, even if it was something you wouldn't necessarily act on if you were sober. I probably just confused the heck outta everyone, but I am good at that as well. :innocent: Bottom line, IMO, you ARE or are NOT a pedophile/dangerous person, whatever the case may be. [emoji14]ullhair:
I completely agree with you!

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I have been extremely intoxicated before (I did graduate from ECU :blushing: but only have a very rare drink now), and I have never, ever wanted to hurt a child. Of course, I believe that the ole' "I only did that because I was drunk" is rubbish. When you are inebriated, the truth comes out, IMO, even if it was something you wouldn't necessarily act on if you were sober. I probably just confused the heck outta everyone, but I am good at that as well. :innocent: Bottom line, IMO, you ARE or are NOT a pedophile/dangerous person, whatever the case may be. :pullhair:

I agree! Alcohol causes you to lose your inhibitions so you're more likely to speak the truth, say what's on your mind, or do something you didn't have the guts to do sober.

I think inthedetails might be on to something about the fondling thing. It doesn't seem logical that he would've gone from 0 to 60 that quick.

I agree! Alcohol causes you to lose your inhibitions so you're more likely to speak the truth, say what's on your mind, or do something you didn't have the guts to do sober.

I think inthedetails might be on to something about the fondling thing. It doesn't seem logical that he would've gone from 0 to 60 that quick.

I also wonder if there are any indications of drugs have been involved. Which may have heightened the effects perhaps?

I bet they will find that he has a significant collection of child *advertiser censored*, and lots of online connections with other creeps. Sometimes that's enough "escalation" for the new generation of monsters.

All IMO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BlueSmurf1