Found Deceased RI - Alicia Storti, 21, URI student, South County, 15 April 2016

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
Police, family search for missing college student

13015255_10209331492466637_4814266774046253263_n.jpg

Police are searching for a missing University of Rhode Island student.

South Kingstown police say Alicia Storti was last seen on Thursday in South County.
https://m.facebook.com/alicia.storti

http://wpri.com/2016/04/16/police-family-earch-for-missing-college-student/

The part about her having no wallet and no cell phone with her is the scary thing

The part about her having no wallet and no cell phone with her is the scary thing
Agreed and the articles aren't giving any details...who had she been with, what was her state of mind, was a car available to her......etc.

Talk about a lack of info! Did she live with roommates in Wakefield or with her family? For those not familiar with URI, most upperclassmen live off campus in houses rented with friends. URI is in a quiet area of RI near beautiful beaches. I was fortunate to graduate from URI (admittedly several years ago in 1999) and never once felt unsafe there or in the surrounding towns.

Very worried about this young woman. According to the missing person's poster (attached), which I found on the FB missing page, Alicia took her cell phone with her, but it has been turned off, though I should also point out that I am still seeing conflicting reports by MSM as to whether she has her phone.

It is very worrisome that according to the FB page, the starting point for the search today is a pond that is located inside a state park ("Arcadia Beach Pond Recreation Area" at Beach Pond State Park; it looks massive on google maps ... a quick google search shows that the "pond" consists of approximately 430 acres) that is a 30- to 40-minute drive away from where she was last seen. It has been reported that Alicia left on foot, and I am not seeing any means of public transportation to get to Beach Pond from South Kingstown, so I wonder how she would have gotten there, and about the reason as to why the searchers are focusing on this area ....

12986996_1593239260993096_6033276980921964512_n.jpg

This makes no sense at all.

Transportation is missing on foot? But they are searching a pond that's 30-40 mins away? It would take her hours to walk from Wakefield to ct border.

My guess is the phone last pinged there... But how did she get there? Not to mention, why a pond in westerly when there's miles and miles of ocean right near URI.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This one's not making much sense to me - so little info including where she was last seen, when & by whom. Not to mention why the pond area is being searched :thinking:

I'm reading that her mom has gone missing looking for her - I hope she's ok too! [video=twitter;722108280668078081]https://twitter.com/CierraReporter/status/722108280668078081[/video]

Are you kidding me?!

Alicia Storti's family searching area because family friend in Florida had a premonition she was by Route 165 @NBC10

I live in Rhode Island and there really is not much news. There was a search today. But no updating.

So she left her house at midnight with just a cell phone?
Sounds like she ran out to meet someone.

This one's not making much sense to me - so little info including where she was last seen, when & by whom. Not to mention why the pond area is being searched :thinking:

I'm reading that her mom has gone missing looking for her - I hope she's ok too!

~Quote snipped for space~

http://turnto10.com/news/local/south-kingstown-police-looking-for-missing-woman

From the link above.... "A family friend in Florida said she had a premonition that Storti was near Route 165, and volunteers searched the wooded area to the south of the highway since the morning."

Very worried about this young woman. According to the missing person's poster (attached), which I found on the FB missing page, Alicia took her cell phone with her, but it has been turned off, though I should also point out that I am still seeing conflicting reports by MSM as to whether she has her phone.

It is very worrisome that according to the FB page, the starting point for the search today is a pond that is located inside a state park ("Arcadia Beach Pond Recreation Area" at Beach Pond State Park; it looks massive on google maps ... a quick google search shows that the "pond" consists of approximately 430 acres) that is a 30- to 40-minute drive away from where she was last seen. It has been reported that Alicia left on foot, and I am not seeing any means of public transportation to get to Beach Pond from South Kingstown, so I wonder how she would have gotten there, and about the reason as to why the searchers are focusing on this area ....

View attachment 92094

That's what I was wondering too when I saw the photo of the "starting area" for the search. I had to go back to confirm the last place she was reported as having been seen was at home. I'm confused.

Praying Alicia is found safe. IMO

I'm really surprised there's not more information..

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back