MI - Daniel Parks, 31, murdered, Davison, 5 April 2016 *Arrest*

Just_Simply_Red

Verified insider - Steven Zelich case
Reaction score
A body was found today in Davison, Michigan. Right next door to me. In my neighbors shed. Unfortunately, I seen the young man face down. Not a sight I wanted to see. They haven't identified the body as of yet but looking around online, somebody said that it was their friend and they were missing in February but the police weren't even looking. My neighbor has been taken into custody for questioning but he is not yet a suspect.

http://www.mlive.com/news/flint/index.ssf/2016/04/person_in_custody_for_question.html

How sad. How scary for you to know that he was killed near your home. RIP young man.

My 16 year old son and some of his friends have been over there helping the old man out with things around his house, taking his dogs out, and getting his mail. Never once was anything suspect about him. But then his ex-wife stopped me while getting my mail this evening and she had said that part of the reason for her divorcing him was because she was scared of him. He is a war vet and has been through and seen quite a lot. Now, I'm not saying he did it. But some things are just not adding up.

My heart is heavy for this young mans mother and all of his family. It hurts to know that he was reported missing in February but neither the Davison police nor the Michigan State Police have done anything to help.

That is the man, Mr. Murphy's house where the body was found. He was only being taken in for questioning and not considered a suspect at this time.

However, from talking to another neighbor that I'm close with, I found out a few things. One, that Mr. Murphy allegedly asked my other neighbor that I'm close with to help him move the body. However, that neighbor called the police instead.

That is the man, Mr. Murphy's house where the body was found. He was only being taken in for questioning and not considered a suspect at this time.

However, from talking to another neighbor that I'm close with, I found out a few things. One, that Mr. Murphy allegedly asked my other neighbor that I'm close with to help him move the body. However, that neighbor called the police instead.

Interesting that he would ask someone for help to move a body and not realize that most people would not want to be involved or would call the police. I wonder if he has any dementia issues. So glad that your son and friends weren't harmed by him.

There are several missing persons in Michigan whose cases are mentioned on the Missing forum. I wonder if the deceased young man is among those missing?

Man faces murder, mutilation charges after body found in shed

DAVISON TWP, MI -- Charges have been authorized against a 68-year-old Davison Township man after the discovery of a man in a shed at a Genesee County mobile home park.

Related: 68-year-old man arrested in connection with body found in shed

The Genesee County Prosecutor's Office has authorized charges against Michael O. Murphy of first-degree homicide, disinternment/mutilation of a dead body, and felony firearms.

Police have identified the victim as 31-year-old Clarkston resident Daniel Parks. An autopsy that's been completed indicated foul play...

http://www.mlive.com/news/flint/ind...s_murder_mutilation_ch.html#incart_river_home

Did these two know each other?

There haven't been updates on this story since yesterday. This article suggests that Parks is 38 :waitasec:

Body of man found in shed in Davison Township identified

By NBC25 Newsroom |Thursday, April 7th 2016

DAVISON TOWNSHIP — Davison Township police have released the name of the man found dead in a shed in Davison Township on Tuesday.

The body of 38-year-old Daniel Parks of Clarkston was found at 129 Mountainwood in a shed...

http://nbc25news.com/news/local/body-of-man-found-in-shed-in-davison-township-identified

Just_Simply_Red, do you have any new information on the case?

Well thank goodness the neighbor called. AND thank goodness nothing happened to your son or any of his friends. You just never know anymore!

There haven't been updates on this story since yesterday. This article suggests that Parks is 38 :waitasec:

Body of man found in shed in Davison Township identified

By NBC25 Newsroom |Thursday, April 7th 2016

DAVISON TOWNSHIP — Davison Township police have released the name of the man found dead in a shed in Davison Township on Tuesday.

The body of 38-year-old Daniel Parks of Clarkston was found at 129 Mountainwood in a shed...

http://nbc25news.com/news/local/body-of-man-found-in-shed-in-davison-township-identified

Just_Simply_Red, do you have any new information on the case?

Nothing aside from what is being reported in the media...

However, Daniel Parks was 31, not 38. I think that was a typo on NBS 25s part.

Can't find any updates about this case online. Wonder why he was killed?

September 2016
Details emerged Wednesday, Sept. 7, during a preliminary exam in the case against Michael O. Murphy.

Murphy, 68, is charged with first-degree murder, felony firearm and disinterment of a dead body for the death of 31-year-old Daniel Parks.

(...)

Murphy allegedly told Morrish that his ex-wife sent a man to his house months earlier and the man attacked him. Murphy said he tried fighting back and eventually shot the man with a .22-caliber rifle. He then retrieved a higher-powered rifle and shot him again.
http://www.mlive.com/news/flint/index.ssf/2016/09/man_tried_to_cut_op_body_and_a.html

70-year-old pleads to killing man, storing his body in shed

http://www.mlive.com/news/flint/index.ssf/2018/03/plea_deal_reached_in_davison_t.html

A plea agreement has been reached for a 70-year-old man accused of killing a 31-year-old Clarkston man and placing the body in a shed outside a Davison Township mobile home.

Michael Oliver Murphy pleaded no contest last week in Genesee Circuit Court to second-degree murder after Daniel Parks' body was found April 5, 2016, at Davison East Mobile Home Park.

He's due to be sentenced April 9 in front of Genesee Circuit Judge Judith A. Fullerton.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RayaCo
Back