Reaction score
:rose: Remembering Tim Bosma and waiting for Justice :rose:

bosma-wife.jpg

National Post

By Molly Hayes

B821254669Z.1_20130514195432_000_GQ9VSLAR.2_Content.jpg

TIM AND HIS DAUGHTER
Photo courtesy of the Bosma family​

I agree with you. She was smart in terms of protecting herself. She played only the cards she wanted to but not the hand that she was dealt. She was there to tell the whole truth (is that actually in the oath people swear to or is that a tv thing?) and I refused to credit her for cheating at cards. IMO.

If I'm not mistaken, her testimony has nothing to do with MS. Her testimony can only be used against DM and MMs against MS.

Parts of her testimony can be used against MS, like the phone call she claims she had with him and anything she claims to have witnessed directly in terms of his actions or statements.

Please forgive my lack of knowledge about legal proceedings - can the same piece of evidence be used in more than one trial? In this case, can the letters written by DM be used in CN's trial now that they have been used in this trial? If not, is it possible that the Crown is holding onto CN's replies to be used in her own trial? Just something I thought of, and without knowing the way trials work I have no idea if it is off-base. TIA to those that can clarify.
I pretty sure evidence can be used in multiple trials unless they are deemed inadmissible. I can see why that would be the case here. I think her letters are gone. Unless they truly contained nothing of the case, they would have been used here. IMO.

I agree with you. She was smart in terms of protecting herself. She played only the cards she wanted to but not the hand that she was dealt. She was there to tell the whole truth (is that actually in the oath people swear to or is that a tv thing?) and I refused to credit her for cheating at cards. IMO.

If I'm not mistaken, her testimony has nothing to do with MS. Her testimony can only be used against DM and MMs against MS.

Not true. Because they would most likely be questioned about their time and involvement with their respective BF's, they most likely had first person information about that accused. However, anything they testify that was the result of a direct contact with the other accused is also fair game. Anything they claim that they heard from their BF about the other accused is 'hearsay' and is not allowed to be considered by the jury.

ex.
MM stating that DM was happy about the mission success when she got in the Yukon.
CN testifying about her phone conversation with MS on the 10th.

MOO

I don't know I think if I was deciding her fate...all emotions aside I see the following.
1. She went with DM in the middle of the night to move a trailer and incinerator
2. She used gloves and her DNA is on them.
3. Upon hearing of DM's arrest she wiped prints of what she did

Those 3 things together provide me proof of knowledge of illegal activity.

Saying idk doesn't disprove anything to me.

Tim Bosma trial: Courtroom erupts in laughter at Christina Noudga's testimony
By Adam Carter, CBC News Posted: May 04, 2016

christina-noudga.jpg

Laughter erupted more than once in a Hamilton courtroom Wednesday over the testimony given by Dellen Millard's former girlfriend at the trial of the two men accused of killing Tim Bosma.

Christina Noudga, 24, returned to the witness box today for her fourth day of testimony, as Mark Smich's lawyer Thomas Dungey continued his cross-examination.

Many of those in the courtroom laughed when Noudga testified she did not destroy evidence when she wiped down parts of a trailer that contained Bosma's truck, under the instruction of Millard's mother, Madeleine Burns.

"We didn't remove any evidence, we just removed our touching the trailer," said Noudga, who is charged with being an accessory after the fact. "At the time, we didn't see it as evidence." ​

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamilton/news/bosma-noudga-cross-continues-1.3565679

Laughter erupted more than once in a Hamilton courtroom Wednesday over the testimony given by Dellen Millard's former girlfriend at the trial of the two men accused of killing Tim Bosma.

Christina Noudga, 24, returned to the witness box today for her fourth day of testimony, as Mark Smich's lawyer Thomas Dungey continued his cross-examination.

Many of those in the courtroom laughed when Noudga testified she did not destroy evidence when she wiped down parts of a trailer that contained Bosma's truck, under the instruction of Millard's mother, Madeleine Burns.

"We didn't remove any evidence, we just removed our touching the trailer," said Noudga, who is charged with being an accessory after the fact. "At the time, we didn't see it as evidence." ​

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamilton/news/bosma-noudga-cross-continues-1.3565679

Give her a break. She is an immigrant that arrived in Canada when she was 3, and didn't take law. How the hang should she know that changing witness testimony or wiping fingerprints was evidence tampering? s/off

She was directly involved with DM's strange activity on the 9th, but did not consider one of those activities related to his arrest the next day. She never went to LE, and was arrested almost a year later. Even though on the 9th, she helped move the Eliminator, and it was the focus of this horrific crime in news for most of that time. Instead, she still claimed that it was moved because of creaky barn floorboards that she said she never noticed.

Meanwhile, it was fact that some of Tim's remains were found in the Eliminator. Give me a break! She knows a lot more. Detective 007 is not easily fooled as she demonstrated on the stand. She is a smart evil girl with very poor acting skills.

Going back to the house in the middle of the night to wipe prints conveys a very strong implied message of her knowledge of the crime, and what she was doing was evidence tampering.

MOO

Do we know if we'll be able to follow CN's trial in November? If she is tried by judge only (no jury), will reporters be allowed to tweet as they have been doing? Maybe it's a question for Abro (if you're following) or one of the MSM on Twitter.

Do we know if we'll be able to follow CN's trial in November? If she is tried by judge only (no jury), will reporters be allowed to tweet as they have been doing? Maybe it's a question for Abro (if you're following) or one of the MSM on Twitter.

I think it has already been discussed, and the conclusion is that the Ghomeshi trial was by judge, and we heard plenty from the court room.

Hope this helps.
MOO

Thanks to Velma for this bit of levity yesterday. It was needed.

The brand could simply be called Accessory by Websleuths. ;) With all the talk about CN's scent, it's only right that we'd also develop a fragrance. All imaginary proceeds going to Tim's Tribute, of course.

I can see the advertising possibilities for this product -

When your words on the witness stand, don't pass the smell test...& everyone knows your testimony stinks....use Accessory, by Websleuths.

MOO

I think it has already been discussed, and the conclusion is that the Ghomeshi trial was by judge, and we heard plenty from the court room.

Hope this helps.
MOO

Thank you, I must have missed the discussion. Apologies!

It was pretty clear in DM's letters that he had been successful in keeping CN clean. IMHO, if CN could ever remember conversations she had had with DM, she'd remember that when they spoke about DM's "business" activities it was a foregone conclusion that he would only tell her what he felt she needed to know. Ask no questions and you don't end up with answers that can come back to bite you. DM was able to get his key people to buy into this: CN,SS,LW1,LW2,MB. IMO, they all were suffering from the Halo effect of DM; a guy who represented perfection to them- a very generous good looking rich guy with a bottomless pit of money. If any of them weren't in it for the money, they would have put 2 and 2 together and realized that there were missing pieces and crime is crime- regardless who the person is committing it.

What CN displayed on the stand was her willingness to continue to follow DM's instructions. Very cult like. IMHO, her "performance" on the stand was nothing more than a sick audition for DM. I'm sure if he could write her a letter he'd tell her how well she did and critique areas where she could have improved. He'd probably even be happy about the "you should ask him" comments.

IMHO, DM's mother is just a gold digging nut bar and CN has been playing her as well. I have no doubt that CN was keeping those letters to keep DM in line for future gain- just like her little note about "blackmailing men who do criminal things". I don't think the Jury would be putting much weight in CN's verbal testimony- in DM/CN's egotistical planning they failed to script for "raw emotion for the victims family". Her lack of remorse will not be forgotten. Hopefully if DM does his Academy Award winning address he remembers to put in the appropriate amount of grief and compassion.

As I was driving last night, I thought of one of the first pieces of evidence that came out on this case. DM's thumbprint on TB's truck's dangling rearview mirror. There's no escape for DM. The totality of the evidence will ensure DM's lifetime residency behind bars. CN and MB can spend the rest of their time catering to their little jail house leader- I don't care. It's better this lunatic is off the street- DM will not be getting off on this one. MOO

Does anyone feel that when CN does have her day in court that the Judge will go easy on her because she is female?

I don't believe CN is going to get off. She chose trial by judge, no jury. That will be harder for her, at least with a jury she could hope for 1/2 men that would get turned on by her sex talk and feel bad and let her off. A judge will see right through her "I didn't know" BS.

I don't know I think if I was deciding her fate...all emotions aside I see the following.
1. She went with DM in the middle of the night to move a trailer and incinerator
2. She used gloves and her DNA is on them.
3. Upon hearing of DM's arrest she wiped prints of what she did

Those 3 things together provide me proof of knowledge of illegal activity.

Saying idk doesn't disprove anything to me.

Doesn't prove anything if she had no knowledge of the crime or the contents of the trailer. She admits being along for the ride, but its up to the crown to prove she was aware of what was going on.

I don't believe CN is going to get off. She chose trial by judge, no jury. That will be harder for her, at least with a jury she could hope for 1/2 men that would get turned on by her sex talk and feel bad and let her off. A judge will see right through her "I didn't know" BS.

A judge can't see through anything as they think logically and are not swayed by gut feelings like a jury may be. Put it this way, there is only one way to prove that she had prior knowledge of what was in that trailer and toolbox, that is if Dellen Millard testifies that he told her as much. Will he? Not likely in my opinion based on the fact that he's still got two more murder trials in front of him and he'll want to keep what he says and admits to to a minimum. But who knows, spite for keeping those letters? Millard's attorney insinuated about a "you testify against him, he'll testify against you" arrangement, so who knows? But would anybody believe what Millard says at this point?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth