Bosma Murder Trial 04.25.16 - Day 39

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sillybilly

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
This is the Bosma murder trial daily discussion thread. The trial daily discussion thread is for discussion of trial evidence/testimony only, not for general discussion, posts about past threads, other members, etc. Off-topic posts will be removed.

Note: Only testimony that is published through MSM reporting (articles and tweets) is allowed. Keep discussion focused on testimony as it becomes public knowledge and remember to link up to MSM reporting of same.

Any testimony that might remain under Publication Ban, and any courtroom discussion that takes place when the jury is not present, is strictly off-limits. Posts that violate a Publication Ban, or discussion when the jury is absent, will be removed.

At all times, keep in mind Websleuths TOS, so affectionately referred to as The Rules.

There will be ZERO TOLERANCE for snarky or disrespectful posts and/or subtle digs at other members. Mods will not be PMing you with explanations, you will find your post has disappeared, or that you can no longer post.

There is to be NO name calling or name variations, not even of the accused.

There is to be no BICKERING between members. A difference of opinion is NOT a TOS violation. Some will think one or both of the accused are guilty, some will think one or both are not guilty, and some will be on the fence. All of that is okay and should NOT BE ATTACKED. If you disagree, that's fine, move past the post. If a post is offensive, alert it and let the Mods review it. If you respond to the post, both the offensive post AND yours will be removed and may result in other consequences.

Other reminders for reference as we have respectful discussion in each of the daily trial discussion threads:

Abuse of the WS Alert feature can have consequences including timeout or worse. Such abuse includes, but is not limited to:

• Overuse of the alert system

• Repeatedly alerting on the same poster

• Demanding a specific outcome

• Alerting on the same post more than once

Once you have alerted on a post, please move on without discussing it, and don't question the decisions of our Administrators, Moderators or Owners, and don't expect personalized responses with explanations about a particular decision.

The principle of “innocent until proven guilty” is for the court room … it is not required that Websleuths members adhere to that principle. Members are allowed to discuss, speculate, theorize, and judge according to opinions they develop from following the specifics of the case.

If you have any questions, PM a Mod and we will be happy to assist you. The main Mods/Admin for this trial will be Bessie, Coldpizza, and sillybilly.

:tyou:

**If you would like to post tweets while court is in session, please read this thread first:
[h=1]Bosma Murder Trial Twitter Roll Call[/h]
Reporters to follow on Twitter:

Jacques Gallant, Toronto Star
Adam Carter, CBC Hamilton - ArianeEmory
Mark Carcasole, Global Toronto - Matou
Molly Hayes, The Hamilton Spectator
Peter Ackman, CTV National News
Nicole Martin, CHCH TV
Susan Clairmont, The Hamilton Spectator
Shannon Martin, CBC Toronto News
Colin Butler CBC Toronto News
Lisa Hepfner CHCH News Reporter

General MSM Tweets

Also, check here for real time updates.

http://www.cbc.ca/hamilton/news/

ifZ830f.jpg

link:rose:

Tim Bosma trial: the cross-examination of Marlena Meneses
CBC News Posted: Apr 25, 2016

bosma-family.jpg

The CBC's live coverage of the trial of the two men accused of murder in the death of Hamilton's Tim Bosma continues Monday with the cross-examination of Marlena Meneses. She's the former girlfriend of Mark Smich, one of the two men on trial.

Last week Meneses, 22, testified that Smich told her that co-accused Dellen Millard shot and killed Bosma. That testimony will be challenged today during cross-examination.

Live coverage of the trial begins at 10 a.m.

CBC Live Blog

Live Blog Mobile

The Star Live Blog

Jury now being called in. Underway in moments.
by Adam Carter 10:14 AM

Millard's lawyer Nadir Sachak is beginning his cross-examination.
by Adam Carter 10:16 AM

He starts asking her about when she was handcuffed by police on May 22, 2013 when Smich was arrested.
by Adam Carter 10:17 AM

That day she gave a 3 to 4 hour videotaped statement to police.
by Adam Carter 10:17 AM

Shannon Martin ‏@ShannonMartinTV 3m3 minutes ago Vaughan, Ontario
We're back in court for #Bosma trial. Mark Smich's girlfriend is back on the stand this morning for cross examination

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 2m2 minutes ago
#Bosma jury coming in. Marlena Meneses is on the stand. Cross examination coming

Alex Pierson ‏@AlexpiersonAMP 2m2 minutes ago
marlena Meneses on the stand. Jury coming in. #TimBosma @AM900CHML cross exam now underway w DM lawyers. Nadir Sachak

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 2m2 minutes ago
Jury being brought in.
Meneses is back on the stand. She's wearing a black and white striped top, beige pants. Tall black heels. #Bosma

Shannon Martin ‏@ShannonMartinTV 2m2 minutes ago Vaughan, Ontario
She's wearing a black and white striped top, and sits with her head down in the witness box, while we wait for jury

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 2m2 minutes ago
Jury back. Marlena Meneses back in the witness box for cross examination. First up: Nadir Sachak, one of Dellen Millard's lawyers. #TimBosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 1m1 minute ago
Nadir Sachak (for Millard) is up for cross. #Bosma

#Millard lawyer Nadir Sachak will do first cross of Meneses. #Bosma

Shannon Martin ‏@ShannonMartinTV 1m1 minute ago Vaughan, Ontario
Lawyer for Dellen Millard up first #Bosma

Adrian Humphreys ‏@AD_Humphreys 1m1 minute ago
I'm back at #Bosma trial this morning for the cross examination of Marlena Meneses, Smich's girlfriend. Background: http://news.nationalpost.com/news/c...ut-tim-bosmas-murder-celebrated-after-mission

Sachak: you were handcuffed by police on May 22 2013...the date Smich was arrested.
Meneses: yep. #Bosma

May 22 2013 Meneses was handcuffed, #Smich arrested. She provided a long videotaped statement to police. 3-4hrs. #Bosma

She also gave a short statement directed right to Smich, Sachak says. He says the purpose of that statement would be Smich seeing her making a plea.
by Adam Carter 10:18 AM

In that statement she said: "Hi baby, I love you. Please, just tell the truth. I told them what I know."
by Adam Carter 10:19 AM

Meneses says at that time, she really did love Smich.
by Adam Carter 10:20 AM

She provided a statement to police. Also a short videotaped statement that was directed to Smich. #Bosma

Millard lawyer starts with asking Meneses about the day she was handcuffed, alongside Smich, and brought in for questioning #Bosma

She also made a short video for #Smich. #Smich would watch her making a plea. She was telling the truth in the video, she says

"The purpose was that Mr Smich would watch you on video making a plea," he says. "Correct," she says. #Bosma

Meneses is questioned by police. Also video statement. Smich wld see this statement where she makes a plea. @AM900CHML #TimBosma

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 1m1 minute ago
Meneses made a video statement to Mark Smich after their arrest on May 22 2013 #Bosma

In it, Sachak reads, she says to him: "hi baby I love you." She agrees she said that. #Bosma

Millard lawyer reads Meneses part of statement: "Hi baby, I love you." That was the truth? Meneses: Yes. #Bosma

"This is what you said. Hi baby. I love you." That was the truth? yes. He was your baby and you loved him. Yes. "Please just tell the truth"

"Please just tell the truth...I told them what I know," Sachak continues reading. Again she agrees she said that. #Bosma

Millard lawyer: You knew nothing first hand. Everything you knew came from Mr. Smich? ... You did not go for a test drive? Meneses: No

Sachak suggests everything she knew was from the lips of Smich. She wasn't there. She just knew what he told her, from May 7 on. #Bosma

She says everything she testified so far is second hand info Smich told her. "I said that Dell did everything," she said in the statement.
by Adam Carter 10:21 AM

"So you have to tell them the truth, okay?" her statement goes on. "Whatever the truth was," she says in court.
by Adam Carter 10:21 AM

"You owe it to me, and to this family," she went on in the statement. "You wanted a child with him, you wanted to marry him?" Sachak says. "Yeah," Meneses says.
by Adam Carter 10:22 AM

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 1m1 minute ago
"I told them what I know," Meneses said to #Smich in video. Sachak says all her info came from Smich. She didn't have any first-hand

She said. "Hi baby. I love u. Please just tell the truth. I told them what I know." Lawyers now reminding her she wasn't there. @AM900CHML

#Smich last words to her upon arrest were, "Don't tell them anything baby."

Millard lawyer: Everything you testified so far, comes from the mouth of Mr. Smich? Meneses: Yes #Bosma

Sachak: you knew absolutely nothing. Everything you've testified about so far really comes from the mouth of Mr. Smich.
She agrees. #Bosma

Millard Lawyer: You don't know for a fact that 'Dell' did everything? Meneses: Yes #Bosma

"I said that Dell did everything," Meneses told #Smich in video. Sachak ascertains that she doesn't really know that for sure.

"I told them Dell did everything," her video statement continues. Sachak says you didn't know that--Smich just told you that. She agrees.

Truth was, as far as she knew, was that Dell did everything. #Bosma

The truth as far as Meneses was concerned, was that Dell (#Millard) did everything.

She said "Hi baby, I love you. Please just tell the truth. I told them what I know. I said that Dell did everything." #TimBosma

Alex Pierson ‏@AlexpiersonAMP 51s52 seconds ago
Sachak; "everything u told them is what Smich told u." In the statement Meneses tells him" I said Del did everything.'" @AM900CHML

"You owe it to me and to this family," it continues. She was his family, she agrees. She wanted to marry him and have a child. Yes. #Bosma

"You owe it to me and this family," Meneses told #Smich. She wanted to marry him & have his baby. She's wiping away tears now.

Sachak; even though he was arrested...you want to spend the rest of your life with Smich.
Meneses; yes. #Bosma

"I love you and I'll miss you, I'll be waiting for you." Meneses said it was the truth at the time. Three years ago. #Bosma

Millard Lawyer: You were absolutely in love w(Smich)? You wanted a baby w him? You wanted to spend the rest of your life w him? Meneses: Yes

"I love you & I miss you...ill be waiting for you," she finishes. "I'm going to get a pregnancy test, I'll tell you if I'm pregnant or not."

Sachak suggests everything she knew was from the lips of Smich. She wasn't there. She just knew what he told her, from May 7 on. #Bosma

Not entirely. The celebration mood is very telling, and she was there! They also told her a successful mission, and I believe she stated DM said it.
MOO

"I love you and I miss you," she continued in her statement. "I'll be waiting for you."
by Adam Carter 10:22 AM

She continued in statement: "I'm going to get a pregnancy test. I'll tell you if I'm pregnant or not," Sachak reads from her statement. She says yes, crying in the witness box.
by Adam Carter 10:23 AM

"I'm sorry your stupid friend got you into this situation," she said in her statement. She clarifies she was basing this entirely on what Smich had told her.
by Adam Carter 10:25 AM

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 44s45 seconds ago
She told him she was going to get a pregnancy test. She said she loved him, and thanked him. She is sobbing openly on the stand now.

Meneses now crying on the stand. She thought she was pregnant at the time she gave police her statement #Bosma

Meneses is crying on the stand. She agrees she thought she might be pregnant with Smich's child at the time. #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 56s57 seconds ago
Sachak suggests it took 3 years to get over Smich. "Well I'd say two," she says. #Bosma

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 56s57 seconds ago
Sachak says it's taken three years to get over #Smich. She says, probably two. Court snickers. #Bosma

Shannon Martin ‏@ShannonMartinTV 53s54 seconds ago Vaughan, Ontario
Meneses says it took her about two years to get over her relationship with Smich #Bosma

Sachak suggests her heart is aching giving testimony against Smich because there's still love there. She disagrees. #Bosma

Even today there's remnants of that love for #Smich. Meneses disagrees. #Bosma

"You owe it to me and to his family. I love you and miss you. I'll be waiting for you. I'm going to get a pregnancy test." #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 56s56 seconds ago
"I love you I love you so much. I'm sorry your stupid friend got you into this situation," her video statement continues. #Bosma

'I wouldn't say there's any love for him' (now) Meneses #Bosma

Again Sachak suggests this is just what Smich told her. She agrees. #Bosma

"I'm sorry that your stupid friend got you into this situation," Meneses said in the video to #Smich.

Alex Pierson ‏@AlexpiersonAMP 52s52 seconds ago
Menses; "you owe it to me. This family. I love u. I miss u. I will be waiting for u. I'm getting a pregnancy test." Meneses cries.

"I hope you're ok and I hope you never forget me. Love you," video statement continues. #Bosma

(We're not seeing this video statement, Sachak is just reading from a transcript). #Bosma

Alex Pierson ‏@AlexpiersonAMP 46s47 seconds ago
Sachak notes her tears. And her desire to spend her life w smich. That she loves him still. MM; "I wouldn't say there is any love for him."

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 32s33 seconds ago
"I'll tell you if I'm pregnant or not. I love you so much. Thank you for everything you've done for me." #Bosma

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie