GUILTY TX - Jubal Alexander, 24, found decapitated, Angleton, 27 April 2016

OkieGranny

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
http://www.khou.com/news/crime/headless-body-found-in-brazoria-county/189927334

Authorities say a headless body was found in a pickup parked at the Austin Bayou Boat Ramp on FM 2004 in Brazoria County. The discovery was made the evening of May 3. The victim has since been identified as Jubal Dee Alexander from Port Arthur...

Alexander worked as a pipe cutter for a plant in the area. Authorities say he worked the overnight shift, and was homeless, so he would sleep in his truck during the day.

http://www.panews.com/2016/05/13/pa-mans-headless-body-found-in-brazoria-county/

Kincheloe said though the department has conducted an exhaustive search using cadaver dogs and search boats in water and land surrounding the crime scene, the victim’s head has not yet been located...

Alexander was working at one of the chemical plants in Brazoria County. He was a skilled worker and was living in his vehicle under the bridge where his body was found, Kincheloe said.

Alexander was last seen in the city of Angleton on April 27 in the morning hours.

For my 2 cents here... I've been on WS for several years. I've not done any research on this case, nor am I in the area where this occurred. However, I wanted to help start the conversation by posing some basic theories. My approach is to pose and analyze theories and challenge them, and from that you arrive at the theory or theories that are most likely. So, please poke holes in my theories or present your own and let's have at it.
1) The Gulf of Mexico IS a very heavy narcotics trafficking zone. Consider what the cartels have done with digging extensive tunnels under the USA border with Mexico, several amazing tunnels found this year alone. A wall might stop herds of Armadillos from entering the USA but it won't stop the very lucrative flow of cocaine and other very valuable commodities.
So with that backdrop, murders of this savage nature might point to JA having been in the wrong place at the wrong time. It might have just been coincidental that he was in a very hot location where some activity was going on. This is of course assuming that he had no real connections to the perps. He may not have even seen anything... they might have just thought he did. Witnesses aren't allowed.
2) Looking at #1 a different way... consider that JA actually did know the perps and was aware of the activities, but was out of his league.
3) Aside from the violence associated with cartels, smuggling, drugs, gangs, etc... this part of the country is also known to have other kinds of murderers. How could we categorize those?
3a) Serial Killer - it's not unheard of for someone to stop and kill someone who is pulled over on the shoulder or even in a rest area. Even well known people like Michael Jordan's father, have been murdered this way. (although that incident appeared to have been motivated as a robbery). This situation was clearly not a robbery. But can we rule out serial killer? They often kill homeless people, prostitutes... because its simply easier to get away with. Appearing almost as vulnerable would be someone parked under a viaduct, or pulled over on the shoulder. A lot of serial killer or random murders occur on or very close to interstate highways. (you can check out the reasons for that elsewhere).
3b) Mistaken Identity - It's possible that the truck and location may have matched someone with similar characteristics who was on someone's hit list. A local with a score to settle, or again pointing back gangs, cartels, or other organized crime activity.
Consider WHY the head was taken. One reason would be Proof of the hit. Another would be a "trophy" for a psycho. What other reasons can you think of?
3c) Ritualistic or gang initiation - For lack of better words "Death cults" and gangs sometimes require members, especially new members to perform a gruesome act to prove their loyalty (to whomever or whatever). With hollywood-ized Cosa Nostra initiation the murders were usually carried out as sanctioned hits for mainly business / power reasons. However, in the real world, targeting rules with criminals and psychos aren't really so clear-cut. Not nearly as clear-cut as the concept of loyalty and mutual culpability. However it comes to be, the idea of "making bones" or proving the ability to commit a gruesome murder and behave as if one
just picked up the laundry, is part of the way things work. Ultimately gangs, cartels, organized crime, or even cults have no power unless they have the ability to kill and terrorize. It keeps almost everyone in line. The ones it doesn't keep in line, ultimately are competitors.
4) He pissed someone off and they knew who he was... Meaning that it was personal. What is the likelyhood that he pissed off someone over a girl, a debt, or merely a perceived insult? Someone that knew him, his truck, maybe where he was working. He must have known people and had hangouts. Or was he totally isolated? In this day, people kill for a video game system. Jealously over a woman or perhaps a woman saying he wronged her, could precipitate an execution. It's in fact the leading cause of murder in the USA if not the world. Usually those types of crimes are more spontaneous and don't involve taking someone's head. That may have been done to make it look like something else... or maybe their anger took them down that morbid path. LE might have a clue about that... because someone acting with emotion like rage might leave the scene looking a bit different than a totally cold meticulous experienced killer.

