TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 April 2016 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.

tlcya

Old and Re-Tired Websleuth
Reaction score
attachment.php

"A fitness trainer and mother of three was murdered in a Dallas-area church Monday morning by a man wearing SWAT gear, police said."

"Boot camp-style exercise class participants who showed up at the Creekside Church of Christ in Midlothian, Tex., around 5 a.m. found their instructor Terri “Missy” Bevers, 45, dead, according to the Midlothian Police Department."

"Fitness trainer Terri (Missy) Bevers, 45, was killed early Monday just before her boot-camp style class, police said. Participants in the Camp Gladiator class found her dead when they arrived to a Midlothian, Tex., church for the workout."

"Police Chief Carl Smith said a man wearing what looked like a tactical helmet, gloves and a heavy vest with "POLICE" written on it could be seen in security camera footage from the E. U.S. Highway 287 church just before Bevers arrived. The department released the 4 a.m. footage Monday afternoon, though Smith said no cameras captured the attack."

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/fitness-instructor-murdered-texas-church-article-1.2606128

Fitness trainer, 45, 'murdered at church by suspect wearing police SWAT gear after she walked in on an attempted burglary'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz46EVdAgSd

LE Update/Presser on April 22, 2016

Questions have swirled around the suspect's identity, but Kristi Stout does not believe her sister-in-law died because she was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

'A lot of us, including myself, think she was targeted,' Stout told NBC DFW.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...tml?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

Link to Midlothian Police Department facebook page. Images (still and video) from the church featuring the perp can be seen here.

Thread #1
Thread #2

The above video says the murderer arrived at 3:58am and our victim just a few minutes later----wow!
It also says that the video shortly thereafter suddenly goes black which to me means the murderer likely disarmed it!

Wow, did he/she want it recorded right up to Missy murder?:moo:

Fine....the other video states 3:58 & 4:00 for the perps arrival & victims arrival. This is the same video that revealed that at one point the video went mysteriously black.

I'm just pointing this out. We are splitting hairs here, really. It was very, very close in time from when the perp arrived until minutes later when she arrived.

Highly suspicious either way, imho.

I am going by what the asst. police chief said, not by what the "news" said.
Just My Opinion.

a quick reminder on the social media rules:

SOCIAL MEDIA LINKS, e.g., FACEBOOK and TWITTER

Approved Pages/Profiles

Individuals
Victim (missing or murdered person)
Suspect (as indicated by LE)

Links may be used to direct members to posts made by a victim or a suspect.
Copying and pasting, or taking screen caps, directly from these pages is not allowed.
Paraphrasing is okay.
Posts by friends and visitors are off limits.
Do not link to an individual’s (victim or suspect) social media page if you are not 100% certain it belongs to the correct individual.
If a social media page is set to private and you get in the back way, you may not post what you find. Private means private!

Public Pages
Mainstream Media (MSM)
Law Enforcement (LE)
Group support pages for victims, such as "Help Find..." and "Justice for...”
Legitimate non-profit organizations who provide assistance and support to victims and their families (e.g., Klass Kids, Texas Equusearch).

Links may be used to direct members to a post by the owner or an admin of an approved social media page/profile.
Posts by an owner or admin may be copied or quoted. This refers primarly to posts or tweets by MSM reporters, and announcements by law enforcement, the immediate family, or the admin of a group support page.
Paraphrasing is okay.
***NOTE: Comments and posts by readers/visitors of these pages are not allowed to be quoted, copied or referenced. Just don’t mention them.
Regarding group support pages, i.e., "Help Find..." and "Justice for...”: If at any time the WS staff determines a group support page to be inappropriate, a notice will be posted in the thread stating that the page is no longer approved.

Not Allowed

Social media pages that fall in the following categories are OFF LIMITS.

Family members of either a victim or a suspect
Friends of either a victim or a suspect
Most any other individual

Don't link to these pages, nor make reference to information you find on them.

Any exception must first be approved by an administrator. You can contact an admininstrator via private message, or send an email to websleuthscomments@gmail.com

EXAMPLE: If a suspect has been arrested for a crime relevant to the discussion topic, and you want to post a Facebook screencap from his/her personal page, you must first obtain approval from administration.

I am assuming it has to be the coat, as its the only article of clothing I would consider a crime as its impersonating a police officer. I just went to 511 and shopped, and I could have bought anything off their site as a civilian. So since its a reputable site evidently, why would authorities be involved for them having gear from this site? I am confused....IMHO

Harp added that it’s unclear how the suspect obtained the tactical gear and impersonating a police officer is a crime, if the suspect isn’t in fact a cop.

