OH OH - Victoria Hincher, 24, Nancy Theobald, 18, Tammy King, 22, Cincinnati, 1976-1982

Marilynilpa

Reaction score
http://enquirer.com/editions/2000/02/05/loc_butler_sheriff.html

I have an interest in two very cold Ohio cases, Ruth Baumgardner and Lola Celli. They both have threads here.

And of course, there's the case of the Cleveland "Torso Killer" - some think they know the killer, other disagree.

The three Cincinnati cases do sound similar: Hincher was strangled and sexually assaulted; Theobald was strangled (but was she sexually assaulted - I'll check that out); and King was strangled and sexually assaulted.

The article says that investigators think Hincher and Theobald were victims of "separate serial killers." I'd be very interested to know why they think that. The article also states that investigators have identified suspects in all of the cold cases mentioned in the article. I take that to mean they know the identity of the "separate serial killers." If so, it would be nice to know that information.

I'll search some databases and see if I can find out anything.

Other article about the three possibly connected cases:

http://go.galegroup.com/ps/i.do?id=GALE|A63435872&v=2.1&u=pl4153&it=r&p=STND&sw=w

http://go.galegroup.com/ps/i.do?id=GALE|A63440875&v=2.1&u=pl4153&it=r&p=STND&sw=w

I found it interesting that "sheriff's detectives attempted to question an imprisoned serial killer in connection with Ms. Hincher's death.
The prisoner, however, refused to talk about the case with detectives."

I wonder why question him on Hincher's death only? Maybe he was already in jail or otherwise accounted for after Victoria Hincher's murder??

Ralston was ruled out as a suspect in Nancy Ann Theobald's murder. He was picked up / Arrested the day before her disappearance. They also considered Nolan Ray George.

Fresh incentive to solve the Ohio murders, found this thread after starting individual one..
OH - Nancy Theobald,18, UofC student, bound body in creek,16 Nov. 1977

Oct 05, 2018
Case of woman found dead in West Chester creek gets new attention 40 years later

BUTLER COUNTY —
A 40-year-old unsolved homicide is getting a new look from police, and a local mother hopes her efforts will bring in tips for other cold cases like it.

Nancy Theobald’s body was found in December 1977 in West Chester Twp. after she went missing from her Cincinnati neighborhood.

Theobald was a University of Cincinnati student when she left her part-time job at Arby’s in Clifton to walk home on Nov. 16, 1977. She was never seen alive again.

Today, Ventre told the Journal-News that in recent weeks he has been working on the case, and that new tests are being done. He declined to elaborate.

The Butler County Sheriff’s Office asks anyone with information about the Theobald case to call 513-785-1300.

newsEngin.23188783_woman-poster.jpg

A poster of unsolved female homicides featuring cases from Hamilton and Butler counties. (CONTRIBUTED)
rbbm

Has anybody been able to recover a case information regarding these people? Finding stuff in articles doesn't help get closer in regards to finding what the police have investigated and what they haven't, like any witness reports, what the crime seen looked like, and surveillance cameras in the area that these girls traveled on a scheduled basis that could have caught someone stalking her before the victims got killed? Need more information..... some links in the threads have led me no where

Has anybody been able to recover a case information regarding these people? Finding stuff in articles doesn't help get closer in regards to finding what the police have investigated and what they haven't, like any witness reports, what the crime seen looked like, and surveillance cameras in the area that these girls traveled on a scheduled basis that could have caught someone stalking her before the victims got killed? Need more information..... some links in the threads have led me no where
Welcome to Ws Hollybear2013!
We can speculate or post news items from mainstream sources, so dig right in and post, the families of these young women need and deserve answers!

Nov 29, 2022 article

www.wcpo.com

[…]

The posthumous murder indictment earlier this month of a man for a 1978 murder gave the family of a Hamilton County woman answers to a decades-old cold case. Prosecutor Joe Deters pointed out the possibility the suspect, Ralph Howell, could be the killer in the strangulation deaths of two young woman found dead in in Butler County.

[…]

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taketherisk