GUILTY UK - Angela Wrightson murdered by 13 & 14 year old girls, Hartlepool, 2014

CoverMeCagney

Reaction score
Oh my word, I'd never heard anything about this case and I'm shocked!

Pictures of a bloody television set and spade that were used by two teenage girls to beat a 39-year-old woman to death have been released for the first time.
The stained objects were dropped on Angela Wrightson and used to batter her as she desperately pleaded for her life during a five-hour attack at her home in Hartlepool, County Durham, in December 2014.

Her murderers - two girls aged 13 and 14 - also used a wooden stick with screws pointing out, a printer and a coffee table to inflict more than 100 injuries on Ms Wrightson, including 80 on her face. Shards of glass and small pieces of gravel or grit were strewn around Ms Wrightson's private parts and ash from burnt paper was also put in her ear.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...able-computer-printer-brutal-attack-home.html

Been following this since last year when the first trial was halted... words cannot describe what I think about these two girls

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Been following this since last year when the first trial was halted... words cannot describe what I think about these two girls

I'd never heard of it, Sar! Strange, as it's not that far from where my mum lives. I couldn't find a thread so (reluctantly and slightly ashamedly) I've started one. What is the world coming to? I'm as sickened by all the social media stuff the girls did, snapchatting selfies from the scene. Crazy times...

Not quite sure how I picked up on it but I could never find a thread on here and despite being a member for a number of years I've still not figured out how to start a thread from my phone.

Hartlepool times have covered it extensively, both this trial and the previous one

Such an awful case. I really can't imagine such depravity. And from young teenage girl's at that. A sustained bloody evil beating. Taking 'selfies' posing the poor victim.
Even the LE found it hard work. PTSD counselling offered to all involved.
A sustained attack by these 'girls' lasting hours. Until they got bored. And found something else in the home to beat her with.
Gosh they are 'kids' they should be at home watching TV. On the computer or out with friends having a great time. Being 13 I was convinced that now I'm into my teens I was more grown up.....
Such sadness that some endeavour. Makes me wonder what on earth their childhood was like. Whether they were in Social Care. Or with parent (s)
Smdh. Makes me so sorrowful reading cases like this. Kids need to be kids..

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Not quite sure how I picked up on it but I could never find a thread on here and despite being a member for a number of years I've still not figured out how to start a thread from my phone.

Hartlepool times have covered it extensively, both this trial and the previous one

I installed tapatalk? For the pain reason I couldn't share or post much on WS. I not a fan of it though. As on WS Web view at least you can easily look thru the cases listed. On Tapatalk you only get to see what you subscribe to.. mega frustrating 😣

I installed tapatalk? For the pain reason I couldn't share or post much on WS. I not a fan of it though. As on WS Web view at least you can easily look thru the cases listed. On Tapatalk you only get to see what you subscribe to.. mega frustrating 😣

I've got tapatalk and can navigate pretty easily, it's just starting threads I have problems with

I've got tapatalk and can navigate pretty easily, it's just starting threads I have problems with

I've never started a thread tbh. I'm a scaredy cat 😂

I've never started a thread tbh. I'm a scaredy cat 😂

Plus I don't seem able to view anything I've not subscribed to 😊

Such an awful case. I really can't imagine such depravity. And from young teenage girl's at that. A sustained bloody evil beating. Taking 'selfies' posing the poor victim.
Even the LE found it hard work. PTSD counselling offered to all involved.
A sustained attack by these 'girls' lasting hours. Until they got bored. And found something else in the home to beat her with.
Gosh they are 'kids' they should be at home watching TV. On the computer or out with friends having a great time. Being 13 I was convinced that now I'm into my teens I was more grown up.....
Such sadness that some endeavour. Makes me wonder what on earth their childhood was like. Whether they were in Social Care. Or with parent (s)
Smdh. Makes me so sorrowful reading cases like this. Kids need to be kids..

Both girls were in local authority care at the time but had lived with parents, foster parents and various kids homes.

Also highlighted in court that both had taken drugs and drank heavily from the age of 11 and 12.

By all accounts the elder girl was having some sort of anger management therapy just prior to the attacks.

Even so both seem to have had pretty turbulent upbringings (not that that's any excuse). Obe of the girls wasn't even able to state their date of birth

I'm afraid little surprises me about Hartlepool. It's been in steep decline for many decades, and many families in the town are now into their 3rd or 4th generation of welfare dependency. Even before decline set in, it was rough and its economy based on heavy manual labour; originally this was small scale fishing but later steel, chemicals, engineering, ship building and similar rose and later declined in the town and surrounding area.

That said, in the past decade or two the council has tried to regenerate the town, with a large marina filled with weekend cruisers owned by people who work in London during the week, and with a recreation of an 18th century port built around HMS Trincomalee (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HMS_Trincomalee). Although the town's propects have improved to some extent, there's still a large post-industrial underclass from which I assume these girls came.

