Reaction score
Website
meettomy.site
The Doe Network:
Case File 8UMGA
8UMGA.jpg

Reconstruction of Victim

Unidentified White Male
  • The victim was discovered on January 7, 1979 in Eatonton, Putnam County, Georgia

Vital Statistics

• [*]Estimated age: 25-30 years old
    [*]Approximate Height and Weight: 5'8"; 190 lbs.
    [*]Distinguishing Characteristics: Brown/reddish tint hair; blue eyes. Reddish beard.
    [*]Clothing: Banlon shirt, grey knit slacks, no underwear, socks nor shoes.
  • Dentals: Available
  • Fingerprints: Available

Case History
The victim was located in a loaded coal car train from Tennessee, at the Georgia Power Plant in Eatonton, Georgia.

Investigators
If you have any information about this case please contact:
Georgia Bureau of Investigation - Milledgeville
478-445-4173

You may remain anonymous when submitting information.

Agency Case Number:

NCIC Number:
U-410321684

Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Source Information:
Georgia Bureau of Investigation

http://doenetwork.org/cases/8umga.html

This profile not is in Namus database

Posting here what I just posted on another thread. Doesn't mean they are related... although I found it worth mentioning.

There was another John Doe found before this one (WhtMale 8UMGA) in the same location, months before.

John Doe 1011UMGA was a young Black male found on June 10, 1978. He was also found in coal car at the Eatonton Georgia Power Plant.

His thread: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...le-1011UMGA-18-22-In-Coal-Car-of-Train-Jun-78

https://gbi.georgia.gov/case/unidentified-remains-363
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1011umga.html

The Doe Network
1011UMGA1.jpg
1011UMGA.jpg

Artistic renderings of the victim (NCMEC/GBI)

[h=1]Unidentified Male[/h] Date of Discovery: June 10, 1978
Location of Discovery: Eatonton, Putnam County, Georgia
Estimated Date of Death: 1 to 2 days prior
State of Remains: Recognizable face
Cause of Death: Unknown

[h=5]Physical Description[/h] ** Listed information is approximate
Estimated Age: 15-22 years old
Race: Black
Height: Unknown
Weight: 130-140 lbs.
Hair Color: Black or brown, styled in an afro. Some of the hair was dyed a reddish tint.
Eye Color: Brown

Distinguishing Marks/Features: Well-nourished. Slim build. He had long fingernails on both hands and curled eyelashes. He also had sutures in his left upper lip which was still unhealed from a recent injury when he was found. Numerous old scars were also seen on his upper chest, back and legs. Cervical rib on the left side.

Dentals: Available.
Fingerprints: Available.
DNA: Not available.
[h=5]Clothing & Personal Items[/h] Clothing: Black knit shirt, jeans, a blue elastic belt with the word “jeans” inscribed on it, bikini underwear, and gray leather lace-up dress shoes (size 8).

Jewelry: Unknown

Additional Personal Items: Unknown

[h=5]Case History[/h] The victim's body was found in a train coal car while stopped in Eatonton at the Georgia Power Plant. On June 8, 1978, the train was put together in Fariston, Kentucky. It made stops in Corbin, Kentucky, Etowah, Tennessee, before arriving in Atlanta the same day. The train left the following day en route to Camak, Warren County, Georgia. The train arrived in Eatonton on June 10, 1978. It is unknown in which city the male entered the train car.

Strange that this guy was found in January with no socks, shoes or underwear yet was wearing a pair of knit slacks.

bumping ... I wish he was in NamUs! (JMO)

Reactions: mrz
Nothing much to add.

Unidentified Remains: Putnam County, White Male

Date found: Sun, 01/07/1979 - 12:00
Race: White
Weight: 190
Height: 5' 8"
Hair Color: Reddish Tint
Sex: Male
Birth Range: 1949 - 1954

Contact Info: GBI Regional Office in Milledgeville - (478) 445-4173

The remains were located in a loaded coal car train from Tennessee at the Georgia Power Plant in Eatonton, Georgia. Dental, fingerprints and x-rays are available.

What about this one?
upload_2019-11-27_15-33-21.jpeg upload_2019-11-27_15-33-29.jpeg upload_2019-11-27_15-38-42.jpeg
Roger Jonathan Stenholt – The Charley Project
-Disappeared “sometime in” 1978
-Arizona
-White, Male
-22 years old
-5’11-6’1”, 165-180 lbs
-Brown hair, Brown eyes
-He has an oval-shaped burn scar on his lower leg and a scar on his right ankle. He may have fractured his right leg and right arm, and has a lump on his forehead from a childhood injury.
-He was in New York at the time, but is believed to have traveled to Phoenix, Arizona afterwards. He has never been heard from again.

Nice find! Same high forehead (though is the hairline different in the first photo?). Same long eyebrows with similar arch. On the downside the ear shape on Stenholt may be different as is the lower lipline I believe. There is a good front-on photo of him at 15yo in his Namus file demonstrating the ear shape. However the angles of all the adult-age photos make it a difficult comparison and it's one for the experts.

Notice his Namus record also says he has a 'goose-egg' on his head from a childhood injury which is mentioned in Charley Project.

Not sure if you've ever heard, but turning the photos upside down, sizing them the same and covering all except the body part you are looking it (ie put a black strip across everything except the noses or the ears or whatever) is really helpful. I used train people in detecting document fraud and this was one of the first things we taught.

I reckon you should send it in to Stenholt's Namus contact. His record says updated 18 Nov 19 so someone has looked at him quite recently, for some purpose. I know you are offshore like me so phoning it in isn't an option.

What about this one?
View attachment 217958 View attachment 217959 View attachment 217960
Roger Jonathan Stenholt – The Charley Project
-Disappeared “sometime in” 1978
-Arizona
-White, Male
-22 years old
-5’11-6’1”, 165-180 lbs
-Brown hair, Brown eyes
-He has an oval-shaped burn scar on his lower leg and a scar on his right ankle. He may have fractured his right leg and right arm, and has a lump on his forehead from a childhood injury.
-He was in New York at the time, but is believed to have traveled to Phoenix, Arizona afterwards. He has never been heard from again.

Wohhhh yehhh,

Nice find! Same high forehead (though is the hairline different in the first photo?). Same long eyebrows with similar arch. On the downside the ear shape on Stenholt may be different as is the lower lipline I believe. There is a good front-on photo of him at 15yo in his Namus file demonstrating the ear shape. However the angles of all the adult-age photos make it a difficult comparison and it's one for the experts.

Notice his Namus record also says he has a 'goose-egg' on his head from a childhood injury which is mentioned in Charley Project.

Not sure if you've ever heard, but turning the photos upside down, sizing them the same and covering all except the body part you are looking it (ie put a black strip across everything except the noses or the ears or whatever) is really helpful. I used train people in detecting document fraud and this was one of the first things we taught.

I reckon you should send it in to Stenholt's Namus contact. His record says updated 18 Nov 19 so someone has looked at him quite recently, for some purpose. I know you are offshore like me so phoning it in isn't an option.

@Melt71 Interesting info about detecting fraud....never thought of that....totally different subject but I think some of the same effects....learn to look different....In my painting class I learned putting a face up-site-down, and paint it....teach you to look totally different.

[QUOTE = "Miembro eliminado 165632, post: 12578031"] Publicando aquí lo que acabo de publicar en otro hilo. No significa que estén relacionados ... aunque encontré que vale la pena mencionarlo.

Hubo otro John Doe encontrado antes de este (WhtMale 8UMGA) en la misma ubicación, meses antes.

John Doe 1011UMGA era un joven negro encontrado el 10 de junio de 1978. También fue encontrado en un automóvil de carbón en la planta de energía Eatonton Georgia.

Su hilo: GA - GA - Eatonton, BlkMale 1011UMGA, 15-20, in train car, sutures in lip Jun'78

Unidentified Remains: Eatonton GA, UPDATE 10302013
1011UMGA

[MESA]
Muy extraña coincidencia. ¿Algún asesino en serie en el área?

[TR]
[TD] [/ TD]
[TD] La red Doe
1011UMGA1.jpg
1011UMGA.jpg

Representaciones artísticas de la víctima (NCMEC / GBI)

[h=1]Unidentified Male[/h] Date of Discovery: June 10, 1978
Location of Discovery: Eatonton, Putnam County, Georgia
Estimated Date of Death: 1 to 2 days prior
State of Remains: Recognizable face
Cause of Death: Unknown

[h=5]Physical Description[/h] ** Listed information is approximate
Estimated Age: 15-22 years old
Race: Black
Height: Unknown
Weight: 130-140 lbs.
Hair Color: Black or brown, styled in an afro. Some of the hair was dyed a reddish tint.
Eye Color: Brown

Distinguishing Marks/Features: Well-nourished. Slim build. He had long fingernails on both hands and curled eyelashes. He also had sutures in his left upper lip which was still unhealed from a recent injury when he was found. Numerous old scars were also seen on his upper chest, back and legs. Cervical rib on the left side.

Dentals: Available.
Fingerprints: Available.
DNA: Not available.
[h=5]Clothing & Personal Items[/h] Clothing: Black knit shirt, jeans, a blue elastic belt with the word “jeans” inscribed on it, bikini underwear, and gray leather lace-up dress shoes (size 8).

Jewelry: Unknown

Additional Personal Items: Unknown

[h=5]Case History[/h] The victim's body was found in a train coal car while stopped in Eatonton at the Georgia Power Plant. On June 8, 1978, the train was put together in Fariston, Kentucky. It made stops in Corbin, Kentucky, Etowah, Tennessee, before arriving in Atlanta the same day. The train left the following day en route to Camak, Warren County, Georgia. The train arrived in Eatonton on June 10, 1978. It is unknown in which city the male entered the train car.
[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE][/QUOTE]

Parece el trabajo de un asesino en serie. No recuerdo su nombre, pero escuché de una persona que viajaba en trenes a ferias, carnavales ... Simplemente no recuerdo su nombre.

Parece el trabajo de un asesino en serie. No recuerdo su nombre, pero escuché de una persona que viajaba en trenes a ferias, carnavales ... Simplemente no recuerdo su nombre.
(Translation) It looks like a serial killer's job. I don't remember his name, but I heard of a person who was traveling on trains to fairs, carnivals ... I just don't remember his name.
Did the serial killer you reference target males in particular? I am not too familiar with many serial killers, but that might help someone narrow it down.

Did the serial killer you reference target males in particular? I am not too familiar with many serial killers, but that might help someone narrow it down.

Bringing my post over from the other UID found in a the same train (African-American)
"He could have been killed in Tennessee and somebody trowed him on the coal train car....Interesting the other one mentioned (white male found on the same spot in Georgia on January 1979 in a coal train car) Now I have to go back to search on murder-pedia, because I'm almost sure I read something about a (serial) killer working at the railroad tracks/mines. I'm not sure in what state anymore...grrrrr".

I'm going to try and find it right now.

Bringing my post over from the other UID found in a the same train (African-American)
"He could have been killed in Tennessee and somebody trowed him on the coal train car....Interesting the other one mentioned (white male found on the same spot in Georgia on January 1979 in a coal train car) Now I have to go back to search on murder-pedia, because I'm almost sure I read something about a (serial) killer working at the railroad tracks/mines. I'm not sure in what state anymore...grrrrr".

I'm going to try and find it right now.
Seems like I remember reading about one too when I first found these cases, but I couldn’t remember!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biff
Back