AZ AZ - Phoenix, BlkFem 20-50, 794UFAZ, homeless, in burned car, Feb'97

Springrain

Who was she? Pregnant & stabbed to death
Reaction score
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/794ufaz.html
https://identifyus.org/en/cases/1944

Unidentified Black Female

• [*]The victim was discovered on February 4, 1997 in Maricopa County, Arizona.
    [*]Charred/burned remains

Vital Statistics

• [*]Estimated Age: 20-50 years old.
    [*]Approximate Height and Weight: 5'1-5'5"; 90-110 lbs.
    [*]Distinguishing Characteristics: Unknown hair and eye color.
    [*]Medical: Evidence of a prior surgery on her fallopian tubes, as well as a tubal ligation with plastic rings.
    [*]Dentals: X-rays are available. Missing all upper and some lower teeth.
    [*]DNA: Available in CODIS.
    [*]Fingerprints: Not available.

Case History
The victim was found in an abandoned car in Maricopa County, Arizona, on February 4, 1997.
She was a known transient who was sleeping in the car when it caught fire.
The car was not hers and was not registered in the state of Arizona.

She also had some distinctive accessories.

* A brown vinyl purse with one handle and a zipper for closure. The purse was empty but had numerous words written on the outside of it in blue ink "Moniqued hates allende spiriteds from out of hell moniqued hates all satan god malesd childrens and shall soon be alal end evil".

* Broken yellow metal necklace with large links, broken yellow metal necklace, watch (worn on right wrist)

She was a known transient; I'm wondering if she suffered from mental illness that left her living on the streets. Rambling writings specifically religious writings seem to associate with schizophrenia--that fits in with the purse writing. Sounds like her necklaces were pretty old, and probably broken before the fire.

From https://www.phoenix.gov/policesite/Documents/090553.pdf extra information

Black female, middle aged, 5’03”, 100 pounds, with very short hair

(possibly white on top).

On February 4, 1997 at 7:00 P.M. this female was found inside a burning
vehicle (blue two door Honda) in the area of North 24th Street and East
Monroe Street in Phoenix, Arizona. Found near the vehicle was a brown
vinyl purse with handwriting on it that mentioned the name “Monique.”
It is unknown if this purse belonged to the victim. Witnesses said the
female had been seen in the local area before and was possibly a
transient with mental issues.

Poor woman. Hopefully there will be a cold hit on fingerprints (like with Andrea Kuiper) possibly from police picking her up? I doubt family and friends would know (or care) about her being missing if she had severe mental illness and was chronically homeless.

Poor woman. Hopefully there will be a cold hit on fingerprints (like with Andrea Kuiper) possibly from police picking her up? I doubt family and friends would know (or care) about her being missing if she had severe mental illness and was chronically homeless.

I was searching for her in a list of missing persons...comparing the stats, age, reconstruction (no idea if her facial looks come anything close to how she looked like in life, nose seems to be close to her mouth, if you know what I mean) possible name Monique and story's, but no missing woman made me say...Yes!....this could be her.

I'm not sure if this will even be a possibly, if she was not arrested before, and her body burned..... I think (hope) LE went to the homeless shelters or inquired in the homeless community..(living on the streets, not visiting the shelters) but there is almost nothing on this case. (or I didn't search in het right places) If she had died in 2017 it would be easer to reach out for people who are helping the homeless/charity's and asking if they knew her.

Come on people....think with us.... (in other words: bumping)

Ruled out per Namus: Aussie Binford, Janice Hughes and Lisa Jameson (date 5-4-2017)

Can somebody check the current rule out list for me. Thanks. (Per 21-1-2019 I looked at The Lost and the Found site, Janice Hughes doesn't seem to be there anymore....)

As there is DNA available for this UID
Sylvia Mitchel
Terry Najera
Pamela Palmer
would be a rule out on default, because there is DNA available for them. There are others, but I don't think they fit in.

Ruth May Foster could be a possibility. No picture available. DNA sample is currently not available. Stats are not spot on, story is a bit off but it's a maybe.

"Ruth M. Foster also remains missing. Foster was almost 46 years old when she was last seen at 10:15 p.m. Oct. 20, 1996. The Hoover Co. employee didn’t show up for work, and her car was found later at a Holiday Inn parking lot in Jackson Township, Capt. James Myers said in 2002. Investigators initially believed bones found in a hand-harvested cornfield off Trump Avenue SE could have been hers, but later discovered the bones to be those of a man who hasn’t been identified.

Described as a black woman who was 5 feet, 5 inches tall and 129 pounds with a medium build when she was last seen, Foster has never been found.

Prince said the circumstances surrounding her disappearance were suspicious."

But police have no evidence that she’s dead — or alive. So, she stays on the “missing” list. (BTW she's is not on this missing persons list (per 12-1-2019)
https://www.ohioattorneygeneral.gov...t/Ohio-Missing-Persons/Missing-Adults?page=18 )

Thumbnail

MP4446
Kawana Lashan Holmes,
Female, Black
Last Contact: May 1, 1996
Missing From: West Palm Beach, Florida
Missing Age21 Years
Current Age44 Years

Height: 5' 0" - 5' 2"
Weight: 90 - 120 lbs

**Unsure if she had a mental illness or addiction

Thumbnail

MP4446
Kawana Lashan Holmes,
Female, Black
Missing Age21 Years
Current Age44 Years

This UID is a though one....grrrrr.

This UID is a though one....grrrrr.
Yes, this is a hard one but hopefully we'll get it done. Check these out please.

Kaye Francis Hamilton went missing from South Carolina in Nov. '94. Her descriptive features are similar enough to be a possiblility. The circumstances give no good clues and the location is far away but she has quite a few aliases including Michelle Monique Mickens. It's a long shot but worth a DNA comparison, IMO.

Catherne Davis went missing in Los Angeles in 1982. No descriptive clues but her location and stats are close. Also, she was 32 yo in 1982 so upon death in 1997 she would have been 47yo.

In 1984 Tonya Lee Clemmons was reported missing from Seattle. She hadn't been in contact for about a year before the report was made (1983). Her physical description is within the parameters for this UID. She has a deformed arm. A deformity wasn't disclosed in the UID report but the UID was recovered from a fire. I wonder if it could have been missed.

Another MP from Seattle is Jimmie Lynn Caine. There isn't much to connect Jimmie to this UID but to me she has a strong resemblance to the UID's pic. She was reported missing in November 1995. IMO she could match so I think they should do a comparison.

Yes, this is a hard one but hopefully we'll get it done. Check these out please.

Kaye Francis Hamilton went missing from South Carolina in Nov. '94. Her descriptive features are similar enough to be a possiblility. The circumstances give no good clues and the location is far away but she has quite a few aliases including Michelle Monique Mickens. It's a long shot but worth a DNA comparison, IMO.

Catherne Davis went missing in Los Angeles in 1982. No descriptive clues but her location and stats are close. Also, she was 32 yo in 1982 so upon death in 1997 she would have been 47yo.

In 1984 Tonya Lee Clemmons was reported missing from Seattle. She hadn't been in contact for about a year before the report was made (1983). Her physical description is within the parameters for this UID. She has a deformed arm. A deformity wasn't disclosed in the UID report but the UID was recovered from a fire. I wonder if it could have been missed.

Another MP from Seattle is Jimmie Lynn Caine. There isn't much to connect Jimmie to this UID but to me she has a strong resemblance to the UID's pic. She was reported missing in November 1995. IMO she could match so I think they should do a comparison.

Thank you very much...have to check all of this women out.....I mean site by site stats, logical story, movements etc. will take a while. Again, thank you. There are coming al lot of other unidentified black American females to me...seeing the pictures, but need to do the stats...

Last edited:
Take your time. I'll be around here somewhere. I'm working on others too. Thanks, this will be nice to work together.

Thumbnail

MP4446
Kawana Lashan Holmes,
Female, Black
Missing Age21 Years
Current Age44 Years

Did you submit this? I came to the same conclusion. I made a compare chart for her.
--------

Kawana Lashan Holmes
Missing from West Palm Beach, Florida. May 1, 1996.
Unidentified found Phoenix, Arizona. February 4, 1997.

Missing:
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
Kawana Lashan Holmes – The Charley Project
The Doe Network: Case File 1650DFFL

Unidentified:
794UFAZ

Map:
Google Maps

Attachments

• Kawana Lashan Holmes.jpg
    Kawana Lashan Holmes.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 38
Did you submit this? I came to the same conclusion. I made a compare chart for her.
--------

Kawana Lashan Holmes
Missing from West Palm Beach, Florida. May 1, 1996.
Unidentified found Phoenix, Arizona. February 4, 1997.

Missing:
Kawana Lashan Holmes – The Charley Project
The Doe Network: Case File 1650DFFL

Unidentified:
794UFAZ

Map:
Google Maps

Nice chart!

Nice chart!

Did anybody submitted her? She wouldn't be middle aged (what do they mean with that anyway....in my thoughts it would something above 50)...but still...........

Searched for this sweetie in the whole Charley Project list....people with mental illnesses...grrr didn't find anybody as a possible match.

Kay Frances Hamilton could also be a good one, using an AKA with Monique....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46
Back