OH - 8 Family Members Murdered, Pike Co., Media, Maps & Timeline *NO DISCUSSION*

Facts of Case by cujenno81

I thought I'd share my comprehensive notes with y'all... hoping maybe they'll be helpful to some of you.

4 Properties:
4077 Union Hill Road
4199 Union Hill Road
3122 Union Hill Road
Left Fork Road

4077 Union Hill Road is within walking distance of 4199.
3122 Union Hill Road is 1970 feet away from 4077.
Left Fork Road is approximately 8.2 miles from 4077 Union Hill Road (a 17 min drive without traffic).

Distance TO/FROM nearby cities from 4199 Union Hill Road:
Piketon = 17.5 miles (20 minutes)
Peebles = 9.7 miles (13 minutes)
Lucasville = 27.8 miles (29 minutes)
Chillicothe = 38.5 miles (46 minutes)
McDermott = 32.1 miles (37 minutes)

Piketon, OH – population estimated at 2,000; located 90 miles east of Cincinnati
Pike County, OH – roughly 30,000 residents

VICTIMS

Hanna Rhoden (19) – daughter to Chris Sr. & Dana Rhoden; found in Dana’s house with Dana and Chris Jr.; worked as a nurse assistant at a Skilled Nursing Facility in Lucasville since January but recently took maternity leave; has a 2 year old daughter who was with another family member at the time of her murder; shot in bed next to her 4-day-old daughter

Hannah Gilley (20) – engaged to Frankie Rhoden; found at home with Frankie, their surviving 6-month-old child, and Frankie’s surviving 3-year-old son from a previous relationship; lists herself as self-employed on Facebook; attended Northwest High School in McDermott, OH

Clarence “Frankie” Rhoden (20) – son to Chris Sr. & Dana Rhoden; found at home with fiancé Hannah Gilley, their surviving 6-month-old child, and his 3-year-old son from a previous relationship; competed in both in-state and out-of-state demolition derby competitions; worked at a sawmill and attended Piketon High School

Dana Manley Rhoden (37) – married Chris Sr. on October 27, 1994 in Adams County and divorced in 2007 citing irreconcilable differences; shared custody of their three children (Frankie, Hanna, & Chris Jr.); court records indicate Hanna and Chris Jr. lived at Dana’s residence; worked at a nursing home in Peebles, OH since October of last year

Gary Rhoden (38) – cousin of Chris Sr.

Chris Rhoden Sr. (40) – ex-husband to Dana; per court records, Frankie lived at his residence after the divorce; worked at Big Bear Resort in Lucasville, OH

Kenneth Rhoden (44) – brother to Chris Rhoden Sr.; has two children with an ex-wife who he married in Waverly, OH on May 17, 1991 and divorced in 2006, citing incompatibility; his two children are now 19 & 23 years of age; previously employed at Crownover Lumber Company in Peebles, OH

Chris Rhoden Jr. (16) – son to Chris Sr. & Dana Rhoden

First 911 Call
Caller: Bobbi Jo Manley @ 7:49 am on Friday, April 22, 2016
Reported finding Chris and Gary Rhoden deceased at 4077 Union Hill Road
Key statements:
“There’s blood all over the house”
“my brother-in-law is in the bedroom…”
“There’s blood all over the front room”
“Both of them in there look like they’re dead”
“I think they’re both dead, looks like someone’s beat the [expletive] out of ‘em”
“The door was locked when we got here but I know where the key was at”
“I went in and they were laying on the floor”

BOBBI JO’S DAD, LEONARD MANLEY, TOLD REPORTERS:
“Well, my daughter feeds them animals out there every morning, Bobbi Jo the one that made the 911 call. She got the key to the place. She went in found my grandson and his girlfriend dead. Went down found my son in law and his cousin dead. Then she come out and got me and I went out there and my boy went to my daughter’s house and they found them. My daughter, her daughter, and her son.”

CRIME SCENE INFO
One incident report regarding one of the killings said the crime scene showed no signs of forced entry.

Roosters - Ohio AG Mike DeWine confirmed roosters were found in separate cages at one of the homes and suggested someone in the family may have been running a cockfighting enterprise

Marijuana - Grow operations have been found at three separate residences; LE estimate street value of plants to be $500,000; during an interview with Cincinnati radio station 700WL, DeWine described the grow sites as some of the biggest operations he’s seen in the state; Pike County Prosecutor Rob Junk told The Columbus Dispatch that operations included an indoor grow-house that sheltered hundreds of plants

(Per the Humane Society of the United States, cockfighting and associated gambling is frequently connected to illegal drug activity.)

HISTORY OF NEARBY DRUG ACTIVITY

February 2016 - A 37 lb. box of marijuana was discovered by postal worker at the Piketon Post Office. The discovery led to an investigation that unearthed a “scatter” lab that was being used to produce large quantities of hash oil at an unknown property located on Beaver Run Road.

2012 – AG DeWine issued press release announcing LE had discovered “a major marijuana grow site” in Pike County with suspected ties to a Mexican drug cartel. During the discovery, 1200 plants were destroyed by investigators and two abandoned campsites were located, which they believe had belonged to Mexican nationals.

CURRENT KNOWN THEORIES BEING INVESTIGATED BY LE
Include: Mexican cartel, gang activity, family disputes, revenge killing
They believe they are looking for multiple shooters due to the number of crime scenes

CONFIRMED INTERVIEWS CONDUCTED BY LE

Isaiah Jones - detained at gunpoint during a traffic stop and questioned for six hours
Rusty Mongold - detained and questioned about a threat he posted on Facebook prior to the murders

OTHER STUFF

Per Leonard Manley (Dana’s father), the family had 2 fierce pit bull dogs, what he referred to as a “wolf dog,” and multiple hound dogs. He said the dogs were “nowhere to be found” when Bobbi Jo arrived at a residence and discovered the bodies.

Dana Rhoden was one hour late for work on Thursday, April 21; she also worked a double-shift to help out due to a co-worker being unable to work; she worked from 8 am to 11 pm.

NEW INFO

*61 additional pieces of evidence sent to BCI crime lab for DNA, ballistics, latent print, and trace analysis; this brings the total evidence to 79 (the 18 previously reported pieces are considered “high-priority”)

*Additional search warrants were issued on 4/25/16

*LE has received 300+ tips

*215 different LEO have contributed to the investigation

PRELIM AUTOPSY REPORTS

confirmed cause of death for all 8 victims is homicide via gunshot wound

all shots were fatal with wounds to the body including the head, torso, and extremities

some victims also suffered soft tissue bruising (per hopkinsmedicine.org, soft tissue bruising is: “A contusion (bruise) is an injury to the soft tissue often produced by a blunt force, such as a kick, fall, or blow. The result will be pain, swelling, and discoloration because of bleeding into the tissue.)”

Victim #1 – Single Gunshot Wound
Victim #2 – 2 Gunshot Wounds
Victim #3 – 3 Gunshot Wounds
Victim #4 – 3 Gunshot Wounds
Victim #5 – 4 Gunshot Wounds
Victim #6 – 5 Gunshot Wounds
Victim #7 – 5 Gunshot Wounds
Victim #8 – 9 Gunshot Wounds
*Total of 32 gunshot wounds between the 8 victims.

(The relationship between the # of gunshot wounds/victim has not been released and this list is in no particular order.)

ADDING INFO TO CONSOLIDATE MEDIA THREADS.

According to the Attorney General's Office, the eight victims are 40-year-old Christopher Rhoden Sr.; his ex-wife, 37-year-old Dana Rhoden; their three children, 16-year-old Christopher Rhoden Jr., 19-year-old Hanna Rhoden and 20-year-old Clarence "Frankie" Rhoden; Christopher Rhoden Sr.'s brother, 44-year-old Kenneth Rhoden; their cousin, 38-year-old Gary Rhoden; and 20-year-old Hannah Gilley.

Attorney General Mike DeWine has called the slayings a carefully planned and “sophisticated operation” carried out against eight members of the Rhoden family by one or more killers.

DeWine toured the four homes Wednesday and said in a press conference that Friday’s shootings were a “cold-blooded, old-fashioned, calculated massacre of eight human beings.”

Eight Relatives Slain in Rural Ohio: Here's What We Know About the Ongoing Investigation
via Cleveland.com

Autopsies Complete in Pike County Shootings; Family Tree of Victims Released
via Cincinnati's WLWT5

Ohio's AG Calls Pike County Killings "A Cold Blooded Massacre"
via NPR

EXCLUSIVE: 'Ain't Got No Revenge In Our Hearts,' Pike Co. Family Says
via Cincinnati.com

PIKE COUNTY MURDER RECORDS RELEASED SLOWLY
via The Chillicothe Gazette

Pike County Killings Still an Anomaly
via Cincinnati.com

Investigation into Piketon Murders A Time-consuming Huge Operation