MD - Roger Hargrave for attempted murder of wife, Clinton, 2005

MrsMush99

Former Member
Reaction score
Link

Man Arrested for Setting Wife on Fire
Updated: Tuesday, Oct. 11, 2005 - 2:09 PM

CLINTON, Md. - A Prince George's County man faces attempted murder and assault charges for allegedly setting his estranged wife on fire inside the mobile phone store where she worked.

Police say they arrested Roger Brian Hargrave, 33, at 11:15 p.m. Monday in the 6,000 block of District Heights Parkway.

June 2, 2006 - 3:36pm

By DERRILL HOLLY
Associated Press Writer

UPPER MARLBORO, Md. (AP) - A Prince George's County man was sentenced Friday to life in prison for trying to kill his estranged wife, who was set on fire last year at the cell phone store where she worked.

The attack happened Oct. 10, 2005, when Roger B. Hargrave walked into a T-Mobile store in Clinton, poured liquid on Yvette Cade's head from a soda bottle, then chased after her - lighting a match when she fell to the ground outside.

Hargrave asked for forgiveness before his sentencing as he tearfully read a written statement. "What I did was insane," he said. "Never did I intend to kill Yvette Cade."

snip

Jurors in April found Hargrave guilty on all charges against him - attempted first-degree murder, attempted second-degree murder and assault.

snip

The case attracted national attention after it was reported that a judge lifted a protective order against Hargrave about three weeks before the attack.

More at link:
http://www.wtopnews.com/?nid=25&sid=774164

============================================

Aug 15, 2006 7:02 pm US/Eastern

Yvette Cade Seeks Justice Against Judge Palumbo

by Mike Hellgren

BALTIMORE (WJZ) ― Too little too late. That's how Yvette Cade, the woman set on fire by her estranged husband, is describing the removal of the judge who failed to protect her.

"He should not be exempt from facing me in the court of law, and being confronted with his own behavior and attitude towards me," Cade said in a press conference Monday.

Weeks before she was doused with gasoline and set on fire, Palumbo ignored Cade's pleas that her husband was intimidating her. On September 19th, he dismissed a protective order that 31-year-old Yvette Cade had obtained against 33-year-old Roger Hargrave.

"I want an immediate, absolute divorce," Cade told Palumbo. "I'd like to be six-foot-five, but that's not what we do here," Palumbo responded.

snip

Palumbo was placed on administrative duty two weeks after the attack. His problems expanded in April when the Maryland Judicial Disabilities Commission accused him of engaging in a pattern of misconduct in domestic violence cases, likening three women seeking protective order to "buses that come along every ten minutes."

But a month before Palumbo was scheduled to face a misconduct hearing, he abruptly retired, prompting the Maryland Judicial Disabilities Commission to drop its charges against him.

snip

While Cade is happy to see the judge off the bench, she says he shouldn't be able to retire and collect pension without facing her in court. She's asking for a public outcry and hopes Governor Ehrlich's office will take steps to discipline Palumbo. "They should not be able to walk away from the disastrous effects of their decisions," said Shereen Jackson, Cade's sister.

More at link:
http://wjz.com/topstories/Yvette.Cade.Judge.2.431951.html

Wow!

Belinda thank you so much for this update.

Ms. Cade is an extremely brave woman. I remember seeing her on a talk show and her strength blew me away.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back