Do you like the new format for WS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spellbound

falsus in uno, falsus in omnibus
Reaction score
I personally do like the new look! It is easy on my eyes and I like seeing the top cases posted at the top of the page. The Amber Alert is also a good thing to have on the page. Kudos to all who worked on making this change. Good work!

ETA .... I absolutely am thrilled that the login box is much easier to see now! It used to blend into the dark blue background and I could barely see the little box for "keep me logged in". Nice!

No, I do not like the new format. All it does for me is make scrolling down, past it, longer. Those "headlines" are meaningless to me. Waste of time and space, but we all know it will stay. What more is there to say?

I do like it.
Only problem I'm having is quick links not working.
Anyone else?

I personally do like the new look! It is easy on my eyes and I like seeing the top cases posted at the top of the page. The Amber Alert is also a good thing to have on the page. Kudos to all who worked on making this change. Good work!

ETA .... I absolutely am thrilled that the login box is much easier to see now! It used to blend into the dark blue background and I could barely see the little box for "keep me logged in". Nice!

I am totally in love with it! Nice Tricia! :)

The Quick Links and Forum Rules will not let me click on them.... at least not on iPad.

Change always take take time to adjust. At least, it usually does for me. Maybe it will feel more "normal" in a short time, Trident.

Nope, don't like it..

I find it to be harder on my eyes, to much distraction, to much going on..

I hate to be negative, but since you asked, I don't really like it. I'm on an iPad, so that may make a difference. Scrolling past the headlines every time I move to the next page of a thread is a drag. The background white is too bright for my sensitive eyes and the print is too small because I can no longer enlarge the page to make the print bigger. Except for the forum list, the page now fills the whole screen because there are no ads down the side. I tried darkening the page to cut the bright white glare, but that doesn't help and makes it harder to read the small print. I'm sorry, Tricia, but this just isn't working for my 70 year old eyes!

I do like it.
Anyone else?

The Quick Links and Forum Rules will not let me click on them.... at least not on iPad.

Change always take take time to adjust. At least, it usually does for me. Maybe it will feel more "normal" in a short time, Trident.

Thanks for letting us know! I'll pass this along to our tech guy so he can make the necessary adjustments.

TIA for your patience.

It's going to take some getting used to for these old eyes, but just a few things, perhaps a break, gap, or thicker line between the sticky posts and the regular threads. It's difficult to differentiate them on the missing persons page.

Other than that, thank you for getting rid of those ads along the right hand side of the page!! This makes the page more "work place appropriate".

The changes are pretty easy to adjust to - I'm not noticing anything drastically different. It works well for me on my laptop.

I will say, however, that I'm not fond of the *HOT!* label in front of thread links at the top of the page. The cases we discuss are usually serious cases and we are victim-friendly, and to label them *HOT!* seems sensational and tabloid-like. The placement of the links at the top of the page is enough to label them as popular topics without the additional call-out. That's not a complaint, more of a suggestion to consider.

THANK YOU to our webmaster who keep this place running! Your time and work is much appreciated!

Links.. posting... I can't seem to do hardly anything on the Tapatalk app. Only if I use mobile view on Web site 😣

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Thank you Moderators and Administration and Tricia for all the time you put into WS. You provide a brilliant service for LE the Public and the like 😊

I do like it.
Anyone else?

Yeah. The quick links tab won't open for me! I have to go to new posts to see if my subscription has a post. Anyone else having
this problem?

Also, I hate when things change... But that's just me. I'll get used to the new forum, I'm sure.

Yeah. The quick links tab won't open for me! I have to go to new posts to see if my subscription has a post. Anyone else having
this problem?

Also, I hate when things change... But that's just me. I'll get used to the new forum, I'm sure.
Same here. I have a new fone so was putting it down to operator error 😂

The changes are pretty easy to adjust to - I'm not noticing anything drastically different. It works well for me on my laptop.

I will say, however, that I'm not fond of the *HOT!* label in front of thread links at the top of the page. The cases we discuss are usually serious cases and we are victim-friendly, and to label them *HOT!* seems sensational and tabloid-like. The placement of the links at the top of the page is enough to label them as popular topics without the additional call-out. That's not a complaint, more of a suggestion to consider.

THANK YOU to our webmaster who keep this place running! Your time and work is much appreciated!
I agree... We don't want the Nancy Grace "bombshell" attitude. Right?

I hate to be negative, but since you asked, I don't really like it. I'm on an iPad, so that may make a difference. Scrolling past the headlines every time I move to the next page of a thread is a drag. The background white is too bright for my sensitive eyes and the print is too small because I can no longer enlarge the page to make the print bigger. Except for the forum list, the page now fills the whole screen because there are no ads down the side. I tried darkening the page to cut the bright white glare, but that doesn't help and makes it harder to read the small print. I'm sorry, Tricia, but this just isn't working for my 70 year old eyes!

The white is hard on my eyes to..and the print is small. I had my browser settings set in such a way, that before the changes I could read everything very easily.

I love websluthes and what it stands for, don't get me wrong..but I think I will have to read other forums that are friendlier on my eyes..

unless of course, the mods allow us a way to choose what we formats we like to use? some websites allow you to do that, that way everyone is happy

this problem?

I guess I didn't realize how dependent I was on that silly quick links tab. Lol.
It is pretty annoying. I can't find my subscribed threads and don't have the patience to search for them.
Having same issue on my phone.
Beach said she will let the tech guy know. Hoping it gets fixed soon.

The only thing I don't like about it is the headlines on top of the forum, it's just more scrolling everytime I go to a new thread.

I would love it if the names thanking the posts could appear in a bit larger font. This morning I woke up with several WS pages open, and as I refreshed the pages, the new could compare itself with the old. Before, the font for the "thanks" appeared to be quite a bit larger.

I always really focus on the thanks, for some reason...I guess easily being able to glance at who is "thanking" gives me the idea that I am following the trains of thought of others, which makes the whole thing more interesting.

I like that the "Thank you" lines are taking up less space. I'm on an ipad and have been enlarging the print so I can read it, but the new print goes right across the page, so I can't enlarge it and read it easily.

I find the "hot" buttons to be in bad taste. Maybe a word other than "hot" would convey the meaning you intend, without sensationalizing the seriousness of the crimes.

The pages is loading faster for me, and for that I am thankful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichaelKeell