UK - Teen girls arrested for trying to kidnap 2 year old, Newcastle, 14 April 2016

flutterby

Reaction score
Two teenage girls have been arrested on suspicion of kidnapping a three-year-old girl in Newcastle city centre.
A large-scale search was launched when the child went missing from the Primark store in Northumberland Street shortly before 17:00 BST on Wednesday.
She was found just over an hour later a few miles away in Gosforth and "quickly reunited with her mother", police said.
The teenagers, aged 13 and 14, are in custody on suspicion of child abduction.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-36041764

So glad the little girl was found, how terrible :(

What on earth would two young teenagers want with a toddler?

I can't imagine anything good :( She was take 2.7 miles in an hour. UK & Eire database for all crimes against children have got a great map on Facebook, but I can't find it in MSM. Is it allowed to be posted?

I am really hoping this turns out to be "let's take her home and ask mum what we should do", rather than a Jamie Bulger scenario.

Makes me shudders that the teen killers from last weeks trial were the exact same ages when they murdered Angela Wrightson.

There has been hardly anything about this anywhere. Its very local to me, and nobody is talking about it.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I feel like the media are being super vague about this. Or maybe it's the police? But at this stage, we really don't know anything at all

Such a crazy case. How did they get so far? Why kidnap the girl? So many questions.

Im really sorry I dont know how to link on my phone, I should really learn. The evening chronicle are reporting that the girls have been charged with sexually motivated kidnap and shoplifting dummies, bottles and milk.

Im really sorry I dont know how to link on my phone, I should really learn. The evening chronicle are reporting that the girls have been charged with sexually motivated kidnap and shoplifting dummies, bottles and milk.

Sexual motivation? Teenage girls? With a toddler? :( I can't recall seeing a case like that here before...:(

Me either, they are young teenagers as well. And it was obviously thought out and planned with the items they had shoplifted. Its horrific.

If they're charged with intent to commit a sexual offence, that means they didn't actually do anything, right?

If they're charged with intent to commit a sexual offence, that means they didn't actually do anything, right?

This whole case is very bizarre, I can't see how they had time to do anything luckily. From what I've read the sequence of events seems to be

- lured the girl away from her parent/carer or took advantage of a child already separated in a large shop
- took her to a nearby underground station and waited for a train (I'm assuming this from the DM article that says police activity near a metro station at the other end)
- waited for train/maybe some time to decide which way to go/maybe just got on the first one that came along
- got off train and walked to the park/shops area
- went into the Sainsburys where they were spotted (did they shoplift there?)
- went to the park where they were found

That could easily take and hour depending on how long they waited for a train and how long the journey takes and is all very public. I wonder if they were planning to meet someone else in the park to hand over the girl.

It doesn't bear thinking about.

One thing I did find odd is the reporting that Primark are co-operating with the police - why wouldn't they, it's hardly their fault that it happened in their store

Me either, they are young teenagers as well. And it was obviously thought out and planned with the items they had shoplifted. Its horrific.

I'm going to disagree with you on this, to me it doesn't seem well planned, having to shoplift essentials suggests that it wasn't well thought out at all. Not spur of the moment though as the charges indicate that there must have been some kind of premeditation but I wonder if it was part of some loose kind of plan to find a child as some unspecified time and the opportunity presented itself on that day.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cyberanalyst0303
Back