MN MN - Joshua Guimond, 20, Collegeville, 9 Nov 2002

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shay

Reaction score
Josh Guimond disappeared on November 9, 2002 after leaving a campus party at St. John's University, Collegeville, Minnesota. Josh did not take his car or his glasses, and his credit cards have not been used. Dive teams have determined he is not in any of the nearby bodies of water.

Please visit Josh's website at: www.findjoshua.com

Almost three years have passed and there has been no leads in this case :(

Vigil Planned For Missing St. John's Student

Posted: Nov 9, 2005

(AP) Collegeville, Minn. Thursday marks three years since St. John's University student Josh Guimond disappeared.

On Nov. 10, 2002, Guimond left a party and started walking back to his dorm room. That's the last time anyone saw him.

Guimond's father has said he believes someone abducted his son. But authorities don't believe Guimond was abducted.

Officials initially suspected Guimond fell into a lake near St. John's. But the lake was drained, and nothing was found.

A program to remember Guimond is set for 6 p.m. Thursday at Holy Cross Lutheran Church in Maple Lake, Minn.

http://wcco.com/local/local_story_313135712.html

[font=verdana, arial, helvetica]Photo:

Classification Endangered Missing Adult
Date of Birth: June 18, 1982
Date Missing: November 10, 2002
From City/State: Collegeville, MN
Age at Time of Disapperance: 20
Race: White
Height: 70 inches
Weight: 170 pounds
Hair Color: Blonde
Eye Color: Blue
Complexion: Medium
Clothing: Gray hooded sweatshirt, blue jeans.

Circumstances of Disappearance:
Unknown. Joshua was last seen late Saturday night on November 9, 2002 or possibly early Sunday, the following morning, at St. John's University.

Investigative Agency:
Stearns County Sheriff's Office
Phone: (320) 259-3700
Investigative Case #: 02038764

National Center for Missing Adults
[/font]

Vigil Planned For Missing St. John's Student

Posted: Nov 9, 2005

(AP) Collegeville, Minn. Thursday marks three years since St. John's University student Josh Guimond disappeared.

On Nov. 10, 2002, Guimond left a party and started walking back to his dorm room. That's the last time anyone saw him.

Guimond's father has said he believes someone abducted his son. But authorities don't believe Guimond was abducted.

Officials initially suspected Guimond fell into a lake near St. John's. But the lake was drained, and nothing was found.

A program to remember Guimond is set for 6 p.m. Thursday at Holy Cross Lutheran Church in Maple Lake, Minn.

http://wcco.com/local/local_story_313135712.html

COLLEGEVILLE — It's been three years since St. John's University student Joshua Guimond vanished after leaving a party on campus.

Gone is the sign that used to greet visitors to the Collegeville campus, which had Guimond's picture and a message to find him. This year's crop of seniors is the last class that was there when the mysterious disappearance gained national attention.

But Guimond, a 20-year-old junior when he disappeared, won't be forgotten by those who know him, many of whom gathered Thursday night at a Maple Lake church for a candlelight vigil.

Little has changed regarding the investigation into Guimond's disappearance. His case is the only one still unsolved among the disappearances of several young people that happened within months of each other in late 2002.

"I guess when they find them, they at least know what happened and whether there was foul play," said Guimond's father, Brian, of the other cases. "Every case is different, though."

He remains convinced that his only son was abducted.

"The only question is who and why," he said.

The disappearance is classified as a missing-person case, although investigators haven't ruled out the possibility that Guimond was abducted, Sheriff John Sanner said.

"But there is no physical evidence to indicate this is anything other than a missing-person case," he said.

Guimond left a party late Nov. 9 or early Nov. 10, 2002, apparently intending to walk to his apartment. He hasn't been heard from or seen since, and there has been no activity on his bank accounts or e-mail accounts.

Investigators, volunteers and the National Guard have searched the lakes, university buildings and campus.

Leads in the case have trickled to almost nothing, Sanner said. He again urged anyone with any information that might be pertinent to the case to call his office. "Even if they believe the information is minute, let us make that determination," Sanner said.

There are very few details to go on, for example LE doesn't say why they don't think Guimond was abducted but it must have something to do with known details of his private life. Maybe Guimond was suicidal, or had mentioned he wanted to get away, or something similar. Without being privy to this we can only make vague guesses.

I have followed this case for awhile and I firmly believe he is in the water. I cannot believe they "drained the lake", the two lakes that surround the college are enormous. I wonder if they looked downstream. Where do these lakes drain to? Which direction does the water flow? If there are trees or other objects in the water, bodies can snag. It is extremely difficult to search in water, especially murky water. Susan Smith's car was only 20 feet away from where searchers first looked yet they did not even see it. If you look at a map of the campus and the possible routes that Josh would have had to take to get back to his dorm, they ALL go by the water. If he was drunk (or even just a bit), he could have easily tumbled in and being winter, drowned very quickly. Was there snow on the ground? Did they track with dogs? Josh left the party to go to the bathroom? That seems odd as he was in a dormitory which would, of course, have bathrooms.

I'm not trying to bring any kind of pain to the family but everything about me as a diver and searcher says this boy is in the water. Answers to the questions I posed above might help bring out an answer. The other young man who was lost on the Purdue campus, Wade Steffey, was found on campus as I knew he would be based on the cell phone pings and the path he had to have taken. IMO, he just got a crazy idea that one gets when they're drunk and lost his life attempting it.

If anyone has any specifc, detailed information about the lakes and a map of the exact areas Josh was seen, I'd love to see it.

Does anyone rememerber the thread about this case ,I know i saw a thread where it talked about Josha and some chruch related stuff and there was alot of sleuths ,is that in the other college student thread? I know the information was about Josh's dissapearance I remember someone posted a picture of the area.

bumping for Joshua since there is some discussion on his case in the Jacob Wetterling thread.

Does anyone rememerber the thread about this case ,I know i saw a thread where it talked about Josha and some chruch related stuff and there was alot of sleuths ,is that in the other college student thread? I know the information was about Josh's dissapearance I remember someone posted a picture of the area.

I don't remember seeing this post or discussion, but could it be in the missing college students threads? They came up in the results when I searched for this thread.

Hello Everyone,

The family's website at www.findjoshua.com is a good place to get a flavor of what's been going on in his case. Also, his Grandpa, Robert Guimond, recently set up a facebook page in order to help generate interest in Josh's case. This family has been set aside by the authorities. Many people responsible for investigating Josh's disapppearance had (have) conflicts of interest with regard to St. John's (family members employed there, alumni, children attending the school, etc.), and did not want to get involved. Last year there was a "Justice for Josh" march around the St. John's area. You can view this on Youtube by searching Josh's name. Another march is being planned for this year. This is a complex case that has connections to the abbey at St. John's University. Most local, state and federal politicians want nothing to do with it. Josh's Mother and Father have suffered terribly from losing their son, with no answers and little help. A subsidiary of Fox News did a broadcast recently about Josh's case which shed some insights but didn't delve into it deeply enough. For a lot more info about the diappearance of Joshua Guimond from the campus of St. John's University on November 9, 2002, you can also visit the website of a professor who works at St. John's and was there at the time Joshua disappeared. The website is http://www.immelman.us/ Professor Immelman has made a couple of attempts to run for Congress, one of his main reasons being to help draw attention to missing persons cases in his area. He has studied the abduction of Jacob Wetterling, too, and believes there may be a connection. This is an intriguing, frustrating case that will be solved by people like you and I, along with Joshua's family. It is tragic the way some cases receive enormous amounts of time and attention, while others are quietly forgotten.

There are many who feel Josh's disappearance is related to the alleged "Smiley Face Killers" gang. However, those who have studied Josh's case for a number of years do not think this is true. There are too many other factors related to his association with St. John's that point to a different direction.

Hi ThePhantom,

Searching through all the information I have not come across an address for the last known sighting for Joshua. How far is that location from the abduction site for Jacob Wetterling? TIA

Hi Harmony,
St. John's University is in Collegeville, MN and is 5.47 miles from St. Joseph, MN or 7 minutes away. You can use mapquest to see the straight shot it is from St. Joe to Collegeville.

There are many who feel Josh's disappearance is related to the alleged "Smiley Face Killers" gang. However, those who have studied Josh's case for a number of years do not think this is true. There are too many other factors related to his association with St. John's that point to a different direction.

Actually, the opposite thought has always intrigued me on these cases. When one thinks of what kind of person all of these smart, accomplished, athletic young men would have trusted enough as a stranger to easily get into a car with when offered help.....who better than a priest? This is even more likely than a LE type person offering help, because these young men would have balked at that, for fear of getting in trouble due to being drunk. BUT, if a priest offered help or a ride home.....who would think to question their good intentions? The other thing that connects this possibility is that the young men are found in water.....a connection to cleansing and baptism and saving of their souls. This is just a weird theory of mine, but the fact that Chris Jenkin's scent was also found by dogs in the abby, as was Josh's----when Chris had no association with that place or St. John's....well, that is just too hinky to be ignored.

jmoo
jmo

Actually, the opposite thought has always intrigued me on these cases. When one thinks of what kind of person all of these smart, accomplished, athletic young men would have trusted enough as a stranger to easily get into a car with when offered help.....who better than a priest? This is even more likely than a LE type person offering help, because these young men would have balked at that, for fear of getting in trouble due to being drunk. BUT, if a priest offered help or a ride home.....who would think to question their good intentions? The other thing that connects this possibility is that the young men are found in water.....a connection to cleansing and baptism and saving of their souls. This is just a weird theory of mine, but the fact that Chris Jenkin's scent was also found by dogs in the abby, as was Josh's----when Chris had no association with that place or St. John's....well, that is just too hinky to be ignored.jmoo jmo

BBM
Chris Jenkins had been at a Halloween party in downtown Minneapolis, Chris' body was found in the Mississippi River in downtown Minneapolis. He was nowhere near the abby which would be around 100 miles from Minnepolis.

At one time there was a so called witness who said he saw Chris thown off a bridge in Mpls by a man who is in prison for another matter, but when I just went to google that it seems as though it hasn't been proven as fact.

Actually, the opposite thought has always intrigued me on these cases. When one thinks of what kind of person all of these smart, accomplished, athletic young men would have trusted enough as a stranger to easily get into a car with when offered help.....who better than a priest? This is even more likely than a LE type person offering help, because these young men would have balked at that, for fear of getting in trouble due to being drunk. BUT, if a priest offered help or a ride home.....who would think to question their good intentions? The other thing that connects this possibility is that the young men are found in water.....a connection to cleansing and baptism and saving of their souls. This is just a weird theory of mine, but the fact that Chris Jenkin's scent was also found by dogs in the abby, as was Josh's----when Chris had no association with that place or St. John's....well, that is just too hinky to be ignored.

jmoo
jmo

what is the story with Chris Jenkins? His scent really was at the abby???????? There is plenty wrong st St. John's for sure. It costs about $40,000/yr to go there and is considered a premier college.

According to the professional group Trident Corp, which thoroughly searched all the lakes using state of the art ground penetrating radar, Joshua is not in the lakes. The lakes were one of the first places searched, along with the surrounding woods. Trident states that if Joshua was in the water, they would have found him, same as they have found dozens of other missing souls. The one place the searchers couldn't get into right away was the abbey -- no warrant, permission denied. Other locations not searched are the numerous rural properties owned by the church, including a cabin in which documented sexual abuse occured. I think searchers got into the abbey about a month or so after Josh disappeared. So much not done in this case --- the ball was dropped right from the start. Yes, www.behindthepinecurtain.com is an excellent research tool. So is Prof. Immelman's website -- he has made it his avocation to find out what happened to Josh, Jacob and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth