IL IL - Haileigh Eichhorn, 26, Bloomington, 26 April 2013

OkieGranny

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
http://www.pantagraph.com/news/loca...cle_d86d63e3-eebb-5e97-8ac5-02aaac9cd3d6.html

Three years after it was determined a local woman was murdered, the Bloomington Police Department on Thursday... said all leads are being "actively pursued" in the death of Haileigh Eichhorn, whose body was found May 7, 2013 in a field in rural Stanford.

http://www.pantagraph.com/news/loca...cle_ef2a4e64-df92-11e2-9413-001a4bcf887a.html

Officials believe she had been in the field for some time. She was reported missing to Bloomington police on April 27, 10 days before her body was discovered. No vehicle or other items were discovered at the scene.

McLean County Coroner Beth Kimmerling said Eichhorn was the victim of a fatal assault.

http://www.pantagraph.com/news/loca...cle_10c61c38-5d01-11e3-886e-001a4bcf887a.html

Police say they have found the last known image of the victim taken on the morning of her disappearance. In the image, she can be seen wearing a pink shirt with a dark-colored, patterned and hooded jacket.

This happened in Ilinois.

Is there any information onlline about her background?

Bumping this thread in her honour. Its now been 5 years. And it seems like they are no closer on this case.

Six Years Later, Families Seek Closure In B-N Deaths

Life was hard for Haileigh Eichhorn in the month before she died.

The 26-year-old Bloomington woman was caught stealing soap, lip balm, and mascara from a Kroger. A week later police found her huffing compressed air in a Walmart bathroom. Nine days later, police stopped her after someone spotted her huffing outside a funeral home.

Eichhorn told police she was homeless, had no money, and that her life sucked.

“She was going through a bad time in her life,” said her mother, Penni Eichhorn.

Haileigh was last seen alive Sunday, April 28, 2013. Nine days later, her body was found by a farmer in rural Stanford, about 15 miles west of Bloomington. Authorities said she was assaulted.

Her killer has never been found. It’s one of very few unsolved homicides in recent history in Bloomington-Normal.

Six Years Later, Families Seek Closure In B-N Deaths

Life was hard for Haileigh Eichhorn in the month before she died.

The 26-year-old Bloomington woman was caught stealing soap, lip balm, and mascara from a Kroger. A week later police found her huffing compressed air in a Walmart bathroom. Nine days later, police stopped her after someone spotted her huffing outside a funeral home.

Eichhorn told police she was homeless, had no money, and that her life sucked.

“She was going through a bad time in her life,” said her mother, Penni Eichhorn.

Haileigh was last seen alive Sunday, April 28, 2013. Nine days later, her body was found by a farmer in rural Stanford, about 15 miles west of Bloomington. Authorities said she was assaulted.

Her killer has never been found. It’s one of very few unsolved homicides in recent history in Bloomington-Normal.
Yeah I remember this incident

I went to school with her. I feel the community kind of knows who did this, and I know it’s been brought to the BPD’s attention many times. It’s pretty known. Also this was such a gruesome case, with so many mysteries. Idk why there hasn’t been more media attention or coverage by other outlets. Regardless, I hope they find who did this and her family gets the justice and closure they deserve.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back