Tim Cotten's statement

The spelling of the surname in some documents is "Cotton" but in the handwritten statement he writes his name as "Cotten".

However as listed as an inmate in Crittenden County jail it is spelled "Cotton".

Surname is spelled "Cotton" as listed as inmate arrested January 2016 Crittenden.

My apologies - I don't know how to edit the title of this thread .

It seems like TC made that statement to shift focus from himself to anyone else he could frame.

Law enforcement was under the assumption that TC made this statement because he thought it would help him out of another jam he himself was in (forgot what he was in for now).

But it's important to note that, in addition to this statement, LGH is also implicated in the Guy/Stewart affidavit: http://law2.umkc.edu/faculty/projec...am-hobbs-and-john-mark-byers-court-filing.pdf

Quite honestly, if teens were involved in this crime, I feel like this is exactly how it would pan out -- with all of them blaming the other. You have Bud L. blaming JM (the shoes incident). You have JM blaming the WM3 as a whole (after implicating two other teens in DE and JB's place); You have TC blaming LG; You have Guy/Stewart blaming LG. My point is, I always figured that, if teens committed and knew about this crime, that it would get out in some way, eventually, who actually did it -- because these are teens we are talking about here; a group of teens, on top of it. Nothing would ever stay secret in a group of teens. I'm not saying that teens were involved -- or that this proves teens were involved -- simply stating a belief.

It seems like TC made that statement to shift focus from himself to anyone else he could frame.

Law enforcement was under the assumption that TC made this statement because he thought it would help him out of another jam he himself was in (forgot what he was in for now).

But it's important to note that, in addition to this statement, LGH is also implicated in the Guy/Stewart affidavit: http://law2.umkc.edu/faculty/projec...am-hobbs-and-john-mark-byers-court-filing.pdf

Quite honestly, if teens were involved in this crime, I feel like this is exactly how it would pan out -- with all of them blaming the other. You have Bud L. blaming JM (the shoes incident). You have JM blaming the WM3 as a whole (after implicating two other teens in DE and JB's place); You have TC blaming LG; You have Guy/Stewart blaming LG. My point is, I always figured that, if teens committed and knew about this crime, that it would get out in some way, eventually, who actually did it -- because these are teens we are talking about here; a group of teens, on top of it. Nothing would ever stay secret in a group of teens. I'm not saying that teens were involved -- or that this proves teens were involved -- simply stating a belief.

This I totally agree with. Although I do genuinely believe JM had nothing to do with any of it and that his "confessions" were completely coerced and not a case of "blaming" it on someone else (just for the record, not saying you're claiming he was involved or anything like that).

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back