GUILTY PA - Peggy Conner for trying to cut baby out of pregnant woman, Manor Twp, 2005

I cannot get over this kind of thing when it happens. This is so horrible.

It seems like there are more and more of these. It is scary that a hopeful new parent, at the time they are the most vulnerable (very pregnant) could be a target for some sicko.

Horrific! reminds me of a story where another attack took place. the victim and the perp were on the same message board forum and the perp was under the guise of buying a dog when she attacked.

OMG!

I hope mom recovers quickly. I can't believe people do this sort of thing. The SII folks will be having a field day with this one.

Floh said:
Horrific! reminds me of a story where another attack took place. the victim and the perp were on the same message board forum and the perp was under the guise of buying a dog when she attacked.

OMG!

Yes, that was Bobbi Jo Stinet. Unfortunately, Bobbi Jo was murdered, but Fortunately they found the baby. A little girl.

I am so glad the mother did not die. Makes you wonder how people get so crazy.:(

This woman was supposed to be 8 months pregnant herself - wonder if she had been faking it..?. with a pillow or something.

popup.asp

This deranged woman - Peggy Jo Conner, must be mentally ill. I can't think of another explanation. She has 3 of her own children living with her and appears to be pretending a 7-8 mo. pregnancy.

Really - I'm flabbergasted! How could any sane woman beat half to death her pregnant neighbor (who also has a 7 yr. old child) - slit open her abdomen - then sit calmly in a car waiting for her victim to die so she can harvest the baby & keep it as her own???? How sick is that!!!

What power or evil notion could make a woman - herself, a mother, that desperate, cruel & vicious??? I just don't get it! What the H___ is going on in this country?? It's insane - totally insane! :confused:

13th Juror

http://www.timesdaily.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20051013/APA/510130910&cachetime=5

Oskin, 30, later underwent an emergency Caesarean section at a hospital. State police Thursday said she was in critical condition and her baby in stable condition. She was believed to have been in her third trimester of pregnancy, authorities said.

Peggy Jo Conner, 38, of Ford City, was arraigned Thursday on charges of attempted homicide and aggravated assault and was jailed without bail.

Conner had told her live-in partner before the attack that she was pregnant, and investigators found baby-related items in her trailer, Armstrong County District Attorney Scott Andreassi said.

"Clearly, she was expecting a child coming in shortly," Andreassi said. "There's nothing to indicate she was pregnant."

Conner cut Oskin across her abdomen with a razor knife, authorities said.

"She was sliced over an old (Caesarean) scar and severely bleeding," Trooper Jonathan Bayer said.

Sound like this women "claimed" to be pregnant to "hold on" to her man.......

Then of course she had to produce a baby.........

Disgusting..........

There was a movie sometime ago that was like this, except the women kidnapped the baby from a poor single Mom...........and then "claimed" to hubby, that it was "theirs", because the marriage was on the rocks and she thought the baby would "keep" them together.........

mysteriew said:
It seems like there are more and more of these. It is scary that a hopeful new parent, at the time they are the most vulnerable (very pregnant) could be a target for some sicko.

A friend of mine has a sister who is due any day, and she is worried something like this will happen to her. The sister in a nurse in a large hospital and comes in contact with a lot of strange people all the time.

Update: Attack Victim recovering

What a strange story.

A mother whose abdomen was slashed by a neighbor allegedly trying to steal her baby was improving in a hospital on Friday, police said.

The baby -- born by emergency Caesarean section -- was fine, state police said.

Valerie Oskin, 30, was believed to have been eight months pregnant when neighbor Peggy Joe Conner allegedly clubbed her with a bat and slashed her with a knife on Wednesday.

Conner, 38, had a bassinet and a baby swing waiting at her home, police say.

Conner was arraigned Thursday on charges of attempted homicide and aggravated assault and jailed without bail.

"Clearly, she was expecting a child coming in shortly," prosecutor Scott Andreassi said. "There's nothing to indicate she was pregnant."

The attack Wednesday was stopped before her baby was taken because a teenager on an all-terrain vehicle came across the women, police said.

State police said Friday that doctor's expected to removed Oskin's breathing tube.

"She's coming around," said Lt. Thomas Dubovi.

Thomas Wilks, who says he is Conner's husband but is separated from her, called the allegations against her "impossible" and said she truly was pregnant.

"I got a sonogram saying she is pregnant," Wilks told reporters. "I felt the baby kick in her stomach." He added that Conner is the mother of three children, ages 16, 14 and 11.

Conner and Oskin had a "close friendship," Wilks said. "It was getting closer as the days went by. They were pregnant together. They were helping each other out."

The assault began Wednesday morning, when Conner hit Oskin several times with a bat, Andreassi said.

Conner then put Oskin and Oskin's 7-year-old son in her car, dropped the boy off at a family member's house and drove the pregnant woman about 15 miles to a secluded area about 50 miles northeast of Pittsburgh, Andreassi said.

There, Conner cut Oskin about six to eight inches across her abdomen with a razor knife, authorities said.

More at CNN

An Armstrong County woman who told friends and family she was expecting a child was charged yesterday with beating her pregnant neighbor over the head with a baseball bat, driving her to a remote rural road and attempting to cut the woman's baby out of her abdomen. The attack was thwarted by a boy on an all-terrain vehicle and police took the suspect into custody.

Thomas Wilks, who initially said he was the suspect's husband but later acknowledged to KDKA-TV that he was her boyfriend, said he had spent the summer adding a nursery to the family's trailer. Friends had stocked it with second-hand baby supplies. He talked about the baby with a fishing buddy, and neighbors said he was very attentive to Ms. Conner, who had said she was eight months pregnant.

Mr. Wilks said he had no idea why Ms. Conner, who he believed was pregnant, would do such a thing.

Initial tests indicated the suspect was not pregnant. Health officials will run more tests in the coming days, Mr. Andreassi said.
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/05287/588566.stm

There was a movie on Lifetime where a woman(palyed by Kate Jackson) pretended to be pregnant. She murdered a woman and cut out the baby. I wonder if that is where this woman got the idea from? Thank God this baby is OK and it seems that the mother will recover also.

Adam Silvis was riding his all-terrain vehicle through the woods when he happened upon a scene he likely will never forget: one woman lying on the ground, bleeding from the abdomen; the other telling him nothing was wrong.

"It was so bizarre," the 17-year-old said.

Silvis said when he saw the two women, Conner "told me everything was fine and she was trying to find a place to hunt around here. I just said OK and left because I knew I had to keep my calm and act like I didn't think anything was wrong so she wouldn't take off."

He described Conner as "like a hollow shell. She had almost no emotion."

Silvis rode home about 150 yards away to alert his father, Andrew, who grabbed his gun and got on his own ATV to return to the scene.

"I didn't know what my son had seen and I wasn't sure if it was a homicide situation of if someone was trying to dump a body," Andrew Silvis said.
http://www.nbc10.com/news/5103313/detail.html

~snip~

"I tried to keep my cool and act nonchalant because I had to go home to call the police," said Silvis, who admitted he was "extremely scared."

"I acted like I couldn't see what was going on but it was obvious," he said, adding that Conner didn't appear nervous and even made small talk.

'Could See a Body'

Silvis said he drove off, telling Conner he had to check his hunting station. Before he left, he made sure to memorize Conner's license plate in case the women weren't there when he returned.

When he arrived home, he told his father, Andrew Silvis, what he had seen.

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/story?id=1215497

Adam is a hero. Thank God he came along when he did.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vigilandy
Back