Found Deceased VA - Nicole Clardy Mittendorff, 31, Woodbridge, 13 April 2016 - #2

beach

Verified Expert
Reaction score
12987216_489055074629478_7971566337597184529_n.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/FindNicoleNow/

13051613_489004001301252_5054522628265481033_n.jpg

http://find-nicole.com/

https://www.facebook.com/SaveTheNextGirl/

Thread #1

Social Media

Below are the approved Social Media pages that are okay to link and reference.
(This is subject to change - a mod will advise and changes will be edited within this post.)

Find Nicole Now - Offical Facebook Support Page

Find Nicole.com

Help Save The Next Girl

Please review our Rules, including a more in-depth version of our Social Media Rules and Forum Etiquette linked here.

• Links may be used to direct members to a post by the owner or an admin of an approved social media page/profile.
  • Posts by an owner or admin may be copied or quoted. This refers primarily to posts or tweets by MSM reporters, and announcements by law enforcement, the immediate family, or the admin of a group support page.
  • Paraphrasing is okay.
  • ***NOTE: Comments and posts by readers/visitors of these pages are not allowed to be quoted, copied or referenced. Just don’t mention them.
  • Regarding group support pages, i.e., "Help Find..." and "Justice for...”: If at any time the WS staff determines a group support page to be inappropriate, a notice will be posted in the thread stating that the page is no longer approved.

Further Clarification

We work hard at Websleuths to deal with FACTS only. Speculation is fine as long as it is based on the facts known to us. The facts are usually derived via credible sources, e.g. LE statements, press conferences and MSM sources. We do not permit rumors. Rumors only muddy the waters and lead to confusion & misinformation. So, no references to a possible pregnancy, miscarriage, affair(s), pending divorce, etc.. We are aware of all those rumors (and more!) which are only able to be sourced by unknown people posting on unreliable sites. We do not do that here. If it can't be linked, it should not be referenced. If anyone comes across something that they feel may be important to this case and it can be verified as a fact, please PM myself or a moderator to review.

Thanks in advance for your cooperation and participation.

Last, but not least - a big :welcome6: to all newcomers following Nicole's case. Happy to have you join us!

The VSP and FFX Co FD are very close...IMO, they are working very closely on this case and each department could easily influence the overall path of this investigation. But you are correct, VSP is in charge and to some degree NM is one of their own.

Woodbridge, VA has been reported as where NM lives - Woodbridge is in Prince William County, VA (Southern end of the DC/Northern VA Metro Area)

Fairview Fire Station #32 (NM's work station) is at 5600 Burke Centre Pkwy, Fairfax Station, VA 22039 - in Fairfax County, VA. (Pretty much a central location for Fairfax County)

CrossFit Warrenton is her reported CrossFit Team/Group/Location at 32-34 S. Second Street, Warrenton, VA 20186 - in Fauquier County, VA (moving West of Fairfax County and becoming increasingly more rural with each mile in most directions from this point)

Syria, VA - is in Madison County, VA and is near the area of the Shenandoah National Park near the Whiteout Canyon Trail & Old Rag Fire Roads (Not exactly sure where this location originated from so please fill me in. Also, have specifics been reported about what parking lot her car was located? Everything I read is non-specific.

A Google Map with all these locations is at this link https://goo.gl/maps/NKKPwsHFRP42 for reference and comparison to the National Park Maps/Trails below....

Shenandoah National Park Map:
https://www.nps.gov/shen/planyourvisit/upload/whole_park.pdf

Shenandoah National Park - CLOSURES ASSOCIATED WITH ONGOING SEARCH (April 19, 2016) - https://www.nps.gov/shen/planyourvisit/alerts.htm - Also lists closures & links to fire area on a map.
Whiteoak Trail
Cedar Run Trail
Cedar Run Link Trail
Limberlost Trail
Crescent Rocks Trail
Skyland to Big Meadows Horse Trail between the Whiteoak Canyon Trail and the Old Rag Fire Road

Just thought it might help create reference and travel paths to consider. Also, it is VERY common for residents to live further south than Woodbridge or further west than Culpeper, Warrenton or even Front Royal to commute daily into the Fairfax or DC area for work. There are park and rides, van-pools, etc....

Also, IMO she seems like the unlikely type to call in sick for a shift on Wednesday to go for a run or training mission that far out of the way. From all accounts I would be willing to bet that she is NOT the call in sick type, which is why when she ALSO did NOT call/show on Friday the red flags w/ horns blazing started.

Praying she's found soon.

from the Facebook https://www.facebook.com/FindNicoleNow/?fref=photo

"The family requests that the public please do not call Virginia State Police or other agencies unless someone has information about Nicole’s whereabouts. This pulls resources away from the search for Nicole. If a time comes when volunteers or other resources are needed, word will be put out."

This whole case about asking for help to 'find Nicole' and then discouraging volunteers etc. is very frustrating. What exactly is the facebook asking for?? At some point one has to wonder-are they really looking for help or are they saying-yes, it is out there-she is missing, but keep it all on the downlow.
It is a very mixed message.

Just my opinion

Re: cellphone data

Not replying to a particular comment in general, but to how cellphone data works and what might have happened regarding the files that the police recently obtained.

Before I get way into it, I want to touch on the maps angle - Waze, a popular app similar to Google Maps that provides driving directions, allows you to download the maps and then utilize the app without mobile data on, just GPS. You can definitely access usable maps by downloading them before turning off data and then utilizing Waze or a similar app.

Anyways, back to how mobile data works.

Basically, smartphones "phone home" whenever you use mobile data, place calls, or send texts. It's not quite as simple as that but that's the gist. So all of that information exists both on the phone and on the provider's servers/elsewhere *at the time of* the functionality being utilized. Two parties have that information at any given time - whomever has the phone in their physical possession and the service provider.

In addition to that, most service providers give usage statistics for these functions attached to the user's online account. (You all probably know this.) This may or may not include mobile data and when it was used. The service providers that I have personally used have all included this information in my monthly statement. This doesn't really refer to "files" being downloaded but *data* being downloaded (data does not always mean files). Which may be where some of the confusion surrounding these files that the police obtained from the service provider and how the family knew that they were files.

It's not too far fetched to assume that NM's husband or family (heck, my parents could probably guess my service provider account's password, not just my spouse) could gain access to her service provider's account, especially if it was a shared plan with her husband/family. Based on the information within her account, they could have probably seen her using mobile data at suspicious times. Based on that, they could have assumed she was downloading files. They would not have access to the data itself (specifics would be kept within the service provider's servers and on the physical device itself, barring the data being deleted).

Glad they got the files! Hope it wasn't something meaningless, like Snapchat stories or Spotify playlists. :/ Maps would be great.

Thank you Beach for your hard work on Nicole's case.

On behalf of Websleuths I'd like to welcome all our new members and visitors.

If you have any questions feel free to email websleuthscomments@gmail.com

In addition to the great post Beach started the thread out with I would like to add just a couple of easy things to remember.

Don't be a jerk when you post. If someone is being a jerk to you do not respond. Hit the alert button. It's the red triangle in the lower left-hand corner of the post.

That's it. Very simple :)

Thank you for your contributions to the discussion of Nicole's disappearance.

You never know who is reading at Websleuths and you never know when an idea you suggest ends up helping the case.

Take Care,
Tricia Griffith
Owner/Websleuths.com

There just might be 2 camps in this disappearance. Those trying to find her and those trying to shut it all down. Something is off. Closing ranks is one thing. I get that-but then you have a public plea for help and attorneys and whatnot. Oh, and a Fire Department putting out their own '911'? Who is writing what....who is in charge. I hope this lady is found safe and no scandal attached. To ANYONE.