Big No-No if you are in the process of committing a crime and impersonating an officer.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...cop-killed-fitness-trainer-inside-church.html

For some reason the last 8 words of that quote sentence is hitting me like a :bricks: :panic: It's just like Bill said. . .

Some folks are questioning the 2 calls made to 911 at 5am from 2 separate campers at the same time.

Imo. Maybe camper 2 thought camper 1 could be whatever. And decided to call 911 as well to make sure just in case. Jmo

Safe than sorry.

Such a tight timeline, but it worked out for her killer.
I just can't get over the tight timeline in this crime. To plan a murder with a 10 minute window of opportunity is amazing. Gutsy. Bold.

The time the killer had to attack her and get away before the first arrival could be even shorter. There is a photo taken near her car and it looks like she unloaded some of her equipment. That could take a few minutes.
I wonder how close the first to arrive came to running into the perp. Probably very close.

Has it been reported what kind of exercise equipment Missy might have kept in the church? She worked several places so you'd think she'd have all her stuff in her car. Why would she need to go indoors if the boot camp was usually held outside?

The time the killer had to attack her and get away before the first arrival could be even shorter. There is a photo taken near her car and it looks like she unloaded some of her equipment. That could take a few minutes.
I wonder how close the first to arrive came to running into the perp. Probably very close.

Ridiculously close considering she turned up so early. Pretty likely they'd have been there at the same time huh?

So did the two campers both discover the body in unison (together) or....separately? I know one camper allegedly showed up early for class, but did two show up early? I would like to know how that played out. If the first one went in, and ran out screaming and the second had arrived and was in their car or under the awning waiting??? I just would like to be able to walk through how that occurred in my minds eye. And I assume these then are the two campers who called her husbands cell....yes? IMHO

I hate to say this but whatever the perp did to kill her had to be instantaneous. That is really disturbing. Due to the time that the first campers saw her it's amazing she didn't still have some sign of life. This thing gets more bizarre by the minute.

For reference: Raw Video - Midlothian PD Press Conference on April 22, 2016

[video=youtube;dFyae4KYe74]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFyae4KYe74[/video]

It's reported she entered the building at 4:20, which actually could give the perp up to about 40 minutes or more if they were to change in their car and then arrive on the scene and asked surprised. There's nothing on the LE timeline saying when or if the perp left. There's any number of variables in here that could lengthen or shorten the time and certain things LE themselves might not know for certain.

Has it been reported what kind of exercise equipment Missy might have kept in the church? She worked several places so you'd think she'd have all her stuff in her car. Why would she need to go indoors if the boot camp was usually held outside?

She could have been lured inside

Ridiculously close considering she turned up so early. Pretty likely they'd have been there at the same time huh?

Yeah, good thing she waited in her car for others to get there...

Has it been said if the camper called from their car, or from inside the church at Missy's side when they found her? I just cannot understand why a second camper would go in to view the body? I would think the first thing (pucker factor) would be to get out of that church, and lock myself in my car with engine running. I would be afraid the killer was still in the church, I could be next. IMHO

I'm not sure what the MPD training video tells us. Obviously, I'm missing something.

:thinking:

Here's a 2013 news report about Urban Shield training, but still... I'm lost.

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Ur...Local-Police-EMS-for-Disasters-231314661.html

This is what I'm trying to figure out...I'm lost too! I have a picture from the event which shows some of the participants and gear, specifically the helmets. I need to know what the dude in the green britches with the red IPhone and black shirt is wearing in his middle?

10273411_661403750603286_1281968083524742399_n.jpg

It's reported she entered the building at 4:20, which actually could give the perp up to about 40 minutes or more if they were to change in their car and then arrive on the scene and asked surprised. There's nothing on the LE timeline saying when or if the perp left. There's any number of variables in here that could lengthen or shorten the time and certain things LE themselves might not know for certain.

I am thinking about the time Missy arrived to the time of the first camper's arrival. That the perp would have a very short time to get away before being seen.
Of course there are lots of variables and I may be missing something but the timeline seems tight.
Give me a minute and I will try to bump the timeline.

Yeah, good thing she waited in her car for others to get there...

I keep thinking maybe she noted something odd. For example, Terri was not going back and forth getting equipment out of the truck, that the truck door was open and there was no sign of Terri, and that she might have seen the SWAT guy and thought she would sit back and watch a bit???? This case is extremely odd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
legalpyro74