Murkywaters

Reaction score
2vHS5m6m.jpg

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/31546/

City: Klamath Falls

State: Oregon

Zip code: 97603

County: Klamath

Circumstances: Kattie Nicole Talbert ran away from her uncle Earl Jones residence in May of 1998. She spoke of a male subject that lived near a park close to the Dairy Queen on East Main Street.

This is a recently added case to NamUs, I wonder if the NCMEC could do an age progression for her?

Any more details? Why was she with her uncle? Was the male older than her? Any sightings?

These is limited information on Kattie online, she was just added to NamUs last year.

Hope Kattie is happily living her life somewhere, some details from link.
https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/case_report_html/31546
Case Report - NamUs MP # 31546
Case Information
Status Missing
First name Kattie
Middle name Nicole
Last name Talbert
Nickname/Alias
NCMEC number
Date last seen May 01, 1998 00:00
Date entered 12/14/2015
Age last seen 16 to 16 years old
Age now 34 years old
Race White
Ethnicity
Sex Female
Height (inches) 65.0
Weight (pounds) 120.0
Circumstances
City Klamath Falls
State Oregon

These is limited information on Kattie online, she was just added to NamUs last year.

Rhetorical questions: I wonder why there is such limited information online and why Kattie was only recently added to NamUs. I could find nothing other than the recent information that she is missing. It's as if she didn't exist before she left. Who are her parents? Did they just assume she ran away with a boyfriend? In those days LE wasn't too helpful with presumed runaways. Why isn't there a photo of her in her teens? Is anyone in her family (younger siblings shown in photo) now looking for her? If so, I wish they would start a FB page. It's really sad.

Rhetorical questions: I wonder why there is such limited information online and why Kattie was only recently added to NamUs. I could find nothing other than the recent information that she is missing. It's as if she didn't exist before she left. Who are her parents? Did they just assume she ran away with a boyfriend? In those days LE wasn't too helpful with presumed runaways. Why isn't there a photo of her in her teens? Is anyone in her family (younger siblings shown in photo) now looking for her? If so, I wish they would start a FB page. It's really sad.

I agree, this is sad. They're all sad...but this one just feel particularly sad. So the last person to have allegedly seen her was her uncle? Just to add to the rhetorical questions. What about the Dairy Queen, did people there know her? Did she have a driver's license, car? Or did she tend to walk everywhere? What was her typical route either way? How were things at school? Had she "runaway" before?

She was a 16 year old girl, she was talking to her friends--what did they know? If she really was meeting up with a boy, one of those friends knew, I can guarantee it, and if she hadn't said anything to them then the meeting up with a guy who lives by Dairy Queen story doesn't hold up.

My first question: Was her uncle cleared as a suspect?
How could they possibly clear her uncle as a suspect? The only information they have about her disappearance, including the date and time she went missing, came from him.

http://www.kdrv.com/story/35410757/unsolved-kattie-talbert-1998
May 11th 2017

KLAMATH COUNTY, Ore. -- A Klamath County teenager was last seen in 1998 before police say she ran away from her uncle's house.

Kattie Talbert was 16 years old at the time.
Oregon State Police say she talked to a man that lived near a park close to the Dairy Queen on East Main Street. They say she may have talked to the man on the day she disappeared.
attachment.php

Attachments

• 13859567_G.jpg
    13859567_G.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 41
Handy link, imo.
https://kobi5.com/news/southern-oregons-missing-children-53241/
Southern Oregon’s missing children
May 19, 2017
Medford, Ore. – There are dozens of kids still missing in Oregon.

To raise awareness ahead of National Missing Children’s Day on May 25, NBC5 News has compiled a list of kids who have gone missing in our area.

If you have any information about these missing children, call 1-800-843-5678 (1-800-THE-LOST)

The following information is courtesy of the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children:
attachment.php

Attachments

• 0519-kattie-talbert.jpg
    0519-kattie-talbert.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 41
Fugitive couple wanted for child rape found in Mississippi after 18 years - NY Daily News

Couple kidnapped, molested children from Klamath Falls OR in the 1990s found in MS.

"At some point in the investigation, she said, another woman came forward to say she had been kidnapped at a young age and had borne a son fathered by Shaw. The young woman — who is not one of the two alleged victims in the current case — had escaped but her son remained in the house, Costello said."

What do you all think about this connection.

Her uncle Earl Jones in Klamath Falls, but it appears he died in 2002.

Now he had a granddaughter named Dede Spicher, which is the same name to the lady from the Kyron Horman case.

They were talking about this on reddit and I don't know if we can link directly but if you google her name unresolvedmysteries you will find it.

What do you all think about this connection.

Her uncle Earl Jones in Klamath Falls, but it appears he died in 2002.

Now he had a granddaughter named Dede Spicher, which is the same name to the lady from the Kyron Horman case.

They were talking about this on reddit and I don't know if we can link directly but if you google her name unresolvedmysteries you will find it.
Yeah, Dede Spicer was suspected of being involved in the Kyron Horman case. I went to HS with her. Last I heard she still lives in Klamath Falls, as I now do. The area around the old Dairy Queen (Now Lucero’s) is called Mills Addition. It’s a bad neighborhood. It was in ‘98 too. It’s amazing that this 16 yo girl just vanished and nobody is really looking. I was in Southern Oregon when this girl disappeared. There’s been little interest. I guess there are probably dozens missing right now the way things are going.

1681919613079.png 1681919628544.png 1681919641098.png 1681919655725.png1681919668457.png
''Date of Last Contact
May 1, 1998
Missing From
Klamath Falls, Oregon
Missing Age
16 Years
Current Age
41 Years
NCMEC Number
Missing Age
16 Years
Current Age
41 Years
First Name
Kattie
Middle Name
Nicole
Last Name
Talbert
Nickname/Alias-
Sex
Female
Race / Ethnicity
White / Caucasian
Height
5'-5" - (65 - inches)
Weight
120 - lbs
Circumstances
Date of Last Contact
May 1, 1998
NamUs Case Created
December 14, 2015
Last Known Location (Map)
County
Klamath County
Circumstances of Disappearance
Kattie Nicole Talbert ran away from her uncle Earl Jones residence in May of 1998. She spoke of a male subject that lived near a park close to the Dairy Queen on East Main Street.
Hair Color
Blond/Strawberry
Head Hair Description
Left Eye Color

Hazel
Right Eye Color
Hazel''

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors