Identified! IL - DuPage Co., Boy, 3-5, found in laundry bag, Oct'05 - Atzel Olmedo

Reaction score
Website
www.jrbuilders.com
Cause Of Death Not Immediately Known

POSTED: 12:25 pm CDT October 9, 2005
UPDATED: 1:18 pm CDT October 9, 2005

CHICAGO -- DuPage County detectives are investigating why the remains of a boy were found in a heavily wooded area Saturday in unincorporated Naperville Township near Warrenville, officials said.

Deputies received a call from an unidentified person at about 4 p.m. who reported finding the remains near the intersection of Ferry and Meadow roads, according to the DuPage County Sheriff's police spokeswoman Carol Roegner.

An autopsy was expected to be conducted Sunday, the DuPage County coroner's office Web site stated.

Roegner did not know the circumstances of how the body was found or who placed the call.

The area around Meadow Road was sealed off Sunday morning.

Investigators were scheduled to return to the scene Sunday afternoon to search for additional clues.

Any idea who it could be?

Any young boy missing from the Chicago area?

could be richard paul holland, from williamston MI (about 4 hrs away).....? although chicago's a big city, so who knows....

I've not seen anything released about an age on the victim, or even if this is a recent death, or just perhaps remains. Not sure, but this is just under an hour from me and we get the same local news. If I see anything new I'll post ASAP.

Ricky Holland...missing since 2 July,05...about an hour from me...and it seems no one cares.Seven years old....initially listed as a "runaway"...ummm..don't know where I've been but last time I checked,a 7 y/o could only run away if you knew where he was. LE did dig up adoptive parents back yard, and there was an article on him in Twilight Kingdom.I'm venting...sorry...it's just I don't understand why this little child can't get the publicity that others have...I hope it's his body and I hope it isn't his body. His picture just haunts me.

NanaMcZoo said:
Ricky Holland...missing since 2 July,05...about an hour from me...and it seems no one cares.Seven years old....initially listed as a "runaway"...ummm..don't know where I've been but last time I checked,a 7 y/o could only run away if you knew where he was. LE did dig up adoptive parents back yard, and there was an article on him in Twilight Kingdom.I'm venting...sorry...it's just I don't understand why this little child can't get the publicity that others have...I hope it's his body and I hope it isn't his body. His picture just haunts me.
Here's the link to the thread in the Missing forum about Ricky.

Thank you... I'm one of those people that think media attention should be given to ALL missing...granted,that would require a 24 hour new news network...but hell...I'd watch it...someone,somewhere,knows something. Thanks for letting me vent.

NanaMcZoo said:
Thank you... I'm one of those people that think media attention should be given to ALL missing...granted,that would require a 24 hour new news network...but hell...I'd watch it...someone,somewhere,knows something. Thanks for letting me vent.
I'm all for that 24 hour news on the missing...what good it could do :)

Welcome to WS NanaMcZoo :)

chicoliving said:
I'm all for that 24 hour news on the missing...what good it could do :)

Welcome to WS NanaMcZoo :)

I agree with that

yes, i keep hearing about that too, i wonder what the heck is taking so long....???? they have all that other worthless garbage on TV, and you mean to tell me they can't have a 24-hr missing persons' network?? please!

and you know everyone would watch it, considering all the interest in missing people these days.

reb said:
yes, i keep hearing about that too, i wonder what the heck is taking so long....???? they have all that other worthless garbage on TV, and you mean to tell me they can't have a 24-hr missing persons' network?? please!

and you know everyone would watch it, considering all the interest in missing people these days.

I agree that I think alot more people would probably watch then they think. What if people from all over started doing like public access about this. Like people got together on the internet and all live in different areas and all try to get a show on public access. The could have there own site to maintain and discuss each show that would be on in each different state and city that people signed up to try to get this going.

They could discuss all the missing people that would be on each show for that week and make sure that they get all the details of the disapearence as possible and have the website on the bottem of the television would be linked to the same one and when people come to the website they could see the other missing people that were aired on the other public access channels.

Then I would imagine if you started something like that then maybe it would gain some bigger ups and news worthyness about all of these people going all through out the world starting a public access show but with one name behind it. I don't know if that made any sense but tell if it didn't and I will try to clear it up....sometimes I get ahead of myself and don't know if what I am writing speaks the way I would like...

I think it would be a great thing to do, just a half hour or hour public access show and have a certain number to discuss in each show and then tell people about the website to look at more pics and news. And then maybe we can get what we want, we could talk about how it would be great to get a 24 hour tv channel dedicated for all the missing and tell them to sign the petition on the website and maybe some big wig would do it.

I know I know maybe to big a dream, but it would be great if we could give the missing a voice.

Mindi

the way i see it, the only downside to this would be:

it could give creeps, perverts, and murderers enough knowledge to stay one step ahead, or do better not to get caught next time.

other than that, i think it could help solve a lot of cases, and perhaps catch a lot of the perpetrators... considering how much time america spends watching TV!

reb said:

it could give creeps, perverts, and murderers enough knowledge to stay one step ahead, or do better not to get caught next time.

other than that, i think it could help solve a lot of cases, and perhaps catch a lot of the perpetrators... considering how much time america spends watching TV!
Somewhere here on the forum are the threads on Oprah's show....since last week three sexual predators have been caught due to her showcase of the pervs and her offer of $100K to those that give the tip that lands them. That's a darn good start imo. Whatever it takes.....

