Bosma Murder Trial 05.10.16 - Midweek Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sillybilly

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
The jury has been excused until Wednesday, May 11 when Mark Smich's defence team will begin to call its case. Please continue discussion here until the trial resumes Wednesday morning and a new daily trial thread is opened.

Special note to any Websleuths members who may attend court:

Whatever you hear in the courtroom that is being discussed outside the presence of the jury is NOT to be brought to the threads.

As always, please be respectful and remember:

The Rules

Rules Etiquette & Information - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Your Ignore List and You

:tyou:

:rose: Remembering Tim Bosma and waiting for Justice :rose:

bosma-wife.jpg

National Post

By Molly Hayes

B821254669Z.1_20130514195432_000_GQ9VSLAR.2_Content.jpg

TIM AND HIS DAUGHTER
Photo courtesy of the Bosma family​

Tim Bosma trial: Millard won't testify, no word on Smich

bosma-sketch.jpg

Legal counsel for accused killer Dellen Millard announced in court Monday that their client will not testify at the trial of the two men accused of killing Hamilton man Tim Bosma.

Millard's lawyer Ravin Pillay said he is not calling any witnesses at all. The accused is not compelled to testify, even at a murder trial.

Lawyers for Millard's co-accused, Mark Smich, said they will call evidence at the trial.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamil...lard-won-t-testify-no-word-on-smich-1.3573088

To be fair, SS said it appeared to be Smich. I think that given the one person was easily identified as Millard because of his gait, the second man could easily have been mistakenly identified as Smich. As I recall though, SS wasn't pressed on the issue in cross, so I doubt that Smich's team will try to deny his presence that night.
I think it's a little bit late in the game to deny it. No matter the wording he saw them both regularly.

Just have a thought of something unexplained:

On Wednesday after the test drive there were several men working at Maple Gate (on cars or on landscaping - both was said).
Does anybody know whether the phone pings are stating who was there at the time?
Is it totally irrelevant?? It has been an exceptional day for working at Maple Gate, I think.

I posted this in the other thread, but saw it was going to close....

I honestly believe MS and DM had a "brother" pact of sorts, through their lawyers, not to say a word, especially with the LB murder trial also on the horizon.

That said, when MS saw the letters in court, and it was evident DM had every intention of turning stool pigeon and setting him up to take the fall, MS decided their little pact was off. When DM and his counsel took a pass on taking the stand, MS pounced and is going to tell all -whether it is the whole truth or not.

Dellen the Felon, with his smug attitude, smiles and waves in open court, is about to get a reality check. He thought he was the "mission commander", so to speak, and MS was just the stupid guy who would do anything he asked. Maybe he was right, but I believe his brother, his partner is crime, is going to sing like a canary.

I think they are both going down for first degree murder, but I think MS is going to do everything he can to save his own *advertiser censored* now. DM was set to betray his "brother", and I am guessing MS is going to have a lot to say Wednesday. All this MOO

EDIT: My bad. MS would have seen the letters before court. But the premise remains: when he saw the letters, he decided he was going to turn. MOO

Crown closes its case in Tim Bosma trial: Here's what comes next
By Adam Carter, CBC News Posted: May 10, 2016

On Monday, Justice Andrew Goodman asked Millard and Smich's legal teams if they would be calling witnesses.

Millard's name is first on the indictment, so the question was first put to his lawyer Ravin Pillay.

Pillay said no, meaning Millard will not testify. An accused person cannot be compelled to testify.

The majority of evidence at the trial so far has centred on Millard. The aviation company heir even wrote about addressing the jury in jailhouse letters he had smuggled out to his then girlfriend, Christina Noudga.

"My heart's racing. [It's] probably a combination of a quick workout, and [rehearsing] an [opening] address to a jury," he wrote.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamilton/news/tim-bosma-trial-what-happens-now-1.3574185?cmp=rss

I honestly believe MS and DM had a "brother" pact of sorts, through their lawyers, not to say a word, especially with the LB murder trial also on the horizon.

That said, when MS saw the letters in court, and it was evident DM had every intention of turning stool pigeon and setting him up to take the fall, MS decided their little pact was off. When DM and his counsel took a pass on taking the stand, MS pounced and is going to tell all -whether it is the whole truth or not.

Dellen the Felon, with his smug attitude, smiles and waves in open court, is about to get a reality check. I believe his brother, his partner is crime, is going to sing like a canary.

I think they are both going down for first degree murder, but I think MS is going to do everything he can to save his own *advertiser censored* now. DM was set to betray his "brother", and I am guessing MS is going to have a lot to say Wednesday. MOO

I agree with the general theme here, except at the time of arrest, the LB trial was not on the horizon. It was still something that was being kept secret between them. At some point in discovery, MS would have seen the letters. It would have been at least a year or more down the road from the arrest as LE did not have them until then, but it would not have been in court.

While MS was in custody, around the time that LE seemed to be concentrating on the LB and WM deaths, MS breached his no contact order with MM. No doubt because he was being asked questions and wanted to find out from MM what she may have said? I think it was also said on here that MM was trying to contact MWJ via social media. Perhaps on behalf of MS?

So if MS was staying quiet at the beginning due to some kind of pact, once he was charged for the other murder and once he saw the letters in discovery, I'd imagine he figured all bets were off. But I have no idea if what he has likely told his lawyer about everything is the truth. Or if he made any kind of statement at the beginning.

MOO

I agree with the general theme here, except at the time of arrest, the LB trial was not on the horizon. It was still something that was being kept secret between them. At some point in discovery, MS would have seen the letters. It would have been at least a year or more down the road from the arrest as LE did not have them until then, but it would not have been in court.

While MS was in custody, around the time that LE seemed to be concentrating on the LB and WM deaths, MS breached his no contact order with MM. No doubt because he was being asked questions and wanted to find out from MM what she may have said? I think it was also said on here that MM was trying to contact MWJ via social media. Perhaps on behalf of MS?

So if MS was staying quiet at the beginning due to some kind of pact, once he was charged for the other murder and once he saw the letters in discovery, I'd imagine he figured all bets were off. But I have no idea if what he has likely told his lawyer about everything is the truth. Or if he made any kind of statement at the beginning.

MOO

Yes, I should have worded that a little differently. I think the jailhouse pact was made prior to the LB charges being announced, and related just to TB. I think whenever he saw the letters, like you mentioned, he decided he was going to sing. Yes, you are correct, he would have seen the letters beforehand. My bad.

At the end of the day, I still think this is how it is going to shake down. As soon as MS saw / heard about the letters, he decided he was going to sing, which I think explains the silence, almost hostility, between the two of them throughout the trial. I think the moment Dungey announced they were calling evidence, DM realized he was about to be royally screwed over. MOO

Well its pretty obvious there is no love loss between the two of them now. Have they even acknowledged each other in the past 3 months? It would be interesting to be a fly on the wall in the holding area or in the prison van. I'm sure there is plenty of conversation between these two once out of view from the jury.

Since they are in seperate facilities do you think they would be transported together?

Another good article on the upcoming process
Goodman excused the jury until Wednesday, when Dungey will begin calling his own witnesses. In all likelihood, he will not call nearly as much evidence as the Crown did. He will also give an opening address, as the Crown did at the beginning of the trial.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamilton/news/tim-bosma-trial-what-happens-now-1.3574185

More details

http://www.thespec.com/news-story/6546273-clairmont-the-end-of-the-bosma-trial-is-in-sight/

Since they are in seperate facilities do you think they would be transported together?

I believe there is a no contact order between them so they are probably transported seperately. IMO

For someone like DM, his loss of freedom is the ultimate penalty. From evidence presented that shows his perceived entitlement to enjoy travelling, toys and other stuff wealth allows, and he seemed to cherish those over human life. He used that status to avoid real life financial responsibility, and even went so far as to text AM that he needed to steal $100,000/month to keep up that lifestyle. Never did he consider he should be adjusting his lifestyle to live within his means.

Even his letters to CN suggested that if he was released they would travel the world and build a dream house. Ignoring that his whole status of wealth had been destroyed by the sense of entitlement.

MOO

Dellen the Felon, with his smug attitude, smiles and waves in open court, is about to get a reality check. He thought he was the "mission commander", so to speak, and MS was just the stupid guy who would do anything he asked. Maybe he was right, but I believe his brother, his partner is crime, is going to sing like a canary.

I think they are both going down for first degree murder, but I think MS is going to do everything he can to save his own *advertiser censored* now. DM was set to betray his "brother", and I am guessing MS is going to have a lot to say Wednesday. All this MOO

EDIT: My bad. MS would have seen the letters before court. But the premise remains: when he saw the letters, he decided he was going to turn. MOO

I agree. But even after seeing the evidence through disclosure, the trial status at this point most likely had a large impact on MS and his defence team's decision to present evidence.

There was much discussion on the previous thread about legal team performance. I will not judge their performance, but question some of the early tactics used by DM's defence. They started by indicating he had the means to buy the truck. What was all that about? He may have had the means, but there was overwhelming evidence in statements by MH, AM, and texting records that he was in the habit of stealing things.

MOO

I believe there is a no contact order between them so they are probably transported seperately. IMO
Thank you I didn't believe they would be given the opportunity to communicate.

Things that make you go "hmmmm"......it may seem I am reaching here, but I don't think so.

Whether or not that is CN's Instagram, on her Blue Jays / beer can photo, she replies that she went to the game Thursday.

Thursday's game, the Jays won 12-2. Crowd was around 36,000. At first glance, based on the upper deck, it looks like it may indeed have been Thursday night.

But something struck me as odd. The Jays wore their home whites Thursday, which makes sense when you look at the pitcher on the mound in the photo. The pitcher is clearly wearing all white (pants and jersey). The Texas Rangers, who wear either grey or dark blue jerseys on the road, wore their dark blue jerseys that night, with grey pants.

If you blow up the picture and look at the batter and third base coach, I am 99% sure that is a grey jersey and not dark blue. You can clearly see the difference in the umpires, wearing black, at first and second base. Look at the batter up close, it is quite clear he is wearing a dark batting helmet, and darker than the jersey.

We also know that the game is not from the Dodgers game Friday or Saturday, as those were larger crowds (sellout in the case of Saturday).

So, I think CN, or whoever it is, is lying about when that picture was taken in a classless attempt to use the #welovebjs hashtag. Piggy backing on that, there are unlicensed shirts available from street vendors on your way to the dome that say things like "I LOVE BJs" and "ONE BJ IS BETTER THAN NINE YANKS".

I think whoever is using that account is either someone trying to be CN because the person is attention starved, or it IS CN and the #welovebjs is a direct, tasteless reference to her "bj" testimony of last week, and she is just using an old picture to get her point across under the guise of going to a Jays game. The #coldbeer hashtag is probably just a reference that she can do whatever she wants, court order or not.

Either way, that person is a ***** and we can only hope that karma carries a gavel. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back2theGardenAgain