UK - Keegan Downer, 18 mos, battered to death, Birmingham, 5 Sept 2015

Oh my, that is heartbreaking. I fostered my cousin and now he is MY SON. This poor sweetheart never had a chance.

No one can hurt you now sweet Keegan. Jesus will hold you extra close.

Poor baby. In the video she was pushing a walker loving it. Such a cutie.
Apparently I read that she had fostered a few children. And had contacted the Agency that deals with the placements and any other issues with the foster child. Well the foster mom was after getting a bigger car. And needed help in getting one.(I assume payment help or a loan) But this was a rather big ask. And they made arrangements to come visit at the home.
I don't recall the circumstances but the foster mom wasn't there when they called. I think by this time lil one had started to be ignored. Either by food and or drink.

It all came down to money at the end of the day. She fostered the children. And was paid a good wage from the local authority for doing so.
She would of undergone a series of investigations prior to her becoming a foster parent. The home had to meet ROSPA requirements (health and safety compatible) and that extra safety measures were available for all ages of children from newborn to 16. She passed all these..

And then just flipped. Over her ex. Just goes to show how unrequited love can affect some people.
So sad... such a loss of life. Barely begun.
And a loss of freedom. To insanity.

♡spread your angel wings lil one. You're safe now♡

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Sentenced to a minimum of 18 years:

Sentencing Downer to life with a minimum term of 18 years, Mrs Justice Frances Patterson said: “It is a horrible tale of callous conduct and at no stage have you showed any remorse. Why you changed from a loving mother to a brutal attacker of a defenceless child is a mystery.”

The judge said Downer had inflicted terrible injuries on the child, including brain damage. “As a result of the trauma, Keegan’s brain was incarcerated in scar tissue which caused persistent pressure on it, preventing the brain from growing, and Keegan would have become backwards in her development. She would have regressed from what she could do physically.”

Patterson added: “You did not set out with the intention to kill Keegan but the repeated assaults on her made death as an outcome of your conduct increasingly likely.”

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2016/may/04/kandyce-downer-jailed-18-years-toddler-murder

18 years is crap, she'll be out and able to enjoy her life again by her early fifties. What she did was far worse than murder, she tortured the baby to death over a long period of time.

Horrific. How could a woman inflict this on a defenceless baby? .... the catalogue of injuries to the poor lil girl is mind blowing.

Mother-of-four jailed for life for murdering*toddler she was fostering http://dailym.ai/24q3vnd via http://dailym.ai/android

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back