TN TN - Martha 'Leanne' Green, 17, White Bluff, 15 April 1987

Richard

Reaction score
Martha Leanne Green, age 17, Missing April 15, 1987 from White Bluff, TN

Martha Leanne Green
Missing since April 15, 1987 from White Bluff, Dickson County, Tennessee.
Classification: Non Family Abduction

Vital Statistics
Date Of Birth: February 24, 1970
Age at Time of Disappearance: 17 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'6; 120 pounds
Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Brown wavy hair; brown eyes.
Marks, Scars: Pierced ears
Clothing: White sweatshirt; mid-calf length faded jeans; and white Reebok hi-top sneakers
Dentals: 4 wisdom teeth have been extracted

Circumstances of Disappearance
Green was last seen in her brother's car at approximately 9:00 PM on April 15, 1987.
They had stopped on Highway 46 in Dickson, TN. Her brother left the vehicle to buy gasoline for the car; when he returned, his sister was missing. Her handbag was left in the car and there was no sign of a struggle.

If you have any information concerning Green's whereabouts, please contact:
Dickson County Sheriff's Office Detective Tom Wall 615-789-4130
OR
Tennessee Bureau of Investigation 615-952-4989

Source Information:

The National Center for Missing and Exploited Children
The Doe Network Case File 67DFTN
NCIC Number: M-242657238

Link:
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/67dftn.html
MGreen.jpg
MGreen2.jpg

Bumping Martha Leanne Greens's case. The details are sketchy, but it would appear that she was abducted from her car while in a parking lot. Similar to several other cases.

After a year, there have been no replies to this post, but there have been 222 views of it.

Richard said:
Bumping Martha Leanne Greens's case. The details are sketchy, but it would appear that she was abducted from her car while in a parking lot. Similar to several other cases.

After a year, there have been no replies to this post, but there have been 222 views of it.
While I do not doubt she could have been abducted I see no actual evidence, so far, that is what happened. She may have been a runaway.

I did find an image online that looks a lot like the age progressed pic in the doenet, although hair color went from dark to blond. The new person goes by the name Martha Green instead of using her middle name of Leanne as she used to do.

Compare the age progessed pic on the right
http://www.doenetwork.us/cases/67dftn.html
to this one
http://www.kvcr.org/marthagreenSM.jpg
which was found at
http://www.kvcr.org/mg.htm

docwho...I'm a year older than Martha Leann (I was born 1969) and I hope I don't look as old as Martha Green from the website.

Interesting coincidence, but I don't think it's our girl - Martha Green looks late 50's or older.

LisainWV said:
docwho...I'm a year older than Martha Leann (I was born 1969) and I hope I don't look as old as Martha Green from the website.

Interesting coincidence, but I don't think it's our girl - Martha Green looks late 50's or older.
I agree that the web pic looks older, especially in the neck but I also note that the neck is a long one and that the martha in the doenet pic wears a turtle neck type thing covering what appears to be a long neck as well and skin can age differently in some people, especially with varying amounts of exposure to tanning beds or sun exposure. While this may or may not be the same person I used the image to point out that without any actual evidence of abduction she may well have been a runaway.

Point taken doc...

I agree that runaway seems to fit her better than abducted. And, maybe she left with someone she knew and things happened from there, which technically is not an abduction

The case summary does not have a great deal of information - as is true of many similar cases. But it does state that the case is classified as a Non Family Abduction. This determination was likely based on a number of factors - some of which are probably not stated in the summary.

The known details seem to point to a parking lot abduction scenario. Her brother would have known and related her state of mind, plans, etc to police. She would probably have taken her purse, money, and ID with her if it was a planned run-away situation.

point taken as well Richard...

Had she left with a friend, she would have taken her belongings.

teens are just so tough...most act unpredictably and spontaneously. There probably are details not disclosed to the public in this case.

Richard said:
The case summary does not have a great deal of information - as is true of many similar cases. But it does state that the case is classified as a Non Family Abduction. This determination was likely based on a number of factors - some of which are probably not stated in the summary.

The known details seem to point to a parking lot abduction scenario. Her brother would have known and related her state of mind, plans, etc to police. She would probably have taken her purse, money, and ID with her if it was a planned run-away situation.
Actually several cases on websleuths have pointed out to me that people often just leave everything behind when they run away. You may find their purse, wallet, money credit cards,ID etc all laying in a car seat or at home on the bed. It is like they are sloughing off a skin to emerge as a new creature and nothing from the old life is taken. While this is not always the case, it certainly has happened often enough to catch my attention.

I agree that there may be some, as yet, untold info that may cause L.E. to think an abduction took place but (other than the word of an inmate that wanted outings or other privileges and so confessed to a crime but failed to lead L.E. to a body after several attempts) there has been no public disclosure of this evidence and until there is disclosure of some account of someone seeing an abduction or other actual evidence I, personally, have to entertain the runaway possibility.

ok, now i agree with doc and think she's a runaway again. Just teasing. I guess this case is just like all the others.

did she run away?
Was she abducted?
Did she leave with friends and then something happened?
did her brother kill her?
Did her brother sell her to a sex ring?
Did aliens swoop down and abduct her for breeding stock?

Not to make fun here, but these cases are just so open ended. And, unless she's found alive at some point, most of these questions won't ever be answered.

LisainWV said:
ok, now i agree with doc and think she's a runaway again. Just teasing. I guess this case is just like all the others.

did she run away?
Was she abducted?
Did she leave with friends and then something happened?
did her brother kill her?
Did her brother sell her to a sex ring?
Did aliens swoop down and abduct her for breeding stock?

Not to make fun here, but these cases are just so open ended. And, unless she's found alive at some point, most of these questions won't ever be answered.
Very good point. I suppose that by keeping the story in the public eye we may someday have someone decide to come forward with actual info about the case.

In the meantime I wonder if anyone actually saw her with her brother when they stopped for gas. If she was not really with him at that point it would be easy to pull in to a gas station and buy gas and then go back to the car a moment and then come back inside the gas station/convenience store and act worried and say your sister disappeared. Everyone gets excited looking for an evil abductor that was never really there, and some criminal sitting in jail decides he wants some outings so he "confesses" to the crime but needs several trips to lead investigators to the body but he can never quite manage to find the body. And in all the hubub no one thinks to check back to where she was last seen by witnesses, other than her brother.

Too bad no one has mentioned any security pics or tape of them where they bought gas.

She could just be a runaway too.

I don't think Elvis and his UFO buds got her but there are actually people out there who believe such things are happening.

Maybe the man that confessed to killing her actually did the crime and was only toying with L.E. before someday revealing the location of the body. He would need to have known something about herself or her body that only family would know to make that very believable, otherwise its just another wild story by an inmate who wants to play.

Any other info out there about this?

What was the age of this brother (obviously, at least 16)?

Did they run out of gas along the highway or did they actually pull into a gas station?

If they pulled into a gas station for gas, let's think about that one. I have never pumped gas at a station where the pumps were not visible from the clerk's counter and almost the entire store. HMMMM?

9:00 pm is not an ungodly hour in any place. Someone had to have been around buying gas too or a gallon of milk or whatever....

This sounds very UNinvestigated to me!

Random thought ... what if this sister chose to run away and the brother agreed to cover for her. Made up the story about her being missing? The only key I can find for this is, the brother either knows more than he's saying or he's responsible in some manner.

Wonder where he is now? Doc, you're good at finding people, but i don't think we have a first name. LE should talk to him again after all these years.
Sorry, one last random thought...her doe page says she may have green eyes and wore brown contacts. The family doesn't know the eye color of a 17 yr old girl?

Ok, this page says they ran out of gas as they were returning from work.

http://www.find-missing-children.org/Posters/poster329.htm

www.tbi.state.tn.us

states they worked at the Holiday Inn in Dickson, ran out of gas along the road, brother gone for 15 minutes to get gas, 2 suspicious cars in area - 77-79 beige T-Bird and a 76 Chrysler Newport, white.

This one

http://missing.puellula.org/Missing/Green.html

twin brother

Charley project mentions a suspect

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/g/green_martha.html

I guess I should have googled her before I did my lenghty "I wonder" post...

LisainWV said:
Ok, this page says they ran out of gas as they were returning from work.

http://www.find-missing-children.org/Posters/poster329.htm

www.tbi.state.tn.us

states they worked at the Holiday Inn in Dickson, ran out of gas along the road, brother gone for 15 minutes to get gas, 2 suspicious cars in area - 77-79 beige T-Bird and a 76 Chrysler Newport, white.

This one

http://missing.puellula.org/Missing/Green.html

twin brother

Charley project mentions a suspect

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/g/green_martha.html

I guess I should have googled her before I did my lenghty "I wonder" post...
She was probably abducted. Not many teens run away forever and leave their purse behind that was sitting right next to them.

The police did in fact have a prime suspect who was arrested for rape shortly after her disappearance. He was evidently killed in prison but had admitted to the abduction. Took police to several spots he claimed to have buried her, but no body found. My sense is that she was probably not a runaway and he probably did abduct her (or someone did), molested her, and then disposed of her. TN is very rural and would be quite easy to bury someone out in the middle of a field or forest never to be found.

Insguru said:
She was probably abducted. Not many teens run away forever and leave their purse behind that was sitting right next to them.

The police did in fact have a prime suspect who was arrested for rape shortly after her disappearance. He was evidently killed in prison but had admitted to the abduction. Took police to several spots he claimed to have buried her, but no body found. My sense is that she was probably not a runaway and he probably did abduct her (or someone did), molested her, and then disposed of her. TN is very rural and would be quite easy to bury someone out in the middle of a field or forest never to be found.
Ditto on that. I live in WV and everytime I drive thru the mountains (which is everywhere), I wonder how many undiscovered bodies are out there. One thing I've always though about, we have so many animals killed on the roadways (especially deer) that someone smelling rotting flesh along a road may not even check it out and assume it's an animal.

Sad story. she was a beautiful girl and I recant my accusation of her brother above after finding more info. It was probably extra hard on him with them being twins. Maybe someday her remains will be found and her family can have some closure.

rhyno ... does look a lot like her, but the doe had tattoos and there was no mention of tattoos on Leanne. But, I have thought about tattoos and I bet there are plenty of teens, and older out there, who have tattoos that mom and dad have no idea about.

PS not that i'm offended, you added your disclaimer of the graphic nature of the photos, but I don't think i've ever come across more graphic morgue photos than those. I may be morbid, but I like the actual photo of folks, regardless of their "condition". As good as some reconstructs are, most just don't look "real."

Bumping case up. 20 years have now passed since Martha Leanne Green disappeared.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back