OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #7

Status
Not open for further replies.

tlcya

Old and Re-Tired Websleuth
Reaction score
PIKE COUNTY, Ohio (WSAZ) -- An act of violence that has shaken the small community of Piketon in Pike County, Ohio is leaving many in disbelief.

Eight people, including a teenager, were all killed execution-style in four separate locations Friday in the Peebles area of Pike County, Ohio near the Adams County line Friday.

http://www.wsaz.com/content/news/Inv...376728131.html

Shootings with multiple fatalities reported in southern Ohio

Posted: 10:47 AM, April 22, 2016
Updated: 11:42 AM, April 22, 2016

CINCINNATI - A shooting involving multiple fatalities was reported in rural Ohio on Friday morning, but details on the number of deaths and the whereabouts of the suspect or suspects weren't immediately clear.

The attorney general's office said a dozen Bureau of Criminal Investigation agents had been called to Pike County, an economically struggling area in the Appalachian region some 80 miles east of Cincinnati. Spokesman Dan Tierney says the Pike County sheriff's office requested state help at 8:20 a.m.

Tierney had no information on whether a suspect was in custody. He also had no confirmation on the number of fatalities...

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/n...ported-in-ohio

PIKE COUNTY, OH (WCMH/WDTN) — The Pike County Sheriff’s Office has confirmed that there were seven adults and one 16-year-old juvenile who were killed execution-style Friday late morning. They were all members of the same family. Death notifications were still being made Friday night.

Three children survived; a 4-day-old, 6-month-old and 3-year-old. The newborn’s mother is among those victims shot. Ohio Attorney General Mike DeWine said it does not appear any of the victims committed suicide.

http://wdtn.com/2016/04/22/ohio-bci-...d=twitter_wdtn

PIKE COUNTY, Ohio (WSAZ) -- The names and dates of birth for the eight victims killed in execution-style murders in Pike County, Ohio Friday have been released. The names are as follows:

• Hannah Gilley, DOB 02/28/1996
• Christopher Rhoden, Sr., DOB 09/17/1975
• Christopher Rhoden, Jr., DOB 11/04/1999
• Clarence "Frankie" Rhoden, DOB 08/10/1995
• Dana Rhoden, DOB 08/29/1978
• Gary Rhoden, DOB 12/19/1977
• Hanna Rhoden, DOB 04/07/1997
• Kenneth Rhoden, DOB 03/30/1972

http://www.wsaz.com/content/news/Inv...376728131.html (this link also contains audio of the 911 calls)

A victim's advocate provided a short statement on behalf of the Rhoden family Saturday afternoon.

"The Rhoden family would like to thank everyone for all the outpouring for prayers and support for their family," she read. "They ask that you continue to keep them in your prayers. They'd like to thank all law enforcement from Pike County and all surrounding counties for their immediate response, especially to Sheriff Charlie Reader for all his hard work."

http://www.chillicothegazette.com/st...l-22/83380444/

They eight victims have been identified as: recent-father and husband-to-be Frankie Rhoden and his 20-year-old fiancee Hannah Hazel Gilley; 22-year-old mother Hanna May Rhoden; grandmother-to-be Dana Lynn Rhoden, 37; 16-year-old Chris Rhoden Jr; 40-year-old Chris Rhoden Sr; 38-year-old Gary Rhoden and 44-year-old Kenneth Rhoden.

[...]

During a news conference on Friday evening, Attorney General Mike DeWine said authorities have interviewed more than 30 people and will talk to more of them as the investigation continues.

'We will continue until the case is solved. We do not know whether we're talking about one individual or two or three or more,' DeWine added.
No person of interest has been apprehended and investigators are looking at different theories.

They believe the killers targeted the family specifically, and DeWine said there was no indication of a threat towards the rest of the community.

The rest of the family has been in touch with the sheriff's office for their protection.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz46h5rLZf2 (this link further describes who's who and the familial relationships of the victims to one another)

Investigators found three marijuana “grow operations” at residences where eight family members were slain in southern Ohio, state Attorney General Mike DeWine said Sunday at a news conference.

He didn’t say whether the marijuana was connected to the execution-style killings discovered last Friday at four residences in Piketon.

http://fox13now.com/2016/04/23/autho...e-county-ohio/

[video=youtube;DuIxUnk8gmo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuIxUnk8gmo[/video]

PRESSER: APRIL 27, 2016

MOD NOTE: Tricia has given permission for sleuths to discuss the criminal records of the family members who were murdered. In light of the grow operations they may be very relevant. Please refrain from posting criminal histories of other individuals who have not been named persons of interest or suspects by LE or simply because they have the last name of the victims or may be a distant cousin or aunt. Stick with the victims for now. That may change as more develops on this case.

MOD NOTE: Please don't speculate about the current custody of the minor children who were left alive. It is a blessing they are alive. If posting snips from articles regarding the children please redact their names. These babes are innocents. one day they will google their names. And plenty will come up. Thanks.

MOD NOTE: Do not sleuth every Tom, Dick and Harry who was ever associated with a victim. Unless law enforcement names someone a person of interest or suspect, TOS prohibits it.

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3
Thread #4
Thread #5
Thread #6

CASE NOTES (courtesy of cujenn81) this link contains locations, distance, victim info, relationships and more.

MEDIA LINKS NO DISCUSSION

CASE MAP (courtesy of K.L.Puyallup)

It is very odd that KR was miles away and they murdered him also.

Still hasn't been many press conferences/formal updates like that right? What seems so obvious to me is that I would think one of the advantages LE has is being able to appeal for help from the public. The culture of the area has been described very thoroughly on here, everyone knows everyone, but if you have a small town area and are intentionally releasing as little as possible...just seems odd. But I don't follow many of these cases so I could be way off...just feels to me they basically know what's going on...maybe it's just the politics side of making sure they have everything they need? I had also thought it was a little odd how at the press conference(the one they admitted they found pot operations) that they kept stressing how they had to be 100% sure to get so much evidence to ensure someone is put away for good....once again maybe totally normal and such but if they know what happened and are struggling to put together what they need then that also doesn't make sense to me because I think 0% this is cartel or anything like that after all the info that comes out and it's hard to believe any of the rumors involve people who could get away with doing this to 8 people and not leaving a fair amount of proof.

Still hasn't been many press conferences/formal updates like that right? What seems so obvious to me is that I would think one of the advantages LE has is being able to appeal for help from the public. The culture of the area has been described very thoroughly on here, everyone knows everyone, but if you have a small town area and are intentionally releasing as little as possible...just seems odd. But I don't follow many of these cases so I could be way off...just feels to me they basically know what's going on...maybe it's just the politics side of making sure they have everything they need? I had also thought it was a little odd how at the press conference(the one they admitted they found pot operations) that they kept stressing how they had to be 100% sure to get so much evidence to ensure someone is put away for good....once again maybe totally normal and such but if they know what happened and are struggling to put together what they need then that also doesn't make sense to me because I think 0% this is cartel or anything like that after all the info that comes out and it's hard to believe any of the rumors involve people who could get away with doing this to 8 people and not leaving a fair amount of proof.

I partially wonder if they are just waiting for someone to give too much information.. Information they shouldn't know. When things like this happen in a small town where everyone knows everyone, things start flying around like crazy, everyone living there is talking about, but suddenly Joe Schmo says something to Jane Doe and Jane Doe starts repeating it and it's information they shouldn't have.. Eventually it gets to LE that Joe Schmo said this and then he is brought in for questioning. JMO.

Also, I just can't think of any other reason for the silence. Unless they truly have no idea, they are waiting until after funerals, they fear for their own lives, they are building a very air tight case and watching the perp(s) closely, or something hinky is going on.

Maybe he was the first murdered? I guess most assume he was last because he was found last right? I wonder if he lives around other ppl. I haven't heard anything about a guess at time of KR's time of death? Everyone else is putting a timeline of 11-7 on the other 7 people but unless I'm wrong it's weird that there has been no talk of his time of death..

Could it be that investigators NEITHER confirm nor deny the $$$$ on Kenneth story by DS because it IS an important clue connecting Kenneth to his assassin? JMO

I partially wonder if they are just waiting for someone to give too much information.. Information they shouldn't know. When things like this happen in a small town where everyone knows everyone, things start flying around like crazy, everyone living there is talking about, but suddenly Joe Schmo says something to Jane Doe and Jane Doe starts repeating it and it's information they shouldn't have.. Eventually it gets to LE that Joe Schmo said this and then he is brought in for questioning. JMO.

Also, I just can't think of any other reason for the silence. Unless they truly have no idea, they are waiting until after funerals, they fear for their own lives, they are building a very air tight case and watching the perp(s) closely, or something hinky is going on.

I think they're just waiting for DNA test results to come back from the BCI crime lab. I will bet you all a fifth wheel trailer, a coon hound, a fighting *advertiser censored*, and a derby car that there is an arrest within two weeks.

After doing a lot of reading, this morning I have a totally new suspect. It is somebody we have all discussed at length before. I don't think I am allowed to say who, but it is somebody who had a lot of discrepancies in his stories and looks not very sad in his interviews on camera.

I'm wondering if they have the answer....just waiting for that last test result for confirmation?

Maybe he was the first murdered? I guess most assume he was last because he was found last right? I wonder if he lives around other ppl. I haven't heard anything about a guess at time of KR's time of death? Everyone else is putting a timeline of 11-7 on the other 7 people but unless I'm wrong it's weird that there has been no talk of his time of death..

They haven't released any times of death as far as I know. I think this is key information into what happened. Where was the first crime scene? We know pretty much the order in which they were found but not the order in which things occurred.

I now think that Kenneth was first. The others were killed because they knew that the murderer was very upset with Kenneth and Chris Sr. I think Kenneth was killed with little planning. Just a lot of rage. Somebody couldn't take it anymore and snapped. Then they had to kill everyone who knew about the feud.

Has it been reported the date that GR went to stay with CR Sr?

I'm wondering if they have the answer....just waiting for that last test result for confirmation?

Jinx!!! This is my thought too. How long do DNA tests take at the state crime lab, assuming they are expedited?

I think they're just waiting for DNA test results to come back from the BCI crime lab. I will bet you all a fifth wheel trailer, a coon hound, a fighting *advertiser censored*, and a derby car that there is an arrest within two weeks.

After doing a lot of reading, this morning I have a totally new suspect. It is somebody we have all discussed at length before. I don't think I am allowed to say who, but it is somebody who had a lot of discrepancies in his stories and looks not very sad in his interviews on camera.

Yeah it's amazing how it only took a few days from my opinion being swayed..i definitely didn't think cartel was a crazy thought but now I think that theory is close to 100% unlikely.

So now looking back at that press conference where they talked how sophisticated/etc it all was, that does surprise me now too..I know that was a big theme here earlier.

Maybe it just meant that the crime scene was covered up and obviously that the killer(s) tried to manipulate or make it look, however you want to say it. jmo.

But it's been acknowledged that Gary's friend list went from public to private last night right? Is that ok to ask? Don't want to get banned on my 3rd post.

Jinx!!! This is my thought too. How long do DNA tests take at the state crime lab, assuming they are expedited?

IIRC the crime lab is in London at BCI office there. Being that there are literally thousands of cases waiting for DNA results in the State of Ohio, I'm not hopeful that even "expedited" will come quickly. JMO

That is why it hits me as it has to be about elimination of folks who "know" something, as oppossed to out of control rage, love affair etc. Something was going to "change" - whoever was benefiting from dog sales was no longer going to be benfiting. I am confident it was not a sudden thing -- lots of argueing, whoever over heard or "knew" of what was going to happen had to elimanted. That IMO is why babies and doggies (hopefully) were spared

IMO at the end of the day IMO it comes down to one entity MONEY/Drugs

As you can see, I pretty much noted like 7 different scenarios lol.

I do agree with what you are saying about the person though, assuming I'm thinking the same one. Almost looks like he is trying NOT to smile on interviews. Which is weird. JMO.

Yeah it's amazing how it only took a few days from my opinion being swayed..i definitely didn't think cartel was a crazy thought but now I think that theory is close to 100% unlikely.

So now looking back at that press conference where they talked how sophisticated/etc it all was, that does surprise me now too..I know that was a big theme here earlier.

Maybe it just meant that the crime scene was covered up and obviously that the killer(s) tried to manipulate or make it look, however you want to say it. jmo.

But it's been acknowledged that Gary's friend list went from public to private last night right? Is that ok to ask? Don't want to get banned on my 3rd post.

GR's friends list for me has been private since day 1. I've never been able to sleuth anything off of his page for that reason but had tried multiple times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie