Identified! MD - Woman: I was abducted as a child, don't know who I am - Name withheld

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
Md. woman: I was abducted as a child, don't know who I am
Monique Smith shares story of realization, lifelong pain
KNOWN-AS-MONIQUE-symbolie-monique-smith-missing-child-now-an-adult-v2.jpg

A Baltimore woman who said she was abducted as a child by a person who raised her as her own shared her story with 11 News.
Symbolie Monique Smith is a local missing children's advocate who helped lobby for the passing of the state's Missing Children's Act. She goes by Monique, but she said that she doesn't know what her real name is or even how old she is.
http://knownasmonique.org/our-founder-help-identify-monique

http://www.wbaltv.com/news/maryland...ducted-as-a-child-dont-know-who-i-am/20093752

Seems like an older story. I can't tell if she's actively seeking help in finding her bio family or just promoting her organization.

Website was published in 2013 -- anyone see an update? No event scheduled.

Anyone find more information elsewhere?

TY!

:seeya:

Website was published in 2013 -- anyone see an update? No event scheduled.

Anyone find more information elsewhere?

TY!

I reached out to Monique and have asked her more questions. I especially am trying to find out how old or what year she was taken. Once I get more information I will post a story.

I seem to remember reading about US hospitals taking footprints of newborn babies. Is this a universal practice? If so, why aren't the birth footprints of missing children in a database for comparison in later years?

I reached out to Monique and have asked her more questions. I especially am trying to find out how old or what year she was taken. Once I get more information I will post a story.

Thank you!

Where & when, we need to know to do any helpful poking around.

The, um, not-Mom's name would be a big help, not sure we're gonna get that.

Thanks again!

Thank you!

Where & when, we need to know to do any helpful poking around.

The, um, not-Mom's name would be a big help, not sure we're gonna get that.

Thanks again!

If she was abducted as a baby she may not know her exact age, but she must have a general idea. What year she started school? What year she graduated? I hope there is a way to give her a name and possibly some family.

Here's a possibility, too:
https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/3351/9
Jovonna Crawford - 1 year old/ CT
Last seen 06/05/1981
Circumstances: Jovonna was last seen at home with a family friend. The family friend reportedly gave Jovonna to an unidentified juvenile male who was to deliver Jovanna to an adult female relative. Jovonna has not been seen since.

If she was abducted as a baby she may not know her exact age, but she must have a general idea. What year she started school? What year she graduated? I hope there is a way to give her a name and possibly some family.

I wanna know when she lost those ever-important Two Front Teeth, bottom & top BTW; also when she reached adult height.

And I want aaaaallll our WS nurses & medical professionals to use those dates to figure out age.

Yes, school information, including anything her classroom teachers said about her maturity/immaturity and natural abilities.

Dental information, too. I don't resemble my sister much at all, but the dentist said that he could tell we are sibs.

We're the right crew to answer the questions once we learn where to start.

She thought she was 29 in 1996. I think that means we're looking for someone missing since the mid.60's-70's.

Here's a possibility, too:
https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/3351/9
Jovonna Crawford - 1 year old/ CT
Last seen 06/05/1981
Circumstances: Jovonna was last seen at home with a family friend. The family friend reportedly gave Jovonna to an unidentified juvenile male who was to deliver Jovanna to an adult female relative. Jovonna has not been seen since.

I like this one. Compare it to Monique's childhood pictures. They both have prominent ears.

I just saw the post above re: age range.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back