GA - Man leaving Walmart beaten by Atlanta cop over tomato

KaaBoom

`·.¸¸ ><((((º> ...·´`·.¸¸ ><((((º>...·
Reaction score
Man leaving Walmart beaten by off-duty officer over tomato

ATLANTA —

A local man said an off-duty police officer working security for Walmart severely beat him after he was falsely accused of stealing a tomato.

After he was handcuffed to his hospital bed with a broken leg and severed artery, Tyrone Carnegay told Channel 2’s Craig Lucie he spent three days in jail and the charges were dropped.

In security video the officer is seen confronting Carnegay as he is walking out of the store.

The officer is then seen suddenly pulling out his baton and then beating Carnegay for stealing a tomato, which he said he paid for.

“He’s giving me a verbal command. As he’s grabbing me, he’s beating me at the same time. ‘Get on ground.’ Beating me at the same time,” Carnegay said as he watched the surveillance video.

Man leaving Walmart beaten by off-duty officer over tomato

Man alleges in lawsuit Atlanta cop beat him for stealing tomato

[video=youtube;fpoundebunw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpoundebunw[/video]

There was no audio on that clip and I have no idea why the cop hit that man. As far as I could tell the guy could have done almost anything. Until there's more info I'm left wondering.

There was no audio on that clip and I have no idea why the cop hit that man. As far as I could tell the guy could have done almost anything. Until there's more info I'm left wondering.

Security videos don’t normally have audio, but I think the video speaks for it’s self. I also posted the article above the video. He spent three days in jail before all charges were dropped. The link will take you to the news report with more info.

The video speaks for itself! An audio will NOT change what happened in this video! This man was being beat by this person with a baton. The man being beat was not fighting back in anyway! I hope the security guard is held responsible and sent to jail, and the gentlemen who was hurt receives compensation.

This infuriates me. I think what makes me sad at the same time, is that this man seemed to know he was going to get beat by the officer. It reminds me of when my dad would beat us, we knew it was coming and just tried to avoid the belt.

Security videos don&#8217;t normally have audio, but I think the video speaks for it&#8217;s self. I also posted the article above the video. He spent three days in jail before all charges were dropped. The link will take you to the news report with more info.

There will always be apologists for police actions. You could have a police officer confessing to breaking the law as they are in the actual act of beating or killing someone, and there are people that would ignore what the officer has admitted to and claim the officer is innocent. It's amazing to me.

There will always be apologists for police actions. You could have a police officer confessing to breaking the law as they are in the actual act of beating or killing someone, and there are people that would ignore what the officer has admitted to and claim the officer is innocent. It's amazing to me.

IF you are writing about me, I'm making no apologies for anyone. Many times a pic/video is worth a thousand words, other times it does not tell the whole story - Rodney King comes to mind, both the before we did not see and the atrocities committed in the aftermath.

I prefer a bit more information.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow
Back