What do you think about these theories and are their any others that make sense?

A cartel would be sure to publicize a beheading as the warning to others it is intended to be; if it was a routine "he saw (or knew) too much," they'd just shoot him, no muss, no fuss.

A cartel connected beheading in Texas wouldn't necessarily be publicly claimed as one of their acts.

I also don't know that law enforcement would necessarily release information about anything found at a scene that might indicate cartel involvement.

Last spring a man's (Palacios Paz) decapitated and mutilated body was discovered on South Padre Island in Cameron County. Paz was a Honduran national working illegally in the US.

There is a WS thread about that case:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-decapitated-South-Padre-Island-16-March-2015

Four men were later arrested and charged in that case. One of the four is a now former Border Patrol agent.

When the arrests were made, law enforcement included a statement that the men charged in the case were associated with a cartel.

Their trials are scheduled for next month.

In that case, the murder victim worked with three of the men. I can't locate the article, but I recall that the victim himself was not thought to be involved with cartel drug trafficking, but had the misfortune of working at a tire shop with the wrong people.

I may be wrong in my memory of all of the particulars around that murder. The trial should reveal more (but not necessarily all) about the motive and circumstances of his death.

I doubt the murder of Jubal Alexander in Angleton would have any connection to the death of Paz.

I only brought up Paz as an example of a cartel related decapitation in Texas that was not heralded with a narco-banner (that we know of) or any other means of sending a message to the general public.

Alexander may well have been at the wrong place at the wrong time.

His death may not have any relation to cartel associated people and their activities on the Gulf Coast, but I can't rule it out at this point.

I also can't rule out that his decapitation death could be the work of any other drug trafficking organization (DTO) that doesn't necessarily "look like" cartel, but is associated one way or another via the supply chains.

The one thing that has me wondering is - why was he sleeping in his truck? His dad said they had a nice dinner a few days previously, and he had a job, so what was going on that - one family wouldn't let him stay for a spell (dad) and two, pipe fitters usually make pretty good money. I haven't looked too much into his employment, but I guess it is possible he worked on a rig in the gulf and thus no real need for immediate housing?

The one thing that has me wondering is - why was he sleeping in his truck? His dad said they had a nice dinner a few days previously, and he had a job, so what was going on that - one family wouldn't let him stay for a spell (dad) and two, pipe fitters usually make pretty good money. I haven't looked too much into his employment, but I guess it is possible he worked on a rig in the gulf and thus no real need for immediate housing?

In the interview with dad article, it is mentioned that he was trying to save money. That's why he was sleeping in the truck.

In the interview with dad article, it is mentioned that he was trying to save money. That's why he was sleeping in the truck.

I guess he was too proud to stay with family and friends, a "man thing," if you will.

Rest in Peace, Jubal.

:rose:

Facebook account for victim Jubal Dee Alexander:

https://m.facebook.com/jubal.alexander.1

It is reported that he was last heard from on April 27.

His body was found at the Austin Bayou boat ramp area on FM 2004 on May 3.

On 05/03/2016, at approximately 6:00 pm, Brazoria County Sheriff's Deputies responded to the Austin Bayou Boat ramp on FM 2004.

Positive identification was made through fingerprint analysis. Time and date of death has not been established; however, the victim was last heard from on April 27, 2016.

http://kfdm.com/news/local/port-arthur-mans-headless-body-found-in-brazoria-county

April 27 to May 3

That's a considerable amount of time.

Interesting.