I think she may have committed suicide :( It breaks my heart to say/type. I remember Leanne Bearden and Jennifer Huston, RIP beautiful women! Both had a lot going for them. My heart aches for their families. Reading the last thread about Nicole just reminds me so much of them.

"The next day, there was no phone call made. From there, the phone calls started happening," Hall said. "Nicole if you can hear us, reach out to us, give us a call," Hall said. "Your home is still here. We're waiting for you."

The part "Your home is still here. We're waiting for you." why would they say "Your home is still here." if they think she was met with foul play? I think they are trying to let her know, if she is still alive, watching/reading the news that things can be worked out. Hall saying that is just haunting me.

For those not familiar with the trails and SNP area near where NM's car was found, you can get a pretty good idea of the terrain & trails from this article in the Rappahannock News. There is no information about NM in the article that hasn't been widely reported already, but the descriptions of the area from Hunt Harris may be helpful when trying to understand the search area.

http://www.rappnews.com/2016/04/20/missing-hiker-wildfires-taxes-national-park/148106/

Like everyone else, I hope NM is found safe and found soon. There is rain in the forecast for Friday, which is good news for the fire, but not the search.

This is my first post so I'm hoping I did this correctly. If not please let me know.

For those not familiar with the trails and SNP area near where NM's car was found, you can get a pretty good idea of the terrain & trails from this article in the Rappahannock News. There is no information about NM in the article that hasn't been widely reported already, but the descriptions of the area from Hunt Harris may be helpful when trying to understand the search area.

http://www.rappnews.com/2016/04/20/missing-hiker-wildfires-taxes-national-park/148106/

Like everyone else, I hope NM is found safe and found soon. There is rain in the forecast for Friday, which is good news for the fire, but not the search.

This is my first post so I'm hoping I did this correctly. If not please let me know.

Thank you! This is very helpful in terms of getting a better picture of where she went.

It is really helpful if the links to sources actually back up the comments being made by new posters. I am getting frustrated reading comments, then checking the linked resource and there is no mention of it. Welcome to all the newbies and thank you for following the TOS rules.

At this point, I'm really doubting what was claimed/revealed/ perpetuated on SM is irrelevant, here. It would be too coincidental for her to have met with random foul play or a rattlesnake on the trail.

Where are you Nicole? A whole lot of people are concerned and more for you.

Boy it took forever catching up! A few thoughts....in the Fox 5 article it also states NM was recently reassigned from station 30 to 32 but dept wouldnt confirm. This to me shows more towards an issue possibly at work or with coworkers and also goes more towards the issues over the last few months had not resolved. I dont see her using maps to disappear or harm herself. If she intended to harm herself, why bother to call in at all? She being fire and knowing rescue and helping others, would make me think she would less likely disappear in a place as described. I feel she knew too much to fall victim to accident or animal. Im really down to thinking foul play more and more IMO. Did she workout in the other town to see someone? Did she have a significant other? Did she break off with a significant other or spouse recently? Did she call in because she planned to spend time with this person? I think her car was ditched there. If she were dead unburied would crows be circling by now? I think the family prefers to think she disappeared on her own versus foul play and thats why we see their behavior. I think thats common. http:// www.fox5dc.com/news/127262666-story

"f she were dead unburied would crows be circling by now?"

roadrunnermt- do crows circle the deceased overhead? I never heard of that.

Hello everyone, I am one of the new people who signed up to follow this case. I hope that they find her safe and sound, but until then, I am putting together my own little dossier of events to try to piece together what has happened. So far, from what I've seen, it does not look good. My gut is telling me that something really really wrong is going on, but I am sticking to the facts as they come in.

Usually when a missing person is reported, the police will ask if the individual deals with physical or mental disorders, right? She was close to her parents and they would have provided that information to police, who would have mentioned it in the report or to the public by now. They haven't, which makes it less likely (to me) that she wandered off to kill herself. I have no reason to believe that she is depressed or suicidal, until evidence suggests so.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46
Back