MI MI - Tammy Clements, 14, Niles, 1 Jan 1980

Any123

Reaction score
a5a009fff7a9a193fac86744f8fb097e.jpg

Tammy Sue Clements

Birthdate May 9, 1965
Brown hair and eyes, gap between front teeth
DNA submitted-tests complete

According to namus the last time anyone saw her was 1/1/1980 but according to her missing Facebook page a photo later discovered dated Nov 1980 was discovered

1fb104c19c13f79f11fbcd4332cfa0a1.jpg

https://m.facebook.com/missingtammysueclements/

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/28055/4/

More pictures from Doe Network:
3453DFNE1.jpg
3453DFNE2.jpg
3453DFNE3.jpg

Age Progressed to 50 years:
3453DFNE4.jpg

[h=2]Circumstances of Disappearance[/h] Clements lived with her biological mother and stepfather in Niles, Michigan until she was approximately 14 years old. She then went to live with her biological father and stepmother who also lived in Niles. Clements, her father, stepmother and two half brothers moved to Lincoln, Nebraska some time in 1979-1980, the exact date is unknown.

When Clements was 15, her father and stepmother said they were moving back to Niles, Michigan and Clements could go back to live with her mother and stepfather. This upset Clements and she refused to go with them. In the last conversation with her biological mother (who believes this conversation took place shortly after Tammy turned 15 in the summer of 1980), Tammy told her she had met some friends in Nebraska and was going to travel to California with them.

Tammy's father, stepmother, and two young half brothers moved from Nebraska shortly thereafter, and allowed Clements to stay behind in Lincoln. This was the last known contact Clements has ever had with anyone.

Clements has never obtained a driver's license, a state identification card or used her social security number.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/3453dfne.html

Charley Project page for Tammy: http://charleyproject.org/case/tammy-sue-clements. Awhile ago I submitted her as a possibility for a Ridgway victim commonly known as Jane Doe B-10. NamUs: https://www.identifyus.org/en/cases/9927 and Doe Network profiles: http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/97ufwa.html. Her front teeth were described as being "crooked and overlapping" and her lower teeth were similar. Thread for JDB-10: https://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?131705-WA-Burien-WhtFem-97UFWA-12-18-Green-River-victim-Mar-84.

I wanted to share some additional photos I found of Tammy Sue. I haven’t seen them anywhere else but found them on her Missing Tammy Sue Clements Facebook page! (WOAH! I finally figure out how to insert links without taking up an entire thread! :eek:) One photo almost took my breathe away. There isn’t a lot out there about her case and what is out there is a little vague. I went ahead and submitted Tammy for comparison with OK Jane Doe, “The Lime Lady”.

I3Kkvb399ZYSN2Ies7byEpYSSN0YDMFcPqm7bZLYuZq46qmQLKgbwPSq7CCtk9fVmPb1q16Tt4gYJBy88dgeRIk8ORBrOIw3Oy3Y6Rldra0CSa0vCsgzvXiib02yruNUPAYyzeVC

95AC33DB-582B-4412-8FB0-AC82DDDF7EFF.jpeg FCC00894-518F-4F36-A7F3-EBB991F2C79B.jpeg DE588D68-F882-46A1-8C95-325821348852.jpeg C8AE7E15-3AD8-4C44-9741-5AE9E0E050D3.jpeg 8CD1CED0-14C4-49A8-BDCC-68C230E1E2B5.jpeg 8FE2537B-275D-483B-92B4-FFF2131375A3.jpeg

Her appearance definitely seemed to change over time. I almost didn’t recognize her in some of the photos. Very beautiful girl! Hope her family gets some answers soon!

Bumping for you Tammy!

•MMcG•

Has anyone ever found out from bio Dad & family why they left her behind alone in Lincoln ? Has always struck me as odd. Does anyone know who the Nebraska friends going to Cali were ? TIA MOO Thank for more pictures ! MMcGoo

I’m sad to know about her family passing recently. :( This entire timeline was confusing for me to try and piece together. The Missing Tammy Sue Clements Facebook page helped fill in a few gaps. It still seems a little suspicious to me. (JMO)

2A65828D-B526-44EF-BDF7-AA69FFDBAEE4.jpeg
“We have now, an old photo which changes up the time line slightly and narrows things down for us a little! :)
Tammys Stepbrother was going through his mother's things and came across what has come to be the last known photo of Tammy Sue Clements. Tammys stepbrother remembers this day as the day his biological father (Tammys stepfather) brought Tammy over to he and his mother's home for thanksgiving dinner. The date handwritten on the back is November 27, 1980, Thanksgiving. On 8-5-15 the Thanksgiving photo was sent to Sergeant Swanson who said he will pass the information to NCMEC. This photo would suggest Tammy did not leave for California in May 1980, but perhaps months later. Many of the adults in Tammys life during this time period have passed. Second hand information that is 35 years old is what we are mostly working with- so we must expect there will be slight changes. We must also be thankful for all information great and small, it all adds pieces to the puzzle of Tammys disappearance.”

