Sex:
Male
Hair Color:
Sandy
Eyes:
Blue
Birth Range:

Bartow County Homicide

The GBI, Adairsville Police Department and Bartow County Sheriff's Office are seeking information on the murder of a 20 year old Federal Jobs Corps Trainee whose body was found near Adairsville on October 6, 1992.

The victim, Walter J. Cropper, was last seen Sunday, September 20, 1992 at 1:00 pm in Prestonsburg, Kentucky. He was seen walking down the road in front of the Jobs Corps Center in Prestonsburg. He was to graduate from the Jobs Corps the next week and return to his home in Panama City, Florida.

On Thursday, October 6, 1992, Cropper's partially decomposed body was discovered 20 feet from Martin Luther King, Jr., Drive which is located about a mile from the intersection of I-75 & Highway 140 in Adairsville. He had been shot in the chest.

Investigators do not believe he was killed at this location. They also think his death occurred the day he disappeared from Kentucky - Sunday, September 20, 1992.

Cropper may have been riding in a 1992 red Ford Probe. Anyone with information on this case is asked to call the GBI Tip Line at 1-800-597-TIPS.

Hgt: 5' 8"
Wgt: 133 lbs.
Hair: Sandy
Eyes: Blue

Possibly murdered by same person, (Harry Eugene Hale) who may be responsible for missing person, Chris Zahn..
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...Atlanta-28-April-1992&p=12546544#post12546544
GA - Christoph Zahn, 21, Atlanta, 28 April 1992

Hale is also a suspect in the disappearance of Mitchell Manns. They found some of his property at Hale's mother's house.

If that weren't the case, I don't know why Hale would be a suspect in Manns' case. Other than him going missing from near Floyd County (where Cropper was last seen). Manns was in his late-30's (Zahn/Cropper were early-20's) and he was a lot pudgier than the other guys Hale is suspected of killing and/or abusing.

Refreshing for Walter!...and Chris...and Mitchell...

There is justice to be had for these guys!

Can anyone direct me to any links or stories about Harry Hale prior to being arrested for credit card fraud? I know they said he was arrested in Kentucky in 1981 for indecent exposure. I have not been able to find any links to stories about how it was police said he was stalking men in bus stations, etc. Any thing related to him other than CZ is appreciated.

Can anyone direct me to any links or stories about Harry Hale prior to being arrested for credit card fraud? I know they said he was arrested in Kentucky in 1981 for indecent exposure. I have not been able to find any links to stories about how it was police said he was stalking men in bus stations, etc. Any thing related to him other than CZ is appreciated.
FWIW -- have no idea whether or not this is the same Harry Hale:

More info on Hale on this thread..

''In response to a question from the prosecutor as to what effor had been made to locate Zahn, the GBI agent responded that: “The: have been tremendous efforts launched to locate Christoph Zahn c the body.” Although defense counsel objected without giving any bi sis for the objection, the character issue was preserved for appellai review by the trial court’s denial of Hale’s pre-trial motion in limin Harley-Davidson Motor Co. v. Daniel, 244 Ga. 284 (260 SE2d 2( (1979). Without specifically ruling on the objection, the trial cou reprimanded the witness for implying that Zahn may be dead ar stated in the presence of the jury that there was no evidence as what may have happened to Zahn and that the only relevant matt before the jury was the current charge.''

'Investigators believe his death happened the same day he vanished from Kentucky.'

Attachments

• 1706543716452.png
    1706543716452.png
    728.4 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
@voicefromtheholler
rbbm
"Investigators said that Hale had a reputation for stalking bus stations and highways searching for young male transients in 1992. He is suspected of drugging and sexually assaulting young men in several states. There is speculation that he was connected to the 1990 disappearance of Mitchell Manns in Kentucky, but he has never been charged in that case.

Zahn's case remains unsolved, but foul play is suspected due to the circumstances involved in his disappearance.''

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back