Omgosh. I really really can't get my head around that. I mean. I've never been flush with cash. But even holidays were spent in the UK. spending 2 weeks by the seaside with buckets and spades... and NO technology!
All fones tablets etc were locked away in the car. We have our own lil caravan. So just hitch up n go. Even the kids enjoyed the freedom of not being tied to the www. It was well worth it.
We can't afford flashy holidays abroad. Xmas is a small family gathering as is easter.
I just really hate to think about those girls' upbringing. They'll only do a part of their sentence now as they've been in remand for so long. I really hope someone can save these 2. Thank you for the info Sar 😊

I'm afraid little surprises me about Hartlepool. It's been in steep decline for many decades, and many families in the town are now into their 3rd or 4th generation of welfare dependency. Even before decline set in, it was rough and its economy based on heavy manual labour; originally this was small scale fishing but later steel, chemicals, engineering, ship building and similar rose and later declined in the town and surrounding area.

That said, in the past decade or two the council has tried to regenerate the town, with a large marina filled with weekend cruisers owned by people who work in London during the week, and with a recreation of an 18th century port built around HMS Trincomalee (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HMS_Trincomalee). Although the town's propects have improved to some extent, there's still a large post-industrial underclass from which I assume these girls came.
It seems to be a growing problem. With British Steel in crisis. We've also been hit with a bottling plant for Cider (as I'm in prime cider land. Ooh arrh)
Just finally a decision was made and the plant bought n back into production.

You can take a horse to water but you can't make it drink. 😣

You can take a horse to water but you can't make it drink.

True. There does seem to be a pattern that when traditional industries die, some workers turn misfortune (and redundancy money) into something positive and others fall into decline themselves. A decade or more after the Corby steelworks closed in the 1980s some former workers said it was the best thing that had ever happened to them because it forced them to look for new opportunities and to take chances they would never otherwise have dared to. Quite a few used their redundancy money to start their own businesses and became very successful. Others just signed on the dole and more or less stayed on benefits. It was the same in most of the of the old coalfields. Some former miners did well, others never recovered from the knock.

True. There does seem to be a pattern that when traditional industries die, some workers turn misfortune (and redundancy money) into something positive and others fall into decline themselves. A decade or more after the Corby steelworks closed in the 1980s some former workers said it was the best thing that had ever happened to them because it forced them to look for new opportunities and to take chances they would never otherwise have dared to. Quite a few used their redundancy money to start their own businesses and became very successful. Others just signed on the dole and more or less stayed on benefits. It was the same in most of the of the old coalfields. Some former miners did well, others never recovered from the knock.
It is still an awful sorry sad state of affairs.
I still remember as a lil kid myself. The miners' strikes and the 3 day week. As the Government were privatising the Collieries. When you think of all the Industries around the UK that went out of business related to that. It's crazy.
When in June we have a referendum to either stay in the EU. Or pull out. We as a country could never be self sufficient anymore.
I come from a large Port. Which was home to many a Sailor. Merchant and Navy. Fishing and building. In Portsmouth.
It's so very true what you say Melmoth. Traditional Industries die off. We ship cheap resources in. It's a never ending perpetual circle.
We managed to hold on to our borders. Our currency. Our Sovereignty. Whilst other EU members accepted the Euro as shared monetary system.
And thru out the closure the run down and deprived areas miss out on vital funding.
Less available employment for kids leaving school. Less qualifications. And there's were the them n us division of class... these girls. Depending on sentences. Will they eventually gain 'new' identities in their 30's like the killers of lil Bulger. As they were young themselves when they murdered the lil boy.?

Okay I must be tired as am rambling.. apologies 😊

What a story :( I suppose in a 'slow news' week (not that this is slow news in the slightest) it probably would have made the evening news, but it's been over shadowed by the Panama stuff

What a story :( I suppose in a 'slow news' week (not that this is slow news in the slightest) it probably would have made the evening news, but it's been over shadowed by the Panama stuff
Indeed flutterby. I'm still trying to work out why release the Panama stuff now? For what reason? Is there a part 2 to all of this?
And who's gonna benefit from these leaks. So far 1 banker/ leader has resigned. N that was the Iceland leader. Now that does seem off to me. Cuz when all the banks were in disarray. Due to unscrupulous money mismanagement. That led to the fiscal times with the majority of troubled banks being bailed out by public funds. Now then Iceland was ONE of the few banks that were actually unscathed. And other banks signed up to the Iceland bank to gather some much needed security. (And BOOM!! I find out that our lil town. Had somehow already been using the Iceland banking system. While all around was crumbling. I still didn't find out why. Maybe things may become more transparent now the Leader has resigned albeit very quickly... cuz it makes me go.hmmmmmmmm?!

And back to the original story. Those 2 girls attacking a vulnerable lady like they did is pure evil. I hope they get their just desserts while they finish out their time in prison. No one deserves to die the way that poor woman did. Then undress her from the waist down and cover her genitals in dirt/earth/mud. Smdh.
Inhumane springs to mind.

I heard about this story yesterday. Absolutely horrific. I cannot imagine what possessed those children to do something like this. It's a horrible case in the first place, but given the perpetrators ages it just makes it all the more chilling. It makes me so sad not only for the loss of Angie's life, but also because these kids were capable of doing that. I think they're past rehabilitation now, once evil sets in that young I don't really know if it's possible to turn it around. It goes beyond murder, it's plain torture and sadistic behaviour. I wonder what the girls' childhoods were like, whether there was any history of abuse, or whether they were just born evil.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JR Rainwater
Back