[font=Georgia,Times New Roman,Times,serif]Thinking back to Ted Turner and his zillions...starting up CNN,etc... why couldn't someone...( NON-POLITICAL ) i.e.,Donald Trump,Bill Gates,Oprah, etc.....start a show focusing on the MISSING...24/7...I mean how hard could it be...they would have a new listing every second so it would be fresh news, unfortunately....then have special times to hi-lite the older missing cases. I know,not everyone would watch,but I think a lot would. Especially if it were commercial free,unless of course they were to offer safety items...like the Carly Alarm backpack,etc...just rambling thoughts...wondering what it's gonna take,to stop the madness. [/font]

[font=Georgia,Times New Roman,Times,serif]I snatched the above from my own forum instead of trying to re-type what I wrote....I think your idea is more plausible tho. The bottom line is,most people are curious...and would tune in just to check it out...and one of those people could have an epiphany and realize..."hey...I just saw that man/woman/child" and I CAN do something !!! Even the tiny town I'm in has a public access channel...maybe there is hope !!!

[/font]

NanaMcZoo said:
[font=Georgia,Times New Roman,Times,serif]Thinking back to Ted Turner and his zillions...starting up CNN,etc... why couldn't someone...( NON-POLITICAL ) i.e.,Donald Trump,Bill Gates,Oprah, etc.....start a show focusing on the MISSING...24/7...I mean how hard could it be...they would have a new listing every second so it would be fresh news, unfortunately....then have special times to hi-lite the older missing cases. I know,not everyone would watch,but I think a lot would. Especially if it were commercial free,unless of course they were to offer safety items...like the Carly Alarm backpack,etc...just rambling thoughts...wondering what it's gonna take,to stop the madness. [/font]

[font=Georgia,Times New Roman,Times,serif]I snatched the above from my own forum instead of trying to re-type what I wrote....I think your idea is more plausible tho. The bottom line is,most people are curious...and would tune in just to check it out...and one of those people could have an epiphany and realize..."hey...I just saw that man/woman/child" and I CAN do something !!! Even the tiny town I'm in has a public access channel...maybe there is hope !!!

[/font]

Yeah that is what i was thinking...every town and place has public access.

And I want to comment on what you wrote reb I would hate to give and perps a heads up or right and wrong ways, but I already think they are a step ahead of us. I mean there are so many missing people and noone say anything and lots haven't been found.

I think about Shasta and how lucky she was to have been put on tv and talked about. Because that obviously saved her life, by people seeing her face. I imagine Duncan isn't possibly the only perv to have possibly done this, what if it has been lots of times, where they take the kid or something to eat or a gas station but since some kids don't get any media attention they would have likely not have been noticed. But I totally get what you are saying.

It would be nice if you could get a 24/7 channel and like the poster above said have commericals for safety items also little type commericals for safety info, teaching kids what to do and things to do and all that. We always tell them when we hear something and when something happens but the could really get in depth. Teach them exactlly how to knock the tail lights out if they are in a trunk or whatever we could teach them.

Anything that could save lots of people would be great....

reb said:

I disagree about the downside ... any of those crime TV shows could give them knowledge to stay one step ahead if that were the case ... CSI, Missing, Law & Order, even Greta or Nancy Grace, etc.

I think all these wonderful people donating thousands of dollars like the gentleman (Manamosa? I am sorry for possibly spelling his nam wrong, can't remember it at the moment) could put money towards programming like this.

I am all for a 24/7 show. I'd have it on while sleuthing.
:)

PrayersForMaura said:
I disagree about the downside ... any of those crime TV shows could give them knowledge to stay one step ahead if that were the case ... CSI, Missing, Law & Order, even Greta or Nancy Grace, etc.

I think all these wonderful people donating thousands of dollars like the gentleman (Manamosa? I am sorry for possibly spelling his nam wrong, can't remember it at the moment) could put money towards programming like this.

I am all for a 24/7 show. I'd have it on while sleuthing.
:)
It seems like a good idea to me.

It appears that missing boys/young men do not get the attention that missing girls/young women do. I am currently doing some research into the disappearance of Craig Frear, who vanished from Scotia, NY in 2004. There was some interest at first (talked about on the Montel Williams show), but then it kind of died down. A 24/7 show that would focus on ALL missing people, not just attractive white females, would be wonderful.

NanaMcZoo said:

Any confirmation yet? Is it Ricky? I've thought of this little boy so often, and wondered what happened to him. I wonder when we'll hear the autopsy report. There was some speculation back in July that he may have fallen into a nearby river...

As DuPage County sheriff's police remained tight-lipped Sunday about the body of a young boy found Saturday in unincorporated Naperville, neighbors said they were apprehensive about the discovery and curious about the investigation.

The DuPage County coroner's office conducted an autopsy Sunday but did not release results.

Sheriff's investigators could not be reached for comment Sunday, and a news release said only that a telephone tip led police to the body about 4 p.m. Saturday.

The statement, released before the autopsy, said the boy's age and race are unknown.

Two sheriff's squad cars remained at the site Sunday afternoon.

Peterson, who has lived on Meadow for 18 years, said he heard the body was found by a resident walking a dog.

"I noticed police were walking up and down the street with their dogs at about 4 p.m.," he said.

He said police investigators have asked residents questions but haven't provided many answers.

Peterson said an officer told him the body had decomposed somewhat--but police would not confirm that or say how long the body might have been there.
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/chi-0510100171oct10,1,7037360.story?coll=chi-news-hed

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10
Back