Jubal Dee Alexander is among 78 Facebook friends of a man from east Texas who was convicted in federal court (3-2014 -- Eastern District of Texas) for conspiracy to distribute methamphetamine, along with some other federal charges.

May or may not be relevant to Alexander's murder.

Nonetheless, it is interesting.

I was able to notice it quickly because the other man's name has crossed my line of sight due to other Texas crimes that have been in the news.

If I noticed it right away. I'm going to assume that law enforcement also noticed it.

I wouldn't assume that LE noticed it, would be a good idea to give them the tip. I have located people on FB that investigators were supposedly looking for, for YEARS. Sometimes they just don't have the time.

Interesting.

Jubal Dee Alexander is among 78 Facebook friends of a man from east Texas who was convicted in federal court (3-2014 -- Eastern District of Texas) for conspiracy to distribute methamphetamine, along with some other federal charges.

May or may not be relevant to Alexander's murder.

Nonetheless, it is interesting.

I was able to notice it quickly because the other man's name has crossed my line of sight due to other Texas crimes that have been in the news.

If I noticed it right away. I'm going to assume that law enforcement also noticed it.

It would be helpful to build a profile of JA to position against the theories.
1) Why would he be friends with a meth dealer? What other types of people did he associate with?
2) Did JA have any kind of record or prior known use of drugs at all?
3) Why would he be down at the Boat Ramp (assuming he was murdered there and not left there)?
4) Was he reported missing?
5) Did he have any habits, for example since he lived in his truck, he probably ate at certain places?
6) He probably had a cell phone... when was it last used?
7) Are there any correlations of contact between his phone and his whereabouts or direct or indirect associations with social media friends?
8) Was he involved with any women? Would be curious what they would say...
9) What was his work schedule like, Monday to Friday or something else?
10) Did he hang out with any coworkers at all?

Since so far this is pointing a little more towards execution because of the beheading:
1) What are the most likely reasons to be executed?
a) Debt?
b) Refused or failed to do something?
c) Was a suspected informant?
d) Missing merchandise?
e) Mistaken identity? (Is this plausible?)
f) Wrong place, Wrong time (He maybe went to sleep someplace where something was going down and they took his head because they weren't sure who he was)?

Other reasons and do any of these seem more likely than others?

Interesting to note that no one heard from him since 4/27. Body found on 5/3. That is 6 days. He was employed as pipe fitter and the employer didn't even raise the alarm when he missed work.
Many times victims of crime are found by coworkers or an alarm is raised by them when they don't show up for work.

1) Why would he be friends with a meth dealer? What other types of people did he associate with?
3) Why would he be down at the Boat Ramp (assuming he was murdered there and not left there)?
4) Was he reported missing?
5) Did he have any habits, for example since he lived in his truck, he probably ate at certain places?
6) He probably had a cell phone... when was it last used?
7) Are there any correlations of contact between his phone and his whereabouts or direct or indirect associations with social media friends?
8) Was he involved with any women? Would be curious what they would say...
9) What was his work schedule like, Monday to Friday or something else?
10) Did he hang out with any coworkers at all?

1. Perhaps not just friends on FB, but a family relationship.

Great questions. So much missing information.

Especially for such a gruesome end to a young life.

*snipped*

The victim did not have a criminal history, [Brazoria County Sheriff's Dept. Captain] Kincheloe said.

http://m.panews.com/2016/05/13/pa-mans-headless-body-found-in-brazoria-county/#sthash.tPd6GSLB.dpuf

Something else that seems odd is that his body was found on May 3, yet the first news reports came out on May 13.

Presumably he could be tentatively identified through his vehicle registration or even his driver's license since his wallet was still in his truck.

News articles state he was identified by fingerprints. My assumption is that was done through his prints on file with his drivers license. He definitely had a license because the photo at the following link is standard DPS-DMV blue background.

http://kfdm.com/news/local/port-arthur-mans-headless-body-found-in-brazoria-county

From May 3, give a few days (more or less) to make the positive identification and notify the family.

I've seen indications that the family was notified on May 5.

