TX - Ronald Howard executed for '92 murder of Trooper Bill Davidson

Jeana (DP)

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Well, it took 13 LONG years, but Killer who claimed rap influence executed in Texas

HUNTSVILLE, Texas (AP) — A man was executed Thursday for gunning down a Texas state trooper in 1992, a slaying his trial attorneys had argued was prompted by anti-police rap music.

For his final statement, Ronald R. Howard looked at the trooper's widow, daughter and brother and said he hoped "this helps a little. I don't know how, but I hope it helps."

As the drugs were administered, he lifted his head from the gurney and said, "I'm going home."

Twelve minutes later, he was pronounced dead.

The slain trooper's widow and daughter, who were standing next to the window, hugged and kissed as the 32-year-old Howard slipped into unconsciousness.

"Today justice has been served," said Linda Davidson, widow of Department of Public Safety Officer Bill Davidson. "It's real frustrating the wheels of justice turn very slowly."

Howard was executed for killing the 43-year-old Davidson during a traffic stop outside Edna, about 100 miles southwest of Houston.

At the time of the shooting, Howard, then 18 and a father of four, was on probation for burglary.

Defense lawyers argued at his trial that Howard's constant exposure to gangsta rap music and its anti-police messages influenced him to pull the trigger.

www.dallasnews.com

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back