Giving new meaning to stepping in poo

Casshew

Former Member
Reaction score
A German architect has filed an application for a new type of cement made of dog poo.

Friedrich Lentze, 57, from Berlin, applied for a patent for his "odourless heating and building material" made from the dog poo cleaned from the streets of the German capital every day.

He said: "They thought I was joking at first, but it makes economic sense as the stuff has to be collected anyway, so why not use it for something useful.

"The loads of dog poo that are gathered every day actually make a great mortar with fantastic insulating properties."

He says dung had for centuries been used as building material and he combined it with modern materials to come up with a new type of insulating cement.

Story

Casshew said:
A German architect has filed an application for a new type of cement made of dog poo.

Friedrich Lentze, 57, from Berlin, applied for a patent for his "odourless heating and building material" made from the dog poo cleaned from the streets of the German capital every day.

He said: "They thought I was joking at first, but it makes economic sense as the stuff has to be collected anyway, so why not use it for something useful.

"The loads of dog poo that are gathered every day actually make a great mortar with fantastic insulating properties."

He says dung had for centuries been used as building material and he combined it with modern materials to come up with a new type of insulating cement.

Story

Interesting - he's welcome to come to my house and clean up the backyard for more building material. :p

I have 3 Great Danes. Getting an addition built on to my house might not cost as much as I thought it would. Plenty of building materials right in the back yard already. I need to get in touch with that guy

One of my happier days in my life was when the ban on dog poop went into effect in NYC.(1976, I think) I was a skateboarder and skater at the time. Ever had to clean a nice steaming pile of poop from your wheels? So glad they have a use for it. I have no use....mpi

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back