A Vehicle For 'Fido' - what do you think?

Casshew

Former Member
Reaction score
Honda Motor Co. plans to introduce a pet-friendly minivan at the Tokyo Motor Show later this month.

The vehicle is equipped with a glove compartment that converts into a carriage big enough to fit a medium-sized dog. For larger pooches, the second three seat rows change into a holding pen.

Other features include washable seats, sidings and easy-to-clean panel floors that replace the typical carpeting finish.

The vehicle will not be available in the United States. Honda only has plans to test the vehicle in Japan. The company does plan to announce a new line of "Travel Dog" accessories.

Honda hopes to take advantage of a new dynamic in Japan, where the government recently announced that there is an all-time low in the fertility rate of women and there is an increasing number of dog and cat owners in the country.

"The two big growth sectors are empty nesters and single women," explained Toshio Takahara, the chairman of the Pet Food Manufacturers Association of Japan. "They like little dogs, Chihuahuas, dachshunds."

http://wcco.com/watercooler/local_story_280140329.html

Cool! Too bad it's not available in the U.S. and that the pet carrier isn't big enough for a lab...:(

Linas, if it catches on I am sure North America will have them soon.. and maybe even big enough for a lab :crazy:

LinasK said:
Cool! Too bad it's not available in the U.S. and that the pet carrier isn't big enough for a lab...:(
Wonder if it's big enough for a bratty 6 year old? :waitasec:

I will have to suggest it to my friend!:D

Linda7NJ said:
Wonder if it's big enough for a bratty 6 year old? :waitasec:

I will have to suggest it to my friend!:D
LOL it may be big enough - but probably illegal to use it that way :D

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics