OR OR - Norma Cavilee, 44, Salem, September 2015

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
Salem woman reported missing, possibly in danger
635987528818181113-FB-IMG-1456821207194.jpg

Police are asking for the public's help locating a missing 44-year-old missing woman.
Norma Cavilee was last seen in early September 2015. On March 20, Salem Police Department listed her as missing and possibly in danger.
http://www.statesmanjournal.com/sto...an-reported-missing-possibly-danger/84339800/

I am hoping to get some help looking into a missing person case close to me. Norma Cavilee has been missing since 9/1/15. She was allegedly heading to Grants Pass, OR from Salem, OR to live with a boyfriend (who was previously convicted of murder) however she is not known to have arrived in Grants Pass. The man that gave her a ride on the last night she was seen, was given a polygraph and passed. Norma was known to use drugs and as a result, her official missing status was delayed and it seems as though little has been done to attempt to locate her. I do not know the boyfriend's name but would be very interested if someone could find that out as Norma and I have several friends in common and I believe that finding out the name of this man could help me move forward in the process of looking into this. Norma has a Facebook page that provides some basic information and she is also listed on NamUs and I have provided links to both in my post. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Missing Person Norma J. Cavilee | Facebook
Missing Person Case (namus.gov)

Article from 5 years ago: The rough life and disappearance of Norma Cavilee

“She does have a rough past, in and out of prison,” Kelly (Norma's friend) said. “She did 10 years, just got out in 2011.”

Cavilee served time for manslaughter and also battled drug use.

Lt. Steve Birr said even when she was struggling Cavilee would still be in touch with people.

Police say the only credible lead so far is that she was heading to Cave Junction in Josephine County to be with her boyfriend, who had done time for murder.

@KatzEye that is why I started a new thread for her. I have viewed all the previous posts about her but I am hoping someone can see it in real time and help me find some new details

@KatzEye that is why I started a new thread for her. I have viewed all the previous posts about her but I am hoping someone can see it in real time and help me find some new details
We're not allowed to create multiple threads for the same person. This would result in a lot of confusion and more work for the moderators. I think it's best you repost in the existing thread.

As for information about Norma's case, there are names that can't be posted here, but can be shared privately.

Last edited:
The boyfriend's name wasn't mentioned in MSM. If he's the person that has been named by people close to her, he has a horrifying track record (including suspected involvement in other missing person's cases). Several articles were written about him, also about his life in prison. If Norma ever arrived to her destination to meet him, IMO she woud be in danger.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Circumstances of Disappearance
Norma was last seen in Salem, OR in early September 2015. She was supposedly going to move to Grant Pass, OR but never arrived and she has not been heard from since.

Transportation Notes

May have got on a bus in Eugene, OR on Sept. 1-4 of 2015 but no confirmed ticket purchased under her name. Tylor Dendy claims she had a a backpack and large black duffle bag that needed to be checked due to it's size.

Did she tell Tylor Dendy why she was moving to Grants Pass?

We're not allowed to create multiple threads for the same person. This would result in a lot of confusion and more work for the moderators. I think it's best you repost in the existing thread.

As for information about Norma's case, there are names that can't be posted here, but can be shared privately.
Thank you to whomever moved this post. Much appreciated

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Circumstances of Disappearance
Norma was last seen in Salem, OR in early September 2015. She was supposedly going to move to Grant Pass, OR but never arrived and she has not been heard from since.

Transportation Notes

May have got on a bus in Eugene, OR on Sept. 1-4 of 2015 but no confirmed ticket purchased under her name. Tylor Dendy claims she had a a backpack and large black duffle bag that needed to be checked due to it's size.

Did she tell Tylor Dendy why she was moving to Grants Pass?
She was actually going to Cave Junction, which is very close to Grants Pass. Her boyfriend at the time lived there (and still does) and she had told people that she was moving in with him.

Just stopping by to say that I noticed this thread and I’m so impressed that Norma’s friend Angie posts frequently on FB and won’t let Norma be forgotten. And @fiendfinder keep up the good work advocating here for Norma.

I’ve been involved on Stephanie Warner’s thread since she went missing in 2013 at around the same age as Norma (43), also here in Southern Oregon and also apparently involving a bad boyfriend. It’s so very important for family and friends to keep beating that drum loudly, so I commend Norma’s friends for loving her enough to be tenacious. Not everyone (including Stephanie) has those kinds of friendships.

I was interested to notice that Norma was FB friends with the son of Stephanie’s boyfriend, who was from the Salem area. He’s bad news IMO and I suspect he knows what happened to Stephanie. He and his father were long gone from Oregon when Norma disappeared, so I’m not implying a link to Norma’s disappearance…just that it’s a small world!

I will watch this thread with interest and hope. :)

Eight years later, there's still no answers for missing woman Stephanie Anne Warner - KOBI-TV NBC5 / KOTI-TV NBC2

OR - OR - Stephanie Warner, 43, Ruch, 4 July 2013 - #3

upload_2021-11-25_5-43-18.jpeg

I am hoping to get some help looking into a missing person case close to me. Norma Cavilee has been missing since 9/1/15. She was allegedly heading to Grants Pass, OR from Salem, OR to live with a boyfriend (who was previously convicted of murder) however she is not known to have arrived in Grants Pass. The man that gave her a ride on the last night she was seen, was given a polygraph and passed. Norma was known to use drugs and as a result, her official missing status was delayed and it seems as though little has been done to attempt to locate her. I do not know the boyfriend's name but would be very interested if someone could find that out as Norma and I have several friends in common and I believe that finding out the name of this man could help me move forward in the process of looking into this. Norma has a Facebook page that provides some basic information and she is also listed on NamUs and I have provided links to both in my post. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Missing Person Norma J. Cavilee | Facebook
Missing Person Case (namus.gov)
Hey fiendfinder, I thought that at first you were somebody who I knew, but given some of the things in this post. I think I know the man's name, I've heard it from another advocate who is looking into Norma's case. Please PM me.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back