It Can't Happen Here - 2nd Edition - Answers In The Sand

ELOCsoul

Verified Author - "Finding Jacob Wetterling"
Reaction score
A few of you have asked about the story behind my research over the years, so I included an autobiographical chapter in the 2nd edition. Here it is attached....

Attachments

• Chapter Thirteen.pdf
    163.7 KB · Views: 95
It must have been so frustrating to have contacted reporters and local LE so many times and been met with indifference. TG Shane Ball listened when you sent him the info!

It must have been so frustrating to have contacted reporters and local LE so many times and been met with indifference. TG Shane Ball listened when you sent him the info!

Just horrible, at least it finally got through and broke the case right in front of their faces. What do you media personnel and local LE have to say now? And dont say you already knew because its too late for that.

As I have mentioned all along I sure hope Dr and the wetterlings go after local le

As I have mentioned all along I sure hope Dr and the wetterlings go after local le

Considering the way local le operates I wouldn't even try. They will twist it and make them lose, because thats what they do. Lets focus on getting a confession from the man in jail. Perhaps a face to face with Patty could help.

Considering the way local le operates I wouldn't even try. They will twist it and make them lose, because thats what they do. Lets focus on getting a confession from the man in jail. Perhaps a face to face with Patty could help.

When it comes down to the fact that le incompetence may have resulted in the loss of your child you can bet your *advertiser censored* it's worth a try! Never give up!

When it comes down to the fact that le incompetence may have resulted in the loss of your child you can bet your *advertiser censored* it's worth a try! Never give up!

What does Patty say? We gotta investigate.

Do you have disrespect for local law enforcement? Do you feel there are many things they do wrong? Do you want your voice and opinions to be heard without bias? Tell Bromenshenkel- he's hungary for a chat with you-

www.stearnscountymn.gov/Community/CountyNews/RecentNewsandPressReleases/newsid874/1620

"It is imperative for me to hear the issues that are important to the citizens I serve and for them to know that I’m available to listen to their concerns,” said Commissioner Bromenschenkel. “Not everyone is comfortable bringing those issues before the entire Board of Commissioners, so I want to go to the people and make sure they’re being heard.”

It was very frustrating, yes - and it's what ultimately led to making the book a necessity, in retrospect.

Just horrible, at least it finally got through and broke the case right in front of their faces. What do you media personnel and local LE have to say now? And dont say you already knew because its too late for that.

Up until about 3 weeks ago there have been only two members of major Twin Cities media to have read the book. There are a few more reading it now, so it's starting to get some traction and interest. I don't know how many members of media attended the Paynesville book event, but I know of 3 for sure, and there were 3 more people there taking some pretty serious notes.

If there is one criticism I have of media, it is that they tend to "follow" each other a bit, rarely breaking free and doing something original. And, as I have found out - many are reluctant to veer off the path for fear of losing access to certain people. It's almost unthinkable to me that an organization would wield access to people a weapon, as if it were a game of chess.

Up until about 3 weeks ago there have been only two members of major Twin Cities media to have read the book. There are a few more reading it now, so it's starting to get some traction and interest. I don't know how many members of media attended the Paynesville book event, but I know of 3 for sure, and there were 3 more people there taking some pretty serious notes.

If there is one criticism I have of media, it is that they tend to "follow" each other a bit, rarely breaking free and doing something original. And, as I have found out - many are reluctant to veer off the path for fear of losing access to certain people. It's almost unthinkable to me that an organization would wield access to people a weapon, as if it were a game of chess.

I think you need to be recognized in the media for turning over the evidence that led to the arrest of Heinrich. IMO you deserve a crown.

I think you need to be recognized in the media for turning over the evidence that led to the arrest of Heinrich. IMO you deserve a crown.

Well thank you for the bump up. I do appreciate the sentiment, but I don't claim to have all the answers and I tend to deflect credit away and to others. A couple of stations have asked me to be more "assertive" with credit but that's not important and not for me to decide. For all I know Heinrich may have been in their crosshairs again long before Sept 2014. One thing of note is that the BCA was trolling for DNA from Jerads case in 2012, months before Joy or myself came along in the Paynesville cases.

For the most part all I really did was compile and analyze information that had been sitting there for a long time. On Monday night I mentioned WS a few times because several members here have inspired ideas or made connections between bits of info that I may never have thought of. You yourself are always brainstorming different ideas, and not locking in on one thing is very, very key.

The best I'll admit to or taking credit for is applying pressure. I know I did that, and that's what Al Garber told me needed to be done!

Because of the internet, there are problems with news. Papers are folding up right and left. When I was a kid, our city had the morning and evening edition of the paper.

Because of the internet, there are problems with news. Papers are folding up right and left. When I was a kid, our city had the morning and evening edition of the paper.

Huh????

I think what Human means is that the media have limited resources and they continue to dwindle because it's easy to get free news these days.

ELOC, have you thought of freelancing for mainstream media on this case?

ELOC, have you thought of freelancing for mainstream media on this case?

Well I've actually worked with 9-10 journalists in the last few months. Most is just background info and bouncing ideas, etc, which is totally fine, and actually what I prefer. My frustration lies in that media was inattentive to so many clues over the years, and now they are more concerned with heeding threats of losing access to certain people for interviews. It's comical really, that there are investigative reporters who cannot investigate their way out of a paper bag, and instead drum up dramatic stories and overlook the simple, plain facts.

Yes, that's a frustrating but common thing with journalism these days.

Reading microfiche is awful . I relate to the giant headache.

It is so weird that Joy took an adverserial stance. I wonder why?

Reading microfiche is awful . I relate to the giant headache.

It is so weird that Joy took an adverserial stance. I wonder why?

Maybe she hoped to write a book also?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back