After sending my last comment, I had to go back over the timeline again... if I’m understanding correctly, that photo would have placed Tammy in Michigan with her stepfather and mother on Thanksgiving 1980?

So, according to all of the other info, she was left behind in Kansas, her mother last spoke to her sometime (she thought) during the summer of 1980. That would mean that Tammy did make it back to Michigan sometime between, at earliest, summer of ‘80 and Nov ‘80.

Right? :confused:

Tammy's mother, brother and father are all deceased. They all passed in the last five years.

The story about being left behind in Lincoln may not be accurate.

Do you mean purposely inaccurate or that her parents and stepparents couldn't keep dates straight? Either way it's sad. Could she have gotten a new social security number, if she moved or didn't know if she had one?

Do you mean purposely inaccurate or that her parents and stepparents couldn't keep dates straight? Either way it's sad. Could she have gotten a new social security number, if she moved or didn't know if she had one?
she wasn't reported missing until 2015. Her father had passed away and her mother had....challenges (IMO) brother is the one who reported her. Memories fade, years and months run together.

After sending my last comment, I had to go back over the timeline again... if I’m understanding correctly, that photo would have placed Tammy in Michigan with her stepfather and mother on Thanksgiving 1980?

So, according to all of the other info, she was left behind in Kansas, her mother last spoke to her sometime (she thought) during the summer of 1980. That would mean that Tammy did make it back to Michigan sometime between, at earliest, summer of ‘80 and Nov ‘80.

Right? :confused:

Nebraska, not Kansas. Tammy had police contact in MICHIGAN in April of 1981. The timeline on this case is a hot mess. No one knows for sure the what or the where or the when.

Nebraska, not Kansas. Tammy had police contact in MICHIGAN in April of 1981. The timeline on this case is a hot mess. No one knows for sure the what or the where or the when.
Omg, lol, yes... Nebraska... see what I mean? :confused:

So Tammy herself had contact with police in ‘81. I didn’t even realize that! I definitely understand things get mixed up over time, that sure is a shame for poor Tammy! Makes finding her that much more difficult. :(

Thank you for clearing that up!

My pleasure to help. I've been looking at her case for a few weeks. Hoping that something concrete will turn up soon

Tammy Sue Clements
3453DFNE.jpg
3453DFNE1.jpg
3453DFNE2.jpg
3453DFNE3.jpg
3453DFNE4.jpg

The image on the right is age-progressed to 50 years.

Name: Tammy Sue Clements
Case Classification: Endangered Missing
Missing Since: May 02, 1981
Location Last Seen: Lincoln, Lancaster County, Nebraska

Physical Description
Date of Birth: May 9, 1965
Race: White
Height: 5'5"
Weight: 130 lbs.
Hair Color: Tammy's hair is described as dark blonde or "dirty blonde" in summer and brown with a reddish tint at other times. Tammy's hair was short, above shoulders but below ears at time of disappearance.
Eye Color: Brown
Nickname/Alias: Unknown
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Tammy had a space between her front teeth, they make an inverted "V".

Identifiers
Dentals: Not Available
Fingerprints: Not Available
DNA:Available

Clothing & Personal Items
Clothing: Unknown
Jewelry: Unknown
Additional Personal Items: may be wearing glasses.

Circumstances of Disappearance
Clements lived with her biological mother and stepfather in Niles, Michigan until she was approximately 14 years old. She then went to live with her biological father and stepmother who also lived in Niles. Clements, her father, stepmother and two half brothers moved to Lincoln, Nebraska some time in 1979-1980, the exact date is unknown.

When Clements was 15, her father and stepmother said they were moving back to Niles, Michigan and Clements could go back to live with her mother and stepfather. This upset Clements and she refused to go with them. In the last conversation with her biological mother (who believes this conversation took place shortly after Tammy turned 15 in the summer of 1980), Tammy told her she had met some friends in Nebraska and was going to travel to California with them.

Tammy's father, stepmother, and two young half brothers moved from Nebraska shortly thereafter, and allowed Clements to stay behind in Lincoln. This was the last known contact Clements has ever had with anyone.

Clements has never obtained a driver's license, a state identification card or used her social security number.

Investigating Agency(s)
Agency Name: Niles Police Department
Agency Contact Person: Sergeant Scott S. Swanson
Agency Phone Number: 269-683-1313
Agency E-Mail: N/A
Agency Case Number: 2015-00000211
NCIC Case Number: Unknown
NamUs Case Number: 28055

Information Source(s)
NamUs
NCMEC
LostnMissing
North American Missing Persons Network
Facebook
Family Members
3453DFNE - Tammy Sue Clements

And you did it very well, thank you!

As soon i arrived home, i had to check for her thread.
Yes!!! I began listening but was rudely interrupted by “responsibilities” :rolleyes: Hate when that happens! But very well done so far!! I like your style and glad to see some of these “less popular” cases covered! I can’t wait to finish your Podcast. I’ll be sure to share with my fellow addicts!

Thanks so much!
•MMcG•

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie