Found Deceased TX - Eric Shearer, 31, Hutchins, 7 May 2016

JerseyGirl

Forum Coordinator
Staff member
Forum Coordinators
Reaction score
Eric Shearer, 31, of Mesquite was heading home from a friend’s house when he crashed about 11:30 p.m. near the Trinity River overpass on eastbound I-20.

"He called his girlfriend shortly after the crash and told her that he’d been hurt and was bleeding. He said he was stuck in the mud and there was blood everywhere. Then his line went dead and no one’s been able to trace him," his brother said.

Hutchins police Chief said it’s possible Shearer was swept away by the Trinity, though authorities have not been able to confirm that theory so far. Earlier this week, police officers and game wardens used dogs and sonar technology to search for traces of Shearer in the Trinity River and its surroundings. Police dogs picked up his scent near the banks of the Trinity but lost it.

http://thescoopblog.dallasnews.com/...fter-crash-on-i-20-in-hutchins-saturday.html/

image1-51-300x300.jpg

Texas Equusearch is coming in at sun up tomorrow morning to search for Eric. I'm actually live in Forney but can't afford to take time off work to go look. Would love to help if I could!

Shearer was seen walking away from the accident scene prior to the arrival of a first responder.

Shearer contacted his girlfriend following the accident and told her he needed a ride home after fleeing the scene. She drove to the scene of the accident but was unable to locate Shearer.

Shearer went to a party that night in Mesquite where he drank half a bottle of Fireball.

Search efforts where in an area of interest near the water’s edge along the Trinity River. Sonar equipment was deployed and after several miles of searching the river front, Shearer was unable to be located.

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2016/05/11/search-suspended-for-missing-man-in-hutchins/

Search efforts have currently been suspended pending new information.

Shearer was seen walking away from the accident scene prior to the arrival of a first responder.

Shearer contacted his girlfriend following the accident and told her he needed a ride home after fleeing the scene. She drove to the scene of the accident but was unable to locate Shearer.

Shearer went to a party that night in Mesquite where he drank half a bottle of Fireball.

Search efforts where in an area of interest near the water’s edge along the Trinity River. Sonar equipment was deployed and after several miles of searching the river front, Shearer was unable to be located.

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2016/05/11/search-suspended-for-missing-man-in-hutchins/

Search efforts have currently been suspended pending new information.

Ouch. He may just be hiding out somewhere to avoid getting into trouble, but if so it's time to surface and face the music.

Rest in peace, Eric. Prayers for your family. :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back