Bosma Murder Trial 04.05.16 - Day 30

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sillybilly

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
This is the Bosma murder trial daily discussion thread. The trial daily discussion thread is for discussion of trial evidence/testimony only, not for general discussion, posts about past threads, other members, etc. Off-topic posts will be removed.

Note: Only testimony that is published through MSM reporting (articles and tweets) is allowed. Keep discussion focused on testimony as it becomes public knowledge and remember to link up to MSM reporting of same.

Any testimony that might remain under Publication Ban, and any courtroom discussion that takes place when the jury is not present, is strictly off-limits. Posts that violate a Publication Ban, or discussion when the jury is absent, will be removed.

At all times, keep in mind Websleuths TOS, so affectionately referred to as The Rules.

There will be ZERO TOLERANCE for snarky or disrespectful posts and/or subtle digs at other members. Mods will not be PMing you with explanations, you will find your post has disappeared, or that you can no longer post.

There is to be NO name calling or name variations, not even of the accused.

There is to be no BICKERING between members. A difference of opinion is NOT a TOS violation. Some will think one or both of the accused are guilty, some will think one or both are not guilty, and some will be on the fence. All of that is okay and should NOT BE ATTACKED. If you disagree, that's fine, move past the post. If a post is offensive, alert it and let the Mods review it. If you respond to the post, both the offensive post AND yours will be removed and may result in other consequences.

Other reminders for reference as we have respectful discussion in each of the daily trial discussion threads:

Abuse of the WS Alert feature can have consequences including timeout or worse. Such abuse includes, but is not limited to:

• Overuse of the alert system

• Repeatedly alerting on the same poster

• Demanding a specific outcome

• Alerting on the same post more than once

Once you have alerted on a post, please move on without discussing it, and don't question the decisions of our Administrators, Moderators or Owners, and don't expect personalized responses with explanations about a particular decision.

The principle of “innocent until proven guilty” is for the court room … it is not required that Websleuths members adhere to that principle. Members are allowed to discuss, speculate, theorize, and judge according to opinions they develop from following the specifics of the case.

If you have any questions, PM a Mod and we will be happy to assist you. The main Mods/Admin for this trial will be Bessie, Coldpizza, and sillybilly.

:tyou:

**If you would like to post tweets while court is in session, please read this thread first:
[h=1]Bosma Murder Trial Twitter Roll Call[/h]
Reporters to follow on Twitter:

Jacques Gallant, Toronto Star
Adam Carter, CBC Hamilton - ArianeEmory
Mark Carcasole, Global Toronto - Matou
Molly Hayes, The Hamilton Spectator
Peter Ackman, CTV National News
Nicole Martin, CHCH TV
Susan Clairmont, The Hamilton Spectator
Shannon Martin, CBC Toronto News

Also, check this site for real time updates.

http://www.cbc.ca/hamilton/news/

ifZ830f.jpg

link:rose:

Tim Bosma trial: gun expert to testify Tuesday
CBC News Posted: Apr 05, 2016

Tim%20and%20Sharlene%20wedding%20photo.jpg

link

The Tim Bosma trial resumes Tuesday with testimony from firearms expert Jennifer Plath who is expected to talk about the photos of guns found on the phones and computers of the two men accused of murder in the death of Hamilton's Tim Bosma, and about the shell casing found in Bosma's truck.

​On Monday, according to a tense cross examination from the legal team representing Smich, Millard's employee and right hand man Shane Schlatman lied to police to protect his boss.

The CBC's live coverages starts at 10 a.m.

CBC Live Blog

Live Blog Mobile

The Star Live Blog

Jury now in court, now cross-examination will continue from Thomas Dungey.
by Adam Carter 10:07 AM

If you need help posting this morning, I can do the Adam Carter blog. Let me know the link to it and I can do that until lunch time.

Dungey asks if Plath ever took a course that dealt specifically with the Walther PPK, and she says no. Asks if she ever fired a PPK, and she says yes, about 8 years ago.
by Adam Carter 10:08 AM

Says she has also never testified in a homicide about a Walther PPK.
by Adam Carter 10:09 AM

Dungey says using photos "very tenuous" when doing an examination of a gun. "Looking at an image, I'm not able to say if it's a functioning firearm," Plath says. "With a photograph, we don't know if its been modified in any way."
by Adam Carter 10:11 AM

You can't even tell if it's a toy gun or not," Dungey says. "Without examining it, that's correct," Plath responds.
by Adam Carter 10:11 AM

Plath says she also can't say if the image has been altered or photoshopped in any way.
by Adam Carter 10:12 AM

bfd17f2e-22f1-48b5-bd38-6053e3846223.png
Dungey now asking about this photo, with a print that was matched to Millard's.

by Adam Carter 10:13 AM

"In that photo that was presented to you by the Crown ... there you have the aspects of being to identify to a certain degree that that's a Walther PPK because of the writing on it, right?" Dungey asks. He's calling this the "Millard photo."
by Adam Carter 10:14 AM

"Those are much stronger indications on the Millard gun than you have on the two-fingered gun, right?" Dungey asks. The "two finger gun" is one that was found on an iPad in Smich's home.
by Adam Carter 10:16 AM

4376357f-ce82-4eb8-8ced-af9be2e433ec.png
Here's that photo.

by Adam Carter 10:17 AM

"In this one, you have much less to look at, right?" Dungey asks. Plath says it's correct that you can't see the writing in that photo.

Sorry if I am not doing this right, it is actually way more work than I thought so I'm trying hard to keep up.

"Without the font, it's complete speculation what that photo is about ... you wouldn't know if it's a toy gun or replica," Dungey says. Plath says it "couldn't be excluded" as a Walther PPK, but could be a pellet gun or another gun.
by Adam Carter 10:19 AM

Again, this image was found on an iPad at Smich's residence. The man in the photo hasn't been concretely ID'd as him for the jury though.
by Adam Carter 10:20 AM

"Those are much stronger indications on the Millard gun than you have on the two-fingered gun, right?" Dungey asks. The "two finger gun" is one that was found on an iPad in Smich's home.
by Adam Carter 10:16 AM

4376357f-ce82-4eb8-8ced-af9be2e433ec.png
Here's that photo.

"In this one, you have much less to look at, right?" Dungey asks. Plath says it's correct that you can't see the writing in that photo.

That photo is so gangsta' with the face just barely covered by the gun. Nice to see the grey hoodie making another appearance. And maybe clean your fingernails before taking such a photo. MOO

"There are other areas or parts to look at, and again, I can't exclude it as a Walther," Plath says.
by Adam Carter 10:21 AM

Dungey says he just "doesn't get that kind of rational thinking" about it "not being able to be excluded." "You don't have the pull out magazine or the description ... the main characteristics you have in the Millard gun you don't have in this gun," Dungey says.
by Adam Carter 10:23 AM

Plath can't say if it's a replica gun, or an air gun or anything like that.
by Adam Carter 10:24 AM

"You have no indication that that image is of a workable gun," Dungey says. "That's correct," Plath says.
by Adam Carter 10:24 AM

"A Walther PPK is often known out on the street as the James Bond gun, right?" Dungey says, and Plath says yes. It was popularized as Bond's gun in the movies. It was also the same kind of gun Hitler shot himself with, Dungey notes.
by Adam Carter 10:27 AM

Apart from TD totally unveiling what an unscrupulous liar SS really is, apart from wrangling a glimpse of the true inner being of DM as a complete irresponsible mememe control freak, TD has managed to crack the door open that MS was merely a poor, dumb kid with nothing to his name, totally infatuated with the “devil may care” attitude of DM and willing to do anything to hang onto DM’s generosity of $$ and so called friendship. Right now the devil is looking pretty much like DM.
TD may well have garnered some jury sympathy for MS being involved in this mess.
And I am so grateful to TD raising the roof to SS, more as a furious, disappointed father at his son, because I believe that is what we have all reacted to – the complete utter destruction of TB for absolutely no reason at all. It was only a truck.

Wow, it is so dry this morning for testimony. I wonder who is up after this witness.

shout out to mozzagirl for picking up the tweets - I'm always following along at work and can be removed from the keyboard for extended periods of time at any time or I would try and post.....so totally appreciated MG :loveyou:

Sounds like Dungey is trying to say..they are not the same gun in each picture?
Someone pointed out the identicle damage on the butt (by the magazine) wonder if forensic seen that? That kind of tells us that's it's the same gun in DM and MS photos? It didn't look like a manufacture mark to me but I don't know much about guns either.

I can give you hand, do I just need to copy and paste the tweets? I can do molly hayes and susan clairmont if you want?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998