The first news reports all seem to be from May 13 at the earliest.

Ten days after the body was found.

Perhaps they waited for a preliminary autopsy to be completed before anything was made public?

I found this PDF on the Austin Bayou boat ramp. I haven't linked a PDF before so I'm hoping it will work.
Looking at the map, it seems to be in a desolate location but it is located near the McCormick Reservoir and abuts the Brazoria National Wildlife Refuge and would seem to be a great place to observe wildlife. I wonder if this is near where he works?

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...7BGnHwopGj9j_lv5XCQl6g&bvm=bv.122129774,d.eWE

Pages 23-24

I found this PDF on the Austin Bayou boat ramp. I haven't linked a PDF before so I'm hoping it will work.
Looking at the map, it seems to be in a desolate location but it is located near the McCormick Reservoir and abuts the Brazoria National Wildlife Refuge and would seem to be a great place to observe wildlife. I wonder if this is near where he works?

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...7BGnHwopGj9j_lv5XCQl6g&bvm=bv.122129774,d.eWE

Pages 23-24
His Facebook shows no friends.

Working hard but had no money?
What sort of debts did he have?
Truck payment, phone payment
etc.

Works at a chemical plant. Did things ever go missing? Chemicals...etc...

When did anyone know he was missing? Maybe he has a history of absences from work. FB says he was engaged. Tough to marry a man who lives in a truck. (But then, do we know that for sure?)

Needed fingerprints to identify him. Makes sense. Someone could have exchanged DL with him and or truck registration if there was one. You need a positive ID.

Does Texas fingerprint people before getting a DL or is it just one fingerprint that goes on the license? LE would need a fingerprint examiner to compare the prints.

How was the beheading done?
Was he dead before he was beheaded. Any other damages to the body? Did it appear there was a struggle? Was the beheading done in the truck?

Was the place where he was found a normal place for him to go to? Did others know about this place?

Posts to FB were interesting. Especially the one with Jeff Daniels on the greatness of America. Seems rather timely. Don't know what movie that was from, however.

Lots of unanswered questions.

JMO

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

Jubal Alexander was not "homeless" as some accounts are saying.

He lived in an apartment in Port Arthur with a girlfriend. Port Arthur is in Jefferson County.

Source of that information is the video at the following link:

http://abc13.com/news/exclusive-father-speaks-of-son-who-was-found-decapitated/1336907/

Port Arthur is approximately 130 miles east of Angleton in Brazoria County. The "quickest" route is through the metropolitan Houston area.

He was sleeping in his truck when he was working 10-12 hour shifts at an unnamed chemical plant in Brazoria County.

It's not clear to me if he had worked after his father last saw him on April 27.

We're his shifts 5on/2off, 4on/3off, etc. or did they vary?

Was his normal habit to return home to Port Arthur when he had days off?

When was the last time he worked a shift?

Had he worked an overnight shift on May 2-3?

When was the last time his girlfriend saw/heard from him?

There are many chemical plants in Brazoria County. Which one was where he worked?

The requirement for fingerprints is a single index finger.

There was a 13-month period of time from 1-2014 to 2-2015 when a full set was collected for folks getting a new license, a renewal, or a state identification card.

Published: February 6, 2015 7:57 pm

BREAKING NEWS: Texas will stop capturing full sets of fingerprints of Texas driver’s license applicants on Monday.

In a surprise move late Friday afternoon, the Texas Department of Public Safety reversed its position and promised to stop the practice it quietly began a year ago.

The fingerprinting ends as quietly as it began. DPS rolled out the program in January 2014 without any public announcement. Even driver’s license applications didn’t mention the requirement.

What did this mean? For the first time, Texans never suspected of a crime were required to submit their full fingerprints to the government.

In its Friday afternoon news alert, the agency stated that it would stop taking full sets of fingerprints from Texans who apply for a driver’s license or a state identification card.

DPS will return to the old standard – a single index finger.

http://thescoopblog.dallasnews.com/...fingerprints-drivers-license-applicants.html/

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back