MD - Firefighter John Ulmschneider, 39, slain, 2nd FF injured, 15 April 2016

What the actual *advertiser censored** as my teenage daughter would say!
Who in their right mind shoots a fire-fighter?
:stormingmad:

words fail! i have heard several stories about these sub-humans calling in for ems and fire department, knowing they will be sent and shooting at and/or killing them. :thundermad:

"After no one answered the door, firefighters entered, and someone fired at Ulmschneider, Swain and the family member who had called 911, the fire department said."

I wonder if maybe the shooter thought he was being robbed or?

What a tragedy😢

"They knocked on the door and received no answer so they began to force entry so they could render care," said Benjamin Barksdale, assistant fire chief for Prince George's County Fire Department.
"As they were forcing entry, several shots were fired from the house through the door, striking two fire department personnel."

http://www.cnn.com/2016/04/16/us/maryland-firefighters-shot/

Firefighters and EMS have to believe when they are called that there is an actual emergency and it seems the homeowner's brother did when he called 911. They should not be ambushed when trying to make entry into a dwelling. I suppose with the gun rights laws there now is a fine line between when the first responders have a right to enter to possibly save a life and when the homeowner has a right to kill them. It is just a very sad state we have come to.

For Firefighter John Ulmschneider, rest in peace...your life should have mattered more, in my opinion. :rose:

Firefighters and EMS have to believe when they are called that there is an actual emergency and it seems the homeowner's brother did when he called 911. They should not be ambushed when trying to make entry into a dwelling. I suppose with the gun rights laws there now is a fine line between when the first responders have a right to enter to possibly save a life and when the homeowner has a right to kill them. It is just a very sad state we have come to.

For Firefighter John Ulmschneider, rest in peace...your life should have mattered more, in my opinion. :rose:

This is the second case in recent time that I know of. The other was when wife called 911 for her husband. Husband then opened fire because he thought somebody broke in.
If that is legal, why should fire fighters and paramedics risk their life trying to save someone?

http://www.wusa9.com/news/local/tem...icted-in-shooting-of-md-firefighter/273070590

The suspect who fatally shot a Prince George's County firefighter and injured another in Temple Hills back in April is charged with six count of weapon charges, but was not indicted for murder charges, police said Thursday afternoon.

http://wjla.com/news/local/man-indicted-on-gun-charges-after-killing-pg-firefighter-who-entered-home

Authorities said that [Darrell] Lumpkin had a prior criminal record and was not allowed to own a gun.

He is not being charged in relation to the actual shooting death, which was deemed accidental and in self